Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Batman (Matt Reeves) ***spoilers from post 1030***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,564 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Will the suit bring back the badly missed bat nipples?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

FunLover18 wrote: »
    It's a lot bulkier than I was expecting! The bike is also very cartoony with the bat symbol on the front which I'm not against, just wasn't expecting.

The lighting can also have an impact, there was a set photo from The Dark Knight where the suit looked almost nothing like what you normally see.
    Maybe it's the type of suit they use for stunt scenes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yeah, that suit was probably fashioned especially for the stuntman, with all the padding and braces built into the suit to protect him while driving. IIRC there's usually a couple of costume types with these things, one for posing and one for action. Heck, I believe the James Bond productions has special Tom Ford suits for action scenes, that are let out for extra mobility lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

The shoulder pads, neck guard and chest plates all seem to be the same as the one he wears on the screen test video.
    Maybe its just his batbike-batsuit ...safety first !

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,182 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wonder if the cape will be CGI'ed, assuming there is one? It'll be an interesting move if this Bats doesn't have a cape. Probably makes it easier to film if you don't have to worry about a cape flapping around behind the stunt driver.

I thought there was a Cape in the teaser thingy they released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    He was a good Batman, but I thought he was a better Bruce Wayne... shame we will never see him in the role again.

He was a good batman but a ****e Bruce Wayne

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Wonder if the cape will be CGI'ed, assuming there is one? It'll be an interesting move if this Bats doesn't have a cape. Probably makes it easier to film if you don't have to worry about a cape flapping around behind the stunt driver.

Perhaps the cape is somehow only used when he has to glide

He seems to be in a cemetery. Hopefully at long last we will finally see Batman's origins addressed on the big screen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

He seems to be in a cemetery. Hopefully at long last we will finally see Batman's origins addressed on the big screen.

Why, what happened? His origin's a mystery isn't it?

Why, what happened? His origin's a mystery isn't it?

Well, if you read between the lines in the lore, the subtext narrows it down to a few possibilities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Batman in daylight....just ain't right. At least Nolan had the thematic darkness into light thing going on to excuse it in TDKR. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Well, if you read between the lines in the lore, the subtext narrows it down to a few possibilities.

With the what now?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Ipso wrote:
    With the what now?

His ma rode a bat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

• Registered Users Posts: 11,305 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

ERUWzKBWoAA0tVo?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
    ERUWzKEXkAAzWt0?format=jpg&name=large

Batman likes his BMW bikes. Good choice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The ears on the cowl look great. They're nice & tidy looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Gintonious wrote: »

Looks like they're driving together rather than chasing, I wonder could the other person be cat woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,417 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He has the chin.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭kerplun k

He looks like a child on Christmas morning playing with his new bike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I'm starting to wonder if they're going the Bruce is broke route. Just something about the whole aesthetic, including the suit and bike, suggests he doesn't have access to top of the line technology.

I believe one of the stories from the comics, possibly Year One, went this route where Bruce was swindled out of the Wayne fortune when his parents died.

The new bat-mobile has been revealed; it's unconventional (and kind of a throwback to the very, very early days), but I really like it.

https://twitter.com/mattreevesLA/status/1235261421425958912

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

Snap! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭brevity

Snap! ;)

By Seconds!

I really like the look of it too. The front reminds me of the original Adam West batmobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Twitter already bitching about it.

IIRC I read somewhere the rumour that this Wayne is effectively penniless compared with other versions. If true, then it'd track the batmobile was something a lot more rudimentary and straightforward. I really like it, can't see what's to complain about, they can't all be ostentatious drag racers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,566 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm liking everything about it so far. Can't wait to see a clip in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

That car reminds me of something

*sits trying to think of what* .. *whilst hearing:
    nanananaananananaananananaananana

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭p to the e

Slydice wrote: »
    That car reminds me of something

*sits trying to think of what* .. *whilst hearing:
    nanananaananananaananananaananana

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was the Interceptor (the last of the V8's)

Advertisement