Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Batman (Matt Reeves) ***spoilers from post 1030***

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I expect the first cosplayers wearing this by the end of the day lol

I really had an honest chuckle at all the people blowing up about him not being Batfleck, given the absolute gnashing of teeth when Ben Affleck was announced.

I remember (I think it was shortly after The Town?) saying that he would make a great Batman and being laughed out of it. I vaguely remember the same over Keaton being cast.

All I know is that it's a pity that young Kevin Conroy never got the chance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Practical looking suit for combat, compared to the usual rubber gimp suit that limits movement. Seems like a bit of an improvement on Bale's suit, which I liked.

He looks the part anyway.

I really had an honest chuckle at all the people blowing up about him not being Batfleck, given the absolute gnashing of teeth when Ben Affleck was announced.

I remember (I think it was shortly after The Town?) saying that he would make a great Batman and being laughed out of it. I vaguely remember the same over Keaton being cast.

In fairness, Keaton wasn't a great Batman. Fantastic Bruce Wayne though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Suit looks great and practical so I guess like Nolan it'll be less "fantasy"
    Not sure about the mask but I reckon it'll be a grower

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Here's a clearer image of the head and shoulders, interesting that the cape appears to have a collar

https://twitter.com/hotkenobi/status/1228118750781534208?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

That still looks not unlike Night Owl from Watchmen, which I know was a rip on Batman. The outfit from the glimpse in the video looks a bit uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

That still looks not unlike Night Owl from Watchmen, which I know was a rip on Batman. The outfit from the glimpse in the video looks a bit uncomfortable.

That costume looks to be straight out of the comics, just one of the many interpretations or at the very least a bastardisation of a couple of suits. I can see the Netflix Daredevil comparisons though, don't know why they would do that and provoke plenty of absurd accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Homelander

Robert Pattinson is an incredible actor.... and that jawline was built for Batman. It's a shame too many people judge him by a film he was in once upon a time, completely ignoring everything he's done since, wilfully or otherwise. Reminds me of Daniel Radcliffe in that sense, another wonderful actor who's constantly going new, weird places, but consistently putting on an incredible show...but some people won't let go of Harry Potter, as if his range started and ended with the first movie or two.

I try not to expect too much from newly announced Batmen, but after seeing him in knockout performance after knockout performance, this is possibly the most confident I've been in some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Robert%252520Pattinson%252520The%252520Batman%252520movie%252520teaser%252520gq%252520feabruary%2525202020.jpg

Nice details in this one, mask looks stitched as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,428 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Homelander wrote: »
    Robert Pattinson is an incredible actor.... and that jawline was built for Batman. It's a shame too many people judge him by a film he was in once upon a time, completely ignoring everything he's done since, wilfully or otherwise. Reminds me of Daniel Radcliffe in that sense, another wonderful actor who's constantly going new, weird places, but consistently putting on an incredible show...but some people won't let go of Harry Potter, as if his range started and ended with the first movie or two.

I try not to expect too much from newly announced Batmen, but after seeing him in knockout performance after knockout performance, this is possibly the most confident I've been in some time.

I’d love to see Radcliffe in this or a sequel he has been very brave in the roles he has picked after Potter and is a magnificent actor. I actually think he could pull off The Penguin.

Crazy idea I know but instead of yet another iteration of Batman, how about we finally get a Nightwing movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Live action Nightwing has been claimed
    for Titans for the timebeing I'd guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I’d love to see Radcliffe in this or a sequel he has been very brave in the roles he has picked after Potter and is a magnificent actor. I actually think he could pull off The Penguin.

It's not that kind of fillum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭HanFiredFirst

Ipso wrote: »
    It's not that kind of fillum.

Catwoman, The Riddler and Colin Farrell already cast as and playing The Penguin in this makes me think it is that kind of filum.

Catwoman, The Riddler and Colin Farrell already cast as and playing The Penguin in this makes me think it is that kind of filum.

Colin Farrell did have to beat off Jonah Hill for the role.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,875 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Am I the only one who thought Affleck was a terrible Batman. I'd even go as far as to see nearly as bad as Clooney.

Whoosh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Quazzie wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought Affleck was a terrible Batman.

And here I thought he was the best! He just got shafted with terrible scripts. I really think his Batman film would have been great, had they let him.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

Rob2D wrote: »
    And here I thought he was the best! He just got shafted with terrible scripts. I really think his Batman film would have been great, had they let him.

He was a good Batman, but I thought he was a better Bruce Wayne... shame we will never see him in the role again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ben Affleck could have been a good Batman or Wayne, the problem was the stinker scripts he had to work with, so we'll never know for sure either way. His first film found his character a psycho fundamentalist killer, while second time around at the whim of reshoots and rewrites.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Colin Farrell did have to beat off Jonah Hill for the role.

that was a fair exchange

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

We'll see how it works out but I would have been more excited for Jonah Hill as Penguin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'd like to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Rob2D wrote: »

Agreed. I think he was both a great Batman and Bruce Wayne in terms of his performance. It was the script and story in both movies that let him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

SHOWBIZ-Ba-3.jpg

ipanews_7c1103cc-af20-45d0-b630-12e459393232_1

SHOWBIZ--367.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,266 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I'm not sure how much I like the mask to be honest, the eye slits just seem odd. I'll wait and see however, withholding judgment for now :D

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Wonder if the cape will be CGI'ed, assuming there is one? It'll be an interesting move if this Bats doesn't have a cape. Probably makes it easier to film if you don't have to worry about a cape flapping around behind the stunt driver.

• Advertisement

It's a lot bulkier than I was expecting! The bike is also very cartoony with the bat symbol on the front which I'm not against, just wasn't expecting.

Advertisement