Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chew1996

Did we all get the same Email today or has anyone be asked to come down at a later date ?
    Well done everyone and good luck to the rest ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

Congrats lads genuinely delighted for Ye. Take this chance as its once in a life time opportunity. Hoping that the rest of us hear soon

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

Chalkyw91 wrote: »
    Congrats lads genuinely delighted for Ye. Take this chance as its once in a life time opportunity. Hoping that the rest of us hear soon

thanks a million but remember your not finished yet their is still dec,this was my second run at it so pease keep your head up,i know its hard:confused: but try to keep busy.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

hi all

if you are having a problem locating kiwi parade gloss, you will need this for your boots.i cant get it in cork.so i get it from Mc's outdoor store 051 857554.if you decide to order from here tell them that you got the number from the boards and they will give you the online discount :) every cent counts

well done to all,and for the people still waiting keep your chins up stay focused,the competition isint over yet:)

• Registered Users Posts: 31 IP2015

Has the first 40 been picked already ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

IP2015 wrote: »
    Has the first 40 been picked already ???

The only way to know would be emailing or phoning the recruitment office. I'm trying to decide if I email them today or wait until Friday...

EDIT : I just sent them an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ryan89

Celticlily wrote:
    The only way to know would be emailing or phoning the recruitment office. I'm trying to decide if I email them today or wait until Friday...

Celticlily wrote:
    EDIT : I just sent them an email.

Will you let us know ur reply once you hear please. I thought we would have heard somthing today

Ryan89 wrote: »
    Will you let us know ur reply once you hear please. I thought we would have heard somthing today

No prob guys. I'm really starting to panic because at the end of this week I won't have a job anymore...that's a real issue for me as I have no family to rely on in Ireland. I've done my medicals two months ago today and I don't understand why they haven't contacted us yet. I would rather them to tell me I didn't make the cut and move on than standing in the unknown like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭spl99

I really hope you hear soon! I'm sure it'll work out in the end, it's just taking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chew1996

Has anyone who got there email yesterday received the email about what to bring with them when they are going down on the 5th :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭spl99

Nope but I'm guessing they'll send those emails out to us in bulk aswell, probably on the 21st when we were meant to all have confirmed our attendance. Seems easier to do it that way than to email us individually as we email back

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tk95

Did anybody hear anything else? My boyfriend had his medical the 22nd of July and hasn't heard anything since😕 He flew threw everything and it's really disheartening that he didn't hear back yeto when others have! I've tried phoning both recruitment number's for the navy and even emailed them and still haven't heard word back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tk95 wrote: »
    Did anybody hear anything else? My boyfriend had his medical the 22nd of July and hasn't heard anything since😕 He flew threw everything and it's really disheartening that he didn't hear back yeto when others have! I've tried phoning both recruitment number's for the navy and even emailed them and still haven't heard word back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I emailed them as well yesterday and haven't heard anything either. Please post if your boyfriend gets an answer !

I heard today that they are meant to be sending 8 emails per day and that today is only the 2nd day so far, I'd imagine they'll go on for 5 days if it's 40 recruits now and 40 in December but still no word from the Navy itself. Best of luck guys :-)

Any1 any new news? Hear anything through the grapevine? Im 10 wks now since doing my medical. Badly wanna hear something so i can at least plan on what direction im moving in. Hopefully towards Cork :) . How much longer can it be. Have all the Oct class been picked already does any1 know. Or will it be another few wks before they announce the Dec selection

Still no word yet, anybody else hear anything?

Nope nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭RYANWHELAN15

Same here .... hoping for e mail .......

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Arron13

Did my medical on the 31st of august, how many weeks till I hear something?

Arron13 wrote:
    Did my medical on the 31st of august, how many weeks till I hear something?
    did mine 10th August, haven't heard anything yet. Think there are people who did theirs in July and haven't heard anything yet.

• Advertisement

Did mine July 15th. The wait is a killer but thanks to this thread its comforting to know that there are others in the same boat as me, its whats keeping me afloat at this stage (excuse the pun) :) .
    No point thinking too much about it. we will hear when we hear, just keep ur heads above water. Taking it still that no news is good news. Best o luck to all

Any1 else any navy or sailor themed puns? For a laugh

Hey guys ! A friend of mine who works in the navy said they are taking another group at the end of October. They are still waiting on some Garda clearances at the moment.

Celticlily wrote:
    Hey guys ! A friend of mine who works in the navy said they are taking another group at the end of October. They are still waiting on some Garda clearances at the moment.
    yeah heard from an nco in haulbowline that they taking 120 before Xmas. Don't know what truth is in it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

Chalkyw91 wrote: »
    yeah heard from an nco in haulbowline that they taking 120 before Xmas. Don't know what truth is in it though.
    I thought they were just taking 80? Where are they going to get the extra 40 people if only less than 90 did the medical?

They would have done way more than 90 medicals. It's just common sense to cover themselves because not everyone is going to pass their medical or the Garda vetting and then some lads might have gone to college instead so.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Arron13

What are the odds of getting in, are they good if we got this far

Anyone get an email updating them on what's happening??

Yep just got that too, I'm gunna take it as good news as they said they would inform you if you were unsuccessful

Yea me too I did medical real late so I probably wont get notified until later on !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Jack_89

Got the email too. I did my medical on 30th July. Staying positive and hopeful that an offer will be made in due course. Best of luck to everyone!

Advertisement