Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

cheers ! im getting nervous now i really hope we find out this week ... does anyone know that if im accepted do i go into the december class or the September class ?

i would think the first run of email offers would be for the Sept recruits.i might be wrong but id say that is how they will work it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 .300 WinMag

spl99 wrote: »
    Also, to the guy who was interested in the Naval reserves, they're recruiting at the moment :)

Thanks buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

I asked this before but didn't get answer. I am on a panel for 2016. Is there any chance that I could get called for a medical if someone from the first batch of 40 drops out next month?
    I emailed themselves and they said that there won't be medicals until after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

I don't think so. After the medicals you have to pass the security clearance and this takes up to 6 weeks. At the moment they are waiting for our results to the security clearance. I don't think you'll get in this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brian Clowen

New date for class intake is 5th of Oct so you will know very soon.

Second class two weeks-ish prior to Xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭spl99

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god! Less than a month :D or a few months depending on which class :P

New date for class intake is 5th of Oct so you will know very soon.

Second class two weeks-ish prior to Xmas.

thanks a million for the info

It's been brilliant to be able to speak to you! Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brian Clowen

danube wrote: »
    I asked this before but didn't get answer. I am on a panel for 2016. Is there any chance that I could get called for a medical if someone from the first batch of 40 drops out next month?
    I emailed themselves and they said that there won't be medicals until after Christmas.

I'm afraid not.

You will not be placed on the current panel.

If your were not called for medical at all the it is unlikely that you will be called at all in this cycle.

You may have to wait for amother round of interviews and start the process again.

Make sure you get work in the mean time or return to education until then.

Do not be disheartened or disillusioned if you want the Naval Service bad enough then use this time to make yourself more prepared for the next round.

danube wrote: »

it is so true what Brian Clowen is saying i didn't get in last year but i did get a start in the naval reserve,but i am very focused on a career in the naval service,now i am hoping that i am lot wiser and older :D,so stay focused keep your head down and work hard.im hoping it will pay off for me this year :) keep your chin up OK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Ben Matter

Thanks Brian for all your information, I keep thinking everyday could be the day I get an email, this waiting is torture. I'm just wondering is there anyone else who's applied and lives up in Dublin or Wicklow?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jamie1989

Ben Matter wrote: »
    Thanks Brian for all your information, I keep thinking everyday could be the day I get an email, this waiting is torture. I'm just wondering is there anyone else who's applied and lives up in Dublin or Wicklow?
    I live in South Dublin and I've applied. Did my medical end of July and waiting on a response too

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ryan89

Im from Dublin and also did my med in July too. Really hope we all hear some good news soon #navylife bring it on :)

Heres hoping it's next week we here! :D

What's the thoughts? Will it be this week? Who knows at this stage. This could go on for a long time

It's been going on a long time for some of us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kaiserdave

:( I wouldn't mind if we were told it could be another while, hate being lost in limbo but I know they have a job to do as well. Please let it be before Friday.

The cadets are starting next week or the week after by the looks of it, so we might be waiting a bit longer to hear which kinda sucks.
    But, good things come to those who wait, and all that jazz! ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gg1305

Did anyone get an email?

Yep, 5th of october! My hands are shaking! :D
    Brb, gotta stop grinning!

How about you?

• Advertisement

October 5th 10am. Can't wait

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭gg1305

spl99 wrote: »
    Yep, 5th of october! My hands are shaking! :D
    Brb, gotta stop grinning!

How about you?

Yeah same date, absolutely delighted!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Chew1996

Just got the Email for the 5th of October...Absolutely delighted

Wahoo! Wonder who emailed their confirmation back quickest? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dobo1

Just checked my email starting 5th of Oct ,can't wait well done to all see Ya all on the 5th ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Campbellman

got the email 5th of october :))))))

Im sweating now lads. What time did yas get the email at?
    Well done to you all. Hopefully i get mine soon

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

Ryan89 wrote: »
    Im sweating now lads. What time did yas get the email at?
    Well done to you all. Hopefully i get mine soon

Same here. Really stressful as I finished up my work last Thursday and took nothing on because I didn't want to quit after a week.

Celticlily wrote:
    Same here. Really stressful as I finished up my work last Thursday and took nothing on because I didn't want to quit after a week.

Well the waiting has to be over soon. Im so close to leaving my job myself.
    Hopefully emails are getting sent out over the course of the week.
    Stay positive and we'll hear soon. Best o luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kaiserdave

Nothing as of yet, please let everything be known before Friday. Over seven weeks now, best of luck to everyone still waiting and congrats to those who got the nod today.

Advertisement