Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Navy Recruitment 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Celticlily

Hell ?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭spl99

Torture i imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Brian Clowen

I have posted here in ages.

Just to let you all know successful candiates will begin training in last week of Sept.

Confirmation is imminent.

Best of luck to anyone who made it and to those that didn't please don't despair if you really want it there will be more next year and if not just make sure your working at something, learning skills, educating yourself, living life and taking part in your family and community.

If anyone has any private questions please feel free to message.

Recruit training is not hell and it is not torture.

It is long and hard and difficult as it needs to be.

When and if you past out you will have achieved something special and it will make everything endured worth it.

How imminent is imminent? ;) i'm starting to get all jittery! I got two emails in the space of a minute and i thought my heart was gonna stop :P
    Thank you for the advice and the cool words!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Jamie1989

Looks like it will probably be next week 😢

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Jamie1989

I'm losing the will to live here. We don't know when it's gna be or whether it will even be this week

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

Given that I'm on the 2016 panel, is there any chance that I could get called to to a medical before this Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭DOB01

Jamie1989 wrote: »
    I'm losing the will to live here. We don't know when it's gna be or whether it will even be this week

all we can do is keep busy,go for a walk with the dog go swimming or kick a ball around with the lads,spend some time with the family because if we do get in we will spend a lot of time away from them.well that's what i am doing,it will happen and the email will come though,so just chill and enjoy the time you have with family and friends.so move away from your connection to the boards and email for a few hours and check on it at the end of the day.i know its tough not knowing but try to keep busy.

if anyone of ye live or can travel to the south side of cork.i am putting it out to ye if anyone of ye are looking for something to do instead of sitting waiting for the number one to pop up on your inbox, in the evenings ye can join me for a run,private message me ok

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kaiserdave

I agree. It is hard to stay away from the laptop and resist the urge to be online all day. I'm trying to fill up my days for the next week or so. Went to the gym today and have hurling training tonight and on Wed, plus the Celtic game is tomorrow night. I'd gladly take up the offer, but I'm in rural Laois. Hopefully it will happen some time this week, maybe we'll wake up one morning and it will be there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Chew1996

kaiserdave wrote: »
    I agree. It is hard to stay away from the laptop and resist the urge to be online all day. I'm trying to fill up my days for the next week or so. Went to the gym today and have hurling training tonight and on Wed, plus the Celtic game is tomorrow night. I'd gladly take up the offer, but I'm in rural Laois. Hopefully it will happen some time this week, maybe we'll wake up one morning and it will be there.

Where about in Laois are you from ? Living there myself :)

Outside Borris-in-Ossory, what about yourself? There are a few lads from around here.

Outside Borris-in-Ossory, what about yourself? There are a few lads from around here.

I'm from mountmellick so not too far :) Ah I see be nice to have a few familiar faces if we did get through

Celticlily wrote: »
    Ok :) The waiting is killing me too. Try and stay busy....that's all we can do anyway....

where a bouts from cork are you in if you around the south side i do my runs in the evening if you want to join up with me ?????

isn't this better than wondering about when the emails are going to come in,hopefully ye can get together and become friend and hopefully future naval recruits together

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Chalkyw91

Anyone around Clonmel area?

To the two Laois lads above.

A quick math test:

In percentage of a mile what distance is a standard GAA pitch?

In feet how far can you jump forward from a full squat position with your hands behind your head?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ryan89

Hi, ive passed all the stages aswell lads for the Navy recruitment and had my medical on the 15th July. It will be 6 weeks tomorrow since i did my medical and still have not heard any word back. Im assuming the garda clearance takes a while. Have any of you guys heard anything after your medical?

To the two Laois lads above.

A quick math test:

In percentage of a mile what distance is a standard GAA pitch?

In feet how far can you jump forward from a full squat position with your hands behind your head?

Could be wrong here but by my calculation it's about 8.07% of a mile now that's taking the pitch as 130m and a mile as 1609.344 😠and as for the jumping squats 3-4 ft I'd imagine but not 100% sure

Delighted ive come across this tread to discover that theres loads more people in the same boat as me. I did my Medical on the 15th July . 6 wks waiting tomorrow. Hopefully we all hear something soon

• Advertisement

It's kinda cool that we're getting to know each other before we've even started. Providing we all get to start that is.

spl99 wrote: »
    It's kinda cool that we're getting to know each other before we've even started. Providing we all get to start that is.

i agree with you.the boards is what you make of it,friends ect.... going through the same thing and just to keep up the faith as the emails will come out as soon as they are ready for us.again best of luck to everyone

Theres was a thread very similar to this 4 yrs ago of a bunch of lads/lassies that were going through the same thing as us and playing the waiting game. It was quite interesting to read and reassuring that this wait is the norm.
    Then one guy posted up that he got a phone call from Haulbowline saying he got offered a place, followed by an email with start date, uniform sizes etc. Then another guy .. and another.
    They all seemed to be informed via a phone call so i wonder will it be the same for us

Ohhhhhh damn thats awesome!
    Future potential recruits, hello!!!

Great reply Chew.

Now how many jumps in that position will it take you to complete that lap?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ben Matter

Best of luck to everyone who are waiting on emails! I have my medical next Monday...I haven't heard anyone else's being this late so I don't think it's a good sign...does anyone know if there taking in a second class after the septemeber group or anything?

Ben Matter wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone who are waiting on emails! I have my medical next Monday...I haven't heard anyone else's being this late so I don't think it's a good sign...does anyone know if there taking in a second class after the septemeber group or anything?

i have heard that it is Sept and DEC don't know how true that is.....

Great reply Chew.

Now how many jumps in that position will it take you to complete that lap?

By lap do you mean a lap of the pitch or just one length of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭danube

DOB01 wrote: »
    i have heard that it is Sept and DEC don't know how true that is.....
    Yes your right. The first batch of 40 start next months and the second batch of 40 start in December.

• Advertisement

Did mine on the 28th, so four weeks today. Nothing yet, but was told we'd hear in three or four weeks. So hoping to have word before Friday.

Advertisement