Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,486 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This should be interesting. You should now be able to tell why Marty is able to hold you down and whisper sweet nothings in your ear.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/764876569252814848

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This should be interesting. You should now be able to tell why Marty is able to hold you down and whisper sweet nothings in your ear.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/764876569252814848

I don't even know much about grapple advantage, only thing I keep a close eye on is stamina and when the other guy's is low enough, that's when I strike or advance position.

There's some idiots online even in higher divisions who will try the same bottom transition and have it blocked 5 or 6 times in a row and then wonder why they lost the fight about 20 seconds later.

Still though, this patch looks like a bit of an equaliser for anyone not so good on the ground.

Just from our fights, I can see how you get grapple advantage from blocking transitions, that mixed with the stamina drain is what wrecks people. Grapple advantage stops them transitioning/helps you transition and the stamina drain means quicker stoppages.

The new graphic necessarily won't make it easier for people, it should just let them know why they are losing instead of 'glitchy bug hackzz'

I wonder what fighters will get added. Would be epic if Seery got the nod. I saw a tweet recently where some guy told EA to add him and Neil replied telling your man to return the **** game to the shop :pac:

Patch is live with 4 new fighters added. New blocking changes could really make better wars instead of flim flam up and down combos that you can't bock.

https://www.easports.com/ufc/news/2016/ea-sports-ufc-2-content-update-6?utm_campaign=ufc2_hd_ww_ic_soco_fb_content-update-6-fb-081616&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&cid=14460&ts=1471370926152&sf48148273=1

• Advertisement

The details beyond this are class, first thing I'm gonna try tonight.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/765284525672796160

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

The details beyond this are class, first thing I'm gonna try tonight.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/765284525672796160

That is absolutely unreal.

Pretty sure I've just landed the best pack ever. :D

394578.jpeg

Was that from the last live event rewards?

Was that from the last live event rewards?

It was indeed, got the top prize. That Cormier card is going to come in so handy.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    It was indeed, got the top prize. That Cormier card is going to come in so handy.

Yupp, that's all you needed ya bollox :) the new grapple meter is a really nice touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Has anyone else noticed thar the fight of the night bonuses in career mode are ridiculously hard to get? Think I've only ever got one in any of my careers.

Yupp Prince, only got 1 bonus in my career even though i was wrecking people. They said they fixed it in a patch but guess not.

Noticed the mane thing myself, five <1 minute Imanari roll heel hooks in a row at one point and not a single bonus. :pac:

While I'm here, looking to get another tournament going soon, might as well post it in here too in case anyone doesn't follow the league thread. Myself and Zero in so far, so 6 more needed.

Just post in the following thread if anyone wants to take part: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057589183

Not much more interest in a tourney?

There are free Tyson packs in ultimate team atm, not sure how long they are up for. You can get 2 and i got 2 tyson uppercuts, 5 stars.

I started a new career with McGregor but after TUF, I turned it off. 1, he doesn't look anything like real life and 2, the training camps are unbelievably boring, even with simming them. I wish they'd put together a proper interesting career mode!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Anyone have tips for improving your ground game? Whenever I take someone down they just get right back up again.

As soon as you take someone down, hold R2 (holding r2 and press the direction they are escaping will block them) and just wait. When you see them move, then press the direction they are going. This can be hard to tell if they are escaping up or down. Escaping left or right is easy enough to notice. One you block an escape, you get grapple advantage meaning you can transition and will get a speed boost to complete it. Blocking multiple escapes one after another will give you maximum grapple advantage giving you an instant transition instead of waiting for the transition meter to build up.

The hardest thing is timing. You need quick reactions to block the escape/transition and you should just do the ground grapple tutorial until you are getting A's. It will stuck but just doing it over and over will definitely improve your reaction time and you'll get to a point where you will be blocking transitions most of the time, even sweeping guys if you can predict what move they will try next like if a guy has you in side control, chances are he will try get straight into mount so you can anticipate the direction.

The main thing is patience. Don't rush transitions or escapes. Wait to see what your opponent is doing because of you can block an escape or transition first, it will make your own escape/transition much easier.

My favourite thing about the ground gameis how like real life it is in regards to the patience. Rush moves and you waste stamina and get swept.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭ballsdeep69

Anyone have tips for improving your ground game? Whenever I take someone down they just get right back up again.

PARKandSPARK15 tats my gamer tag add me. I'm unstoppable ( Ihave the flow of a heavy period)

HA I just spotted myself in the December Highlight reel. I submitted this clip about 6 months ago :pac:

Ya can't miss me, I'm the one dressed as Spider-man :)

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/804798612781809665

Jesus that was the best of the lot of them Zero! I've had a few crackers and a class one earlier tonight but I didn't know you could send the clips on, must save them anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anyone still playing? :D

stephenl15 wrote: »

Still tipping away it myself, the live events keep me coming back. If you're on PS I can give you a few scraps one of the nights, I'm kaptinofwAr121 (yes I was a young idiot when I came up with ID :o)

Still tipping away it myself, the live events keep me coming back. If you're on PS I can give you a few scraps one of the nights, I'm kaptinofwAr121 (yes I was a young idiot when I came up with ID :o)

Haha I'm on now I'll add you. I keep switching between ultimate and normal ranked. My UT guys are too one dimensional

Haha I'm on now I'll add you. I keep switching between ultimate and normal ranked. My UT guys are too one dimensional

I got bored of ranked against strangers fairly quickly, there's rarely anyone on in the divisions I like. Having great success in UT though, have five fighters that I stick to now, one Muay Thai fighter in each weight class and then a lightweight BJJ guy who's absolutely lethal, rips arms off for fun. Have a team score of around 23-24k I think so I'm happy with how that's going for me, also ranked in the top 25 in the world in live events. :)

I got bored of ranked against strangers fairly quickly, there's rarely anyone on in the divisions I like. Having great success in UT though, have five fighters that I stick to now, one Muay Thai fighter in each weight class and then a lightweight BJJ guy who's absolutely lethal, rips arms off for fun. Have a team score of around 23-24k I think so I'm happy with how that's going for me, also ranked in the top 25 in the world in live events. :)

Christ you'll maul me haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

pretty much the only ps4 game I play consistently. Wouldn't be the best at all, but much prefer it to the likes of COD etc

also ranked in the top 25 in the world in live events. :)

That's well impressive man.....not as impressive as being Boards GOAT but still, good job :D

I'm horrible at the live events. Have you gotten any cool new moves in UT lately?

That's well impressive man.....not as impressive as being Boards GOAT but still, good job :D

I'm horrible at the live events. Have you gotten any cool new moves in UT lately?

Nah I rarely get the top tier reward, twice ever I think which shows you how rare it is given my ranking. Best move I have at the moment is a Max Holloway 5 star lead body punch on my middleweight (jab, rear uppercut then that in a combo nearly always triggers a health event when it lands), and a 5 star Japanese necktie on my BJJ guy which is a 3 step sub making it lethal. Only reason I'm that high is because I literally have never missed one because I do the UFC prediction league on here too which reminds me to get my picks in on this. It's probably my favourite sports game ever, nothing has ever held my interest like this has, cannot wait for UFC 3.

And you're only boards GOAT because you haven't defended your title, we'll have to start calling you Germaine. :D

And you're only boards GOAT because you haven't defended your title, we'll have to start calling you Germaine. :D

Ah I heard you were entering cheat codes to unlock moves. I'd rather give up my belt than fight you :P Must jump on some night for a few scraps. When it comes to online, are people still going mad with the head/body combos that are impossible to defend? Has there been many more patches released?

• Advertisement

Ah I heard you were entering cheat codes to unlock moves. I'd rather give up my belt than fight you :P Must jump on some night for a few scraps. When it comes to online, are people still going mad with the head/body combos that are impossible to defend? Has there been many more patches released?

The only cheat code I'll enter is the one that gives you a chance next time we fight! ;)

The combos are still there from what I see but that awful one that guaranteed a free head kick is gone at least, the others that often catch me are probably just down to a lack of skill at reading them tbf, my striking defence is still as average as ever as stephenl15 could tell you from last nights scraps. The patches have probably improved the game in general but I haven't really noticed.

Yeah sure drop a message one of the evenings when you're up for it, it's far better fighting people you know rather than strangers because I've found 90% of fights against them are extremely one sided one way or another, very rarely get into proper wars in UT.

Advertisement