Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

100% honest- I love our hotel. They have been AMAZING to work with, nothing we ask for is any problem, and they respond to queries within hours- if they don't have the answer there and then they come back with it within 24 hours. They are extremely pleasant to deal with, and even though our contact person changed a few months there must have been an excellent handover because it's been seamless.

Now, I anticipate a few blips as we get nearer because nowhere is perfect, but so far I am beyond impressed. They all actually seem quite excited- genuinely- about our wedding whenever we're there, which is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

We had the same crap with ours Scarepanda, it was annoying and added stress to the whole thing that wasn't needed.

To reassure you, they did a fantastic job on the day in the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Thanks guys. I'm just a bit fed up with them at the moment tbh. The place just seems to be full of departments and managers who never seem to communicate with each other.

It's a big hotel, local to our area, but well known throughout the country. And a few of our friend's have gotten married there and have great things to say about the place. So it is a bit disappointing. Hopefully we can iron everything out with them though.

I can't sleep - my heads gone into overdrive 😢

Where are ye all getting yer wedding Jewellery? I can't see what I want in the shops, so started looking online this evening. Iv seen some nice stuff on Etsy, but I'm not sure about the quality etc

I finally got chatting to a manager about the accommodation at the hotel so that is all sorted out thankfully. I just need to send a list of names for the rooms we are managing. They do things awfully awkward though - to get the wedding rate guests need to ring the hotel, so can't book online.

The invitations are going out this weekend 🀣!

And Iv finally got himself to agree a day to go get his ring! Ring shopping is his idea of hell, so it should be interesting!

Iv a list of stuff that needs to be done/organised/people contacted racing around my head at the moment. None of which can be done at 3am..... And Iv to be up early in the morning to get my LO into the GP for her last vaccinations!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I wore a bracelet from etsy with a butterfly for my mum (my Bridesmaids had a similar one). My MIL pearls, my mother's bracelet and a pair of blue topaz drop earrings that my MIL bought as a gift for my something new. It was a fairly random assortment but I liked that it was more personal!

RE ringing for wedding rate rooms - that's fairly standard from what I've seen, I wouldn't be too hard on the hotel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

A lady in Sligo has started doing jewellery and accessories as well as dresses, her stuff is nice if you search Accessories by Loves Legacy it should come up! She has a separate site for her dresses!

I think its the norm to have to ring? All weddings I've been to I've had to ring and book to get the wedding rate.. I think they should have the facility to give you a discount code or something so people can book online though, I think it would be handy! I know I have friends coming from Canada and they had to get the time difference and all right before ringing, a discount code of some description would make life easier :-)

GingerLily wrote: »
    RE ringing for wedding rate rooms - that's fairly standard from what I've seen, I wouldn't be too hard on the hotel.

Ah right, I didn't know that was the way things were still done. Any of the recent weddings we've been at where we would have had to stay over a code was given, like a voucher/discount code and you just typed that in when booking online. I'll give them a break on that one so!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Our venue gave us a code that people could use on their website online, was great! But I do think that most venues don't have this capability.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 juli123

so exited! looking for a cute venue for vintage theme :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Scarepanda I got my jewellery jn Newbridge silver wear. Their grace kelly collection is very bridal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Ruginator

scarepanda wrote: »
    How has everybody found dealing with their hotel? Have they been easy to deal with?

Right now I'm partly regretting going with ours. They are hard flippin work. I have to chase them about absolutely everything, no one has answers and I'm being constantly passed from manager to manager. They have got import, previously agreed details wrong and as Iv mentioned before the meeting after the food tasting was a disaster. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt, but now it's just becoming plain annoying.

Hey,
    We found out venue very difficult for to deal with in the weeks leading upto our wedding and our meal tasting was underwhelming as well. In reality I got the sense that they rolled out the red carpet to get us to book and once booked we were just another number. We found even to get a phone call returned could take a week.

They venue only really re engaged with us in any meaningful way in the days leading upto the wedding when we had our final meeting with the co-ordinator.

I suppose from them their perspective they only really care about the minute details in the week leading upto the wedding when our day was on the horizon. It caused ferocious stress for my bride.

In saying all that I was confident that the venues are experts in what they do and very capable of performing when required. That's exactly how our day turned out. The hotel were fantastic. The food was excellent and the service was superb. So we were left in a position where the guests were treated really well which is what we really cared for, even if our perspective as bride and groom was that the hotel were very poor to deal with in the lead up.

Thanks ruginator! I hope our hotel pull the finger out soon. I need to send a stern email to them regarding the issues they had, especially the layout of the ceremony room. The main meal tasting was perfect, the food was delicious, it was the extras that had been agreed with the coordinator I booked with is where they let us down food wise. They obviously never looked at the notes that were taken and just out in a half hearted effort. In the bigger scheme of things the extra at the drinks reception won't make any difference to our guests, it's just something that allows us to put our stamp on the wedding if that makes sense.

I was chatting the photographer earlier and he's brilliant! We had a good chat about the day and what we want photo wise etc. Nothing was a problem and he was full of suggestions as to how to make everything run smoothly while also allowing us to be able to spend time with our guests during the drinks reception.

Our invitations went out this week.... Almost 50% attendance rate so far and out of our friend's/ extended family that have gotten back to us only 1 definite decline and one maybe. Quite surprised I have to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

The accepts do tend to come right away, it's the declines that come in dribs and drabs, it's such an exciting time :)

Before the wedding I was quite upset with particular declines but I wouldn't change our wedding day for a thing, everyone there wanted to be there and that made all the difference!

It's strange getting RSVPs back! Just over 8 weeks away now! There's more coming from abroad than I thought would be and I'm surprised with some of the attendees. Some of them are people who I thought wouldn't be able to go, but the more the merrier!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

You'll probably still have to chase people for an answer. Practically none of my husband's extended family RSVPd. They all just assumed we knew they'd be coming (how, I don't know because we literally only see them at weddings and funerals)

Registered our intent today! Got our green folder! Woop woop!! Want to have my invites out soon so best get the finger out and finish making them!
    Also got an Addresspal message to say our addresspal is ready to collect.. have a rake of bits ordered to decorate an arch so that'll be the start of that! Can't wait to get decorating it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

GingerLily wrote: »
    The accepts do tend to come right away, it's the declines that come in dribs and drabs, it's such an exciting time :)

Before the wedding I was quite upset with particular declines but I wouldn't change our wedding day for a thing, everyone there wanted to be there and that made all the difference!

I was upset at some of the declines too but I came to realise that you literally will never get a day in your life that will suit every single one of your nearest and dearest to get together. People are so busy with their own lives.

Sometimes I do wish we just ran away and eloped. The wedding set us back 2-3 years financially but I know I should be grateful of the nice day we had too.

Not long left for me. Next week.
    Getting all my alterations done tomorrow. Seamstress said I could be there for most of the day

Oh toots, there's people already that I know intend going but haven't actually said yes they are going. I don't want to ask them for definite just yet incase there may be a reason that they may be unsure about whether they will be able to go or not. I'm fully expecting some people to not be able to go, but I am pleasantly surprised so far at some RSVPs!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd say 8 weeks is still early to be chasing people up. The ones I was talking about still hadn't replied and it was something like 2 weeks before the wedding!

• Advertisement

Toots wrote: »
    I'd say 8 weeks is still early to be chasing people up. The ones I was talking about still hadn't replied and it was something like 2 weeks before the wedding!

Oh no, I won't be doing it till about a week after the RSVP date, which will be around 3 weeks before the wedding. The people so far that I've been chatting to that I know intend to go are family and some close friends. I know they assume we know they are going, they just haven't given a definite yes to us yet. I just won't be assuming anyone will be going till they tell us so.

My hen is tomorrow.... Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

scarepanda wrote: »

Enjoy!:)

scarepanda wrote:

Ahh brill!! Enjoy!!

Thanks ladies!

I haven't a notion about what's planned.... So it should be interesting!

I had a pre-wedding dream last night..... Let's say it wasn't great..... But we both turned up so I guess that's a good thing!

scarepanda wrote:
    I haven't a notion about what's planned.... So it should be interesting!

Eek! Exciting!! Mines in 6 weeks and I haven't a clue whats planned either! #ohtheexcitement

We got our invites over the weekend and did them all yesterday- off in the post with them today! NOW it's real. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

We got our invites over the weekend and did them all yesterday- off in the post with them today! NOW it's real. :pac::pac::pac:

I found once we sent the invites that the time just flew!! We're getting married Saturday, it feels surreal I can't quite believe it!!

I'm tomorrow

• Advertisement

Have a fab day!!

Advertisement