Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

Hope no-ones affected by Ophelia today :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I was thinking the same thing! Kind of lucky that Ophelia is hitting on a Monday rather than a Friday/Saturday.

Out of interest, does anyone know what would happen?

I'm assuming if all had to be cancelled it would be same as regular insurance - no cover cos "act of nature" or act of god or whatever they call it! :-(

I would assume something like that alright. That would be a hard pill to swallow!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

It's all kicking off now- 5 weeks from Saturday :eek:

Going in to get my best man his outfit tomorrow. Accessories (pocket squares and socks) all arrived today.

OMG it's getting so exciting. We've one week left of our RSVP time- I'm actually happy with our numbers and RVSP rate so far. I know there'll be some we've to chase up but it doesn't look too bad. Thank feck!

I'm obsessing about our playlists. Way too much time is being spent on Spotify!! :D

• Advertisement

Ordered my wedding shoes!!! They should be here in time for me picking my dress up next week!!!! The most I've ever even contemplated spending on a pair of shoes but I've been in love with them for over a year so goddammit I'm getting them!! Eeeeeek!!!!

It's all kicking off now- 5 weeks from Saturday

Ahhhh!!! The excitement!!!

mcgiggles wrote: »
    Ordered my wedding shoes!!! They should be here in time for me picking my dress up next week!!!! The most I've ever even contemplated spending on a pair of shoes but I've been in love with them for over a year so goddammit I'm getting them!! Eeeeeek!!!!

Well if you've loved them for that long your not going to fall out if love with them and so I would say that they are worth the expense!

4 weeks tomorrow for us. 6 definite No's so far for the full day and 2 of them are coming in the evening. RSVP deadline is tomorrow. We have about 12 couples I think to chase up. And some of those I know are intending on coming and know that we know that, but I won't be putting them down as coning till they tell me so! Evening invites are going out this weekend, writing them up tonight.

Iv way more DIY stuff left to do that I had planned at this stage, but hopefully I'll get through a fair bit this weekend. Iv no dress fitting this weekend so won't have to go any where.

baby and crumble, any advice on how to easily remove stubborn bottle labels?

scarepanda wrote: »
    baby and crumble, any advice on how to easily remove stubborn bottle labels?

We soaked ours in the bath with water and cheap fabric softener. Seems to get most of them to slide off. Any really stubborn sticker stuff we got off using a label remover, you get in in B&Q or woodies in the chemicals section.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DubGal123

When is /was your rsvp date do you mind me asking scarepanda? Sounds like you're nearly there with your attendee list! Ours aren't sent out long - a week or two - and the response so far has been underwhelming!! I don't know why I'm surprised, everyone warns you collecting rsvps is the killer :) I'm not too worried, just looking forward to the rsvp date arriving so I can start chasing people! Do people generally get an influx at the rsvp date? I'm thinking a lot of people will just forget now at this stage and I'll have a lot of people to chase (only about 20% confirmed at the mo, all yes).

Fair play on the wedding shoes mcgiggles, I'm sure they're fab if you've had your eye on them fot so long! I need to get mine soon now, alterations will be starting soon. I'm not a big shoe person so I don't think it will be a splurge for me, your never know though!! :)

• Advertisement

The RSVP date is tomorrow. I can't wait to chase everyone up so I have final numbers to work with, so I'll be making contact with people Saturday. We had a flurry at the very beginning and then it petered off with people randomly responding the last couple of weeks. Its been quite the last few days so we'll see if we get many tomorrow. I'm pretty happy with the response rate, about 70% have gotten back to us and about 90% of those are coming. Tbh I wasn't expecting the attendance to be so high. There's people who have timed trips home from oz to coincide with the wedding and others who have rearranged work commitments to get home from the uk for it as well. It's a weird, but nice feeling to know people have put in so much effort to make it, especially as we'll only have been engaged 7 months when we get married, so not a whole lot of time for people abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DubGal123

The RSVP date is tomorrow. I can't wait to chase everyone up so I have final numbers to work with, so I'll be making contact with people Saturday. We had a flurry at the very beginning and then it petered off with people randomly responding the last couple of weeks. Its been quite the last few days so we'll see if we get many tomorrow. I'm pretty happy with the response rate, about 70% have gotten back to us and about 90% of those are coming. Tbh I wasn't expecting the attendance to be so high. There's people who have timed trips home from oz to coincide with the wedding and others who have rearranged work commitments to get home from the uk for it as well. It's a weird, but nice feeling to know people have put in so much effort to make it, especially as we'll only have been engaged 7 months when we get married, so not a whole lot of time for people abroad.

Thanks Scarepanda, great to get an idea of how it's working out for someone else! Best of luck with your chasing up this weekend :)

DubGal123 wrote: »
    Thanks Scarepanda, great to get an idea of how it's working out for someone else! Best of luck with your chasing up this weekend :)

No problem! Got one RSVP last night and none so far today.

mcgiggles wrote:

They arrived!!! (Well they arrived Monday and I only got to pick them up yesterday! Frustrating ha!) Omg am so in love with them I almost cried! I was so scared to open the box in case they weren't as pretty as I thought, then I was scared to try them on in case they didn't fit.. but omg!!! IN LOVE is an understatement!! So excited!!! Picking up dress today too so I got them just in time :-) 9 weeks!! (Aaahhhh single digits!!)

Ah I'm delighted for ya mcgiggles! Things will start to really fall into place from now on!

We're 3 weeks today. I got a good bit of the DIY stuff done this week, but I'm still feeling so unprepared at the moment. I feel like iv a load of things to get done, but that I'm forgetting half of it.

We've got all our RSVPs back. There was 98 total on the guest list, 81 confirmed attendance. Most of the 17 not attending are kids and some of the adults not going to the full day are going to the evening. Very happy and surprised I have to say. I was expecting the numbers to be closer to 65/70.

scarepanda wrote:
    We're 3 weeks today. I got a good bit of the DIY stuff done this week, but I'm still feeling so unprepared at the moment. I feel like iv a load of things to get done, but that I'm forgetting half of it.

Thats my plans for this weekend! I want all DIY stuff done before December cos it's usually a crazy busy month anyways I don't want to add to that! :-)
    scarepanda wrote:
    We've got all our RSVPs back. There was 98 total on the guest list, 81 confirmed attendance. Most of the 17 not attending are kids and some of the adults not going to the full day are going to the evening. Very happy and surprised I have to say. I was expecting the numbers to be closer to 65/70.

Thats awesome :-) did you have to chase many?

Ah stop, I'd planned on having all the DIY stuff done by this week. That won't happen now, so I'm hoping it won't be a major panic the last week. At least its the BH weekend so himself will be at home and he can look after our daughter and it will free me up a bit. Hopefully I get all but 4 bottles sprayed (I don't have them ready for spraying yet). My advice is to make one list of every little item you need/want to get done and keep adding to it. When it comes to doing something you'll know then whether it's important or not and you can cross it off the list when its done/decided not to do.

ERM.... I think it was 8 or 10 couples and some of them had kids invited as well. So not that many. We didn't have a last minute influx of RSVPs the last day and everyone got back to me by last Sunday so didn't have to chase to much.

Just under 4 weeks now! :eek:

Anyone have any recommendations for free or cheap printable templates for the order of service & table plans?

Hopefully my suit will be in next week- it better be after chasing them up! I'll go mad if it isn't tbh.

Picked up my dress last Friday, alterations today, nails trial tomorrow and hen on Friday! What a wedding-y week :-) woop woop!

P.s. why are people so annoying/ignorant?! Finished writing invites and had started asking for addresses weeks ago so I would have them all ready to go. Have had to chase half of them. And then some don't write back. So I message their partner. And they don't write back. So I ask himself to get onto him (his friend!) And he tells him he will be away. Why was it so hard to tell me that over a week ago before I wrote the invites!
    "No I'll just ignore her, that's the right way to do things!"
    I don't mind if people can't go to the wedding, 100% attendance is not realistic, but just tell me so straight out! Or give me their address and decline the invite then if they didn't want to broach the subject yet!

• Advertisement

I know what you mean. I've had most people get back to us but there's a rake of people (who I don't even know, my future MIL wanted them invited) who still haven't RSVP'd, and I have no way of contacting them. MIL was trying to tell us it wasn't rude that NONE of them had RSVP'd. :rolleyes: I think a lot of folks just assume that you know they'll be there.

Well, until I know for sure you haven't been put down for dinner. :p

Ah ladies, its a pain in the ass trying to get addresses! Thankfully I had most of the ones I needed for the full invitation. But for those I didn't I was a bit stalkery in that if I knew where they lived I was using Google maps and eircode to get addresses. One of our evening invites still hasn't gotten back to us. Its one of my OHs college friends. I got him to send a photo of the invitation to him at the weekend.

I realised something scary this morning.... We're getting married this month! Just over two weeks away now! I got a good bit of the DIY stuff finished at the weekend. It's mainly just the final details that need to be sorted out now and finalising appointments for the week of the wedding.

One of my bridesmaids broke her front tooth last night and she can't get an appointment, even an emergency one till after the wedding and some practices don't have any appointments till after Christmas! It's crazy how things/places are booking out this early 'for Christmas' already!

I realised something scary this morning.... We're getting married this month! Just over two weeks away now! I got a good bit of the DIY stuff finished at the weekend. It's mainly just the final details that need to be sorted out now and finalising appointments for the week of the wedding.

Stop, I know! It's mad to think that, it's just over 3 for me!!!! I'm trying to sort table plans and order of service now. Anyone seen any good free templates? I've seen some nice editable ones on Etsy I'll probably end up buying them and printing our own.
    One of my bridesmaids broke her front tooth last night and she can't get an appointment, even an emergency one till after the wedding and some practices don't have any appointments till after Christmas! It's crazy how things/places are booking out this early 'for Christmas' already!

Oh no, hope she's ok! It is crazy, I had hoped to book myself for my scale an polish, better call them ASAP! :eek:

Oh no, hope she's ok! It is crazy, I had hoped to book myself for my scale an polish, better call them ASAP!

Oh feck me too, best get onto it!!

Oh no, hope she's ok! It is crazy, I had hoped to book myself for my scale an polish, better call them ASAP!

I know. I had planned on getting that done as well, but tbh I completely forgot to book it. But I don't think I'm going to stress myself out over it at this stage, especially if none of them even have emergency appointments left! The closest appointment she's gotten so far is the morning after the appointment! That's still 2.5 weeks away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭xXlollsXx

Hi guys, my wedding is wll and truly over now. My honeymoon is a distant memory. Just wondering what's the etiquette for ppl who came to the wedding without card or gift in terms of thank you cards. Should I not send ones to those ppl?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭jellybear

xXlollsXx wrote: »
    Hi guys, my wedding is wll and truly over now. My honeymoon is a distant memory. Just wondering what's the etiquette for ppl who came to the wedding without card or gift in terms of thank you cards. Should I not send ones to those ppl?

I would send one. Thank them for being there and for helping you to celebrate the day because at the end of the day that's why they were invited :)

We're not that far yet. But I would send a thank you regardless.

The way I'd look at it is you never know the reason someone doesn't give a card/present. It could be that they are lazy/forgot, but it could be also because they are tight for money. And I know a card is cheap, but someone may think it would stand out more giving an empty card than no card at all. At the end of the day going to a wedding does cost guests time and money and their presence would be more valuable (to me at least) than any present/card they could give us.

Okay as soon as I start writing this I know its going to sound silly.... But.... has anyone else had a weird feeling coming up to the wedding? Its a really funny feeling and hard to describe.. my OH said he's feeling funny too.. its like we're so feckin happy right now, like stupid happy, we are more in love than we've ever been and everything is just going SO smoothly.. long story short life is REALLY good for us right now.... its like I'm just waiting for something bad to happen!!

Nerves???

• Advertisement

Nerves.

I'm feeling it a bit too. I feel like I can't settle, I'm getting a bit "full on" about stuff I normally wouldn't. I'm stressed about other stuff too, but I do know what you mean.

Advertisement