Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I get so excited when I read everyones posts you'd swear I knew ye all haha... Anyone still find it surreal that they are getting married? Got engaged 2 years ago and its in a few weeks but it still kinda crazy when I think about it! :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

It is weird, it does feel really weird.

We've come up with an indoor spraying system which includes a lazy susan and a fabric wardrobe from ikea to minimise overspray and not having to worry about weather. It's working well, I'm getting 4-8 finished most weekdays and more at the weekends when i'm home during the day. It is a lot though. Sorted our cake stand too, i'm really pleased with it.

I do need to see about pocket squares now I think about it... Hmmm, to google! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭scarepanda

mcgiggles wrote: »
    I get so excited when I read everyones posts you'd swear I knew ye all haha... Anyone still find it surreal that they are getting married? Got engaged 2 years ago and its in a few weeks but it still kinda crazy when I think about it! :-P

Oh I still can't believe it. We only got engaged 6 months ago, so we've had a short lead in to it. But we're 11 years together the day we get married and I never thought we'd ever get married coz himself had no interest. But the arrival of our daughter last year changed all that!

Sounds like a great set up baby and crumble. I think I'm going to get a lock of cheap bed sheets from Penneys and create a makeshift tent and take over my dads garage! Iv about 30 pieces in total to spray, so hopefully it won't take to long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

Lots of work B&C, but I'm sure they will be fab!

I still find it surreal that I AM married (nearly 5 months), I still have an inner LOL any time I use the word 'husband' in conversation, I'm such a child :D

Must get moving on the thank you cards now. God the wedding seems like it was aeons ago :o

missmatty wrote: »

I still find it surreal that I AM married (nearly 5 months), I still have an inner LOL any time I use the word 'husband' in conversation, I'm such a child :D

I'm not going to lie, I think when I call herself my wife for the first time I'm going to loose it a little...

I'm pretty certain I'm going to cry the whole way through the ceremony though. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I thought I would cry all day as well, but I didn't actually! I smiled so much my face nearly split though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

I thought I would cry all day as well, but I didn't actually! I smiled so much my face nearly split though :D

I was the exact same!! :D

I'm terrified I'm going to be a blubbering mess during the ceremony!

My dad ended up the one crying during the ceremony, I saw him out of the corner of my eye and I nearly had a wobble :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I cried at the beginning of the ceremony and made my uncles cry too, I'm such a baby!!!!

• Advertisement

My dad ended up the one crying during the ceremony, I saw him out of the corner of my eye and I nearly had a wobble :o

Oh no! So cute though! On mam and dads video you can see my grandad shedding a tear as he handed mam over to dad. Mam was the ultimate daddy's girl and the last of his three daughters to get married. As he wasn't usually a crier its a very special moment that was caught.

None of my family cried actually now that I think about it although on of my cousins and my best friend were very emotional!:)

It's funny, I didn't notice but, after the wedding dad said he got a bit choked up when he said about 'giving me away' in his speech. I'm the youngest and the first to get married so I think everyone just enjoyed the day too much to get too emotional :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭DubGal123

Hey guys, long time lurker here, I always read Boards but never post!! But all this imminent wedding chat is getting me excited so thought I'd join in and say hello!

We're getting married in December and it's really started to feel real in the last month or so! :)

All the DIY stuff ye are doing sounds great, I contemplated the wine bottles myself but don't think I'm organised enough!! Hopefully will do some bits and pieces though!

Yep my dad's not usually a crier either but we lost my mum in 2010 and it was the first wedding of us kids so I'd say it all got on top of him. He had a blast the rest of the day though!

Welcome Dubgal!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I’m glad I’m not the only one giggling inside when I call him the husband :D it’s still funny to me. Haven’t done my thank you cards either yet and I have them months now ooopps. I can’t believe though my wedding was almost 7 months ago!! I feel like I could easily do it all over again. I had tears with my mam when I arrived at the venue. Ok. Not tears. I bawled 😂😂😂

Welcome to the madness Dubgal ;-) yey another December bride I won't be here on my own at the end of the year haha!
    I'm SO worried I'm gona ball!! I said it to someone before and she was like aahhhh ya can't! think of the photos of you walking up the aisle! Like I can help it! I'm a crier! I cried all weekend of my sisters wedding, though saying that I flew home only a few days before and was drunk half the time so totes emosh! My bestie is doing my makeup and I've already apologised to her for the touch ups shes gona have to do on the day! We'll be 14 years together when we get married so its not like it wasn't expected but OMG IM GETTIN MARRIED! I can't wait to call him hubby!! I found it very weird to call him fiance!

Haha thanks! :) Glad to accompany you till December, time is absolutely flying so I'm sure it will be here before we know!!

OMG ugly tears are a definite fear, when they hit me they hit bad!! I'm really not sure how I'll be. I'm kind of weird, I'll either be strangely numb or an emotional wreck. Time will tell!!

I still can't call himself my fiancé...... It's just weird!

All I could hear in my head is like "feeeeeeyooooooonnnssaaaaayyyyy" hahahaha took me nearly a year to get used to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

mcgiggles wrote: »
    All I could hear in my head is like "feeeeeeyooooooonnnssaaaaayyyyy" hahahaha took me nearly a year to get used to it!

All I heard was Beyoncé, which gave me mixed emotions.

I'm still finding it difficult to be called a wife, it's making me squimish :D

• Advertisement

I'm the same mcgiggles!

Although I am looking forward to referring to him as my husband! Its silly I know, but after a certain point in our relationship I struggled with what to actually refer to him as. Boyfriend sounded very temporary or something after a certain point where we knew we were in it for the long haul, but no intention of getting married. While I still felt weird referring to him as my partner right through my 20s. It only started sounding right in my head in the last couple of years. At least 'husband' sorts all that out in my head - hopefully!

Another one here who could never get used to fiancé- there's something so strange about it?! Looking forward moving on to husband, hubby and all other variations! :)

woo I got my shoes!!!

woo I got my shoes!!!

I can only imagine how snazzy they are :)

jellybear wrote: »
    I can only imagine how snazzy they are :)

I like to think they're fairly snazzy. :P

Damn I can't seem to embed a photo from Instagram. :mad:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaMSRitA3MI/?taken-by=dapperzo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I like to think they're fairly snazzy. :P

Damn I can't seem to embed a photo from Instagram. :mad:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaMSRitA3MI/?taken-by=dapperzo

Very Nice! I wore patent shoes similar to that with my tux for my wedding a few weeks ago!! Couldn't believe how many compliments I got, it was like people had never seen a pair of patent shoes before!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

13 hours to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

13 hours to go!

Still time..........:D

Only seen the time of the post now, I assume it's too late now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

Still time..........:D

Only seen the time of the post now, I assume it's too late now! :D

Ha...it was at that stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

DubGal123 wrote:
    OMG ugly tears are a definite fear, when they hit me they hit bad!! I'm really not sure how I'll be. I'm kind of weird, I'll either be strangely numb or an emotional wreck. Time will tell!!

I didn't think id cry at all but I cried walking up the aisle. Looking at my wedding photos today and I've such a ugly cry face lol

Advertisement