Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Thanks. Im excited now ☺

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭scarepanda

I hope your having a fantastic wedding irishgirl!

Who's left in here now?

7 weeks tomorrow for us. Tbh I can't wait for the day to be here. We're both in a weird place at the moment with getting things sorted out. I just want it all sorted and Iv put pressure on myself to get some stuff done yesterday to make sure that all the DIY stuff is done and dusted by the end of October. I also can't get through to the crowd playing at the ceremony and drinks reception at the moment which is stressing me out a little bit.

But we've over 50% confirmed attendance and a good number we know intend going that just haven't confirmed yet.

The girls managed to keep the details of the hen a secret from me till I had to turn at the top of the road. In fairness they kept it pretty much to what I had mentioned when they started organising it. It was a fairly tame hen by any standards, but good craic. It was just lovely to get some of the girls together for a good old chat, especially the ones that travelled who I wouldn't see all that often!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

scarepanda wrote:
    Who's left in here now?

I'll be here till the very end............... Weddings 30th December hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

mcgiggles wrote: »
    I'll be here till the very end............... Weddings 30th December hahahaha

You're here to the bitter end :)

We got our wedding photos and we are so delighted with them. The photographer did a superb job and captured the day so well. So many lovely memories to reminisce on and so many things we didn't see. We missed people having the craic outside playing giant Jenga when we were trying to get the children to bed. So nice to see people smiling and having fun.

I looked so nervous during the ceremony and I thought I was smiling all the time! Thankfully I look more cheery as the day went on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 violetPearse

Does anybody have any idea how much would a photographer cost ? I'm having a small wedding for like 15-18 people. So, I was thinking having a photographer like an hour ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

scarepanda wrote: »
    Who's left in here now?

I'm still knocking around, although this time two weeks, it'll all be done and dusted and it'll be Sayonara Connemara!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Can’t believe it was over 3 months ago!
    Sent our thank you cards this week!

2d7x2yh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Does anybody have any idea how much would a photographer cost ? I'm having a small wedding for like 15-18 people. So, I was thinking having a photographer like an hour ?

TBH photographers have packages rather than charge by the hour. They still have to cover insurance, equipment, travel, editing etc. It makes no difference really if they're there for an hour or ten, or if you've 5 guests or 500.

We had the best day ever. Everything was perfect, the food, the music, the set up.
    It all goes so quick! Off to Florida tomorrow

The day goes by so quickly so enjoy it. Can't believe its all over now.
    Got a few sneak pics from photographer and very pleased with them.
    We had same dj as chewchew(darragh o'dea) no band. I like an aul band myself but couldn't justify the cost. So many people text me after raving about him and the music. I really enjoyed myself.
    We decided the week of the wedding to pay the photographer to stay until the first dance and glad we did now. He got great shots of us cutting the cake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Can't quite believe it but we're done!! Got married Saturday! We both had the most fantastic day, there's nothing we could complain about!! As everybody says, the day flies so enjoy every second of it!! We got married in Limerick / Clare area so anyone looking for suppliers of anything I'm more then happy to give feedback on who we used!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

We decided the week of the wedding to pay the photographer to stay until the first dance and glad we did now. He got great shots of us cutting the cake

One of the best decisions we made was to pay extra to have the photographer stay for some of the music, absolutely essential unless you're only interested in posed pictures of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

How long is a piece of string. A lot depends first of all in the quality of photographer you are looking for. Full day rates can range from about €700 all the way up to €3k. Typical (what I consider) quality photographers will be somewhere in the range €1600 - €2200 for a full day.

Now, you're obviously looking for just an hour so your logic might be that you could divide those rates by 12 (assuming a full day = 12 hours) and get your figure. The problem then becomes is it worth the photographers time to prep, travel, shoot and edit and hours worth of photos. So the "per hour" will likely be higher. Two factors that will help you attract a photographer is if you are get married mid-week (less likely that a photographer will get a full day booking) and if you can find someone very local (less travel).

To try and give you figures, I'd stab a guess at €150-€400. Really depends on all the factors I mentioned above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Santy2015

Question for ye, based on the experience some of ye have had over the year, who attended your tastings before the wedding? From what I know it’s the couple, but my parents reckon they should go. And they are wrecking my head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Santy2015 wrote: »
    Question for ye, based on the experience some of ye have had over the year, who attended your tastings before the wedding? From what I know it’s the couple, but my parents reckon they should go. And they are wrecking my head

For our tasting we had the parents but it was included in our package. Lower packages were just us for a tasting!
    We enjoyed it as a night out and it was good for the parents to get to know each other a bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭jellybear

My parents came to ours and it was great because we got to taste plenty of options and ended up changing our mind about a main course based on that! We did have to pay for them though but it was a full meal with wine so a nice treat for them :)

Just myself and himself for the tasting! If anyone else wants to go we have to pay (not too much but still have to pay!) We're been given a room for the night too on the house so it's gona be a nice relaxing yummy date night for us :-)

We’ll have to make a decision, we’ve kind of told them they won’t be going but I’ll need to clear it with the hotel first, it’s a cost we don’t need if they are able to go

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Why do your parents think they should go? Are they paying or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hill St Blue

Santy2015 wrote: »

Just myself and my oh went to our tasting. There was a night in the hotel thrown in as a part of it, so it was a nice get away from everything (and everyone!)
    It was good to get to quietly poke around the venue a little bit on our own and we actually got to plan a few bits and pieces by having that time on site to ourselves. We brought the folks there for a nice Sunday afternoon meal on a separate occasion. If it is an extra cost on ye, that you don't fancy, just work away yourselves and leave them at home!

• Advertisement

Why would parents go to the tasting? That's like, 6 people the hotel have to feed multiple courses to for free, basically.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Ruailebuile

My parents came along to ours but we had a country house and it was quite an open invite as to who people brought (there were lots of other couple attending the tasting). We were not planning to bring my parents but my mum really wanted to so we did. I was actually quite grateful in the end of some other opinions, I had to drive so couldn't really taste wine etc so was good to have to extra bodies. Lots of other couple has both sets of parents!

Toots wrote: »
    Why do your parents think they should go? Are they paying or something?

Not at all it’s all our own savings no debt involved. it’s 2 sets of parents. I personally don’t think we need them, I work in the food industry anyway so I reckon I’m good enough to know what will work or won’t work. Thanks for the input, I’m 80% sure they won’t be going now

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I was wondering why they were so keen to go, might have made sense if they were footing the bill but if they're not and you're happy to choose the dishes there's no need to bring them. Myself and my hubby did ours on our own, I don't think my parents ever thought of coming. We did get them to choose the wine though, because I don't drink and the hubby only does the odd time, but my parents are really into their wine!

It was just ourselves as well. I think my mother had notions of going/thought they would be part of it. But it would have been an extra cost and we wanted the evening to ourselves so I didn't entertain it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Looks like our wedding will be featured in some of the wedding blogs!

I didn't really expect that, but we put in a lot of effort so it's nice that it paid off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Romantic Rose

GingerLily wrote: »
    Looks like our wedding will be featured in some of the wedding blogs!

I didn't really expect that, but we put in a lot of effort so it's nice that it paid off.

Which blog, would love to see it :)

Got my bridesmaids shoes sorted at the weekend! Short dresses so had a style in mind so when I saw the perfect pairs on sale I jumped at them :-) 4 pairs of gorgeous shoes for 60euro!

It's all gearing up with us! Invites are gone and we're starting to get RSVPs. We have our tasting tonight which I am SUPER excited about. We're plugging away at the DIY stuff. I have a pain in my face from spraying wine bottles but it'll look lovely when it's done!

My main issue is my suit hasn't come in yet, and it's really making me nervous.

• Advertisement

Baby and crumble, I have to start the spraying here. We've cut it down an awful lot, but still the thoughts of it... Iv been putting it on the long finger but I think I might start into it this weekend.

Isn't is weird when people start RSVPing? I found that it made everything very real! We've only 6 definite declines so far and about 20/25 people still to get back to us.

We've had a very productive few days. Last Saturday we got the rest of the lads suited and booted. The girls came down to the lady doing all our dress alterations. There's very little to be done to either dress. I brought one of the bridesmaids bouquets and my half finished one and I think they look great, although I'm never confident about how something I made looks. And then Saturday evening, after searching high and low, i finally got my jewellery sorted, although I saw a different necklace yesterday evening that I like more than the one I have.

All the issues with the hotel have become non issues. I sent them a stern email outlining what was agreed with the original coordinator and they just agreed to everything. I was expecting a bit of push back and debate, but there was none at all.

And on Monday I was chatting to both the musicians playing during the day and the band, and no issues with them. The musicians during the day have to see if they can play the song we want to walk back down the aisle to, if they can't they are to make suggestions of other similar style songs that they can play, and wrost case they will play a copy of it over their system for us.

Everything has ramped up big time in the last couple of weeks!

Advertisement