Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Brides/Grooms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭scarepanda

mcgiggles wrote:
    Omg my mum is obsessed with having biscuit cake! Every time I mention the cake she's like so this flavour and biscuit cake! I'm like nope I want cake cake! Red velvet chocolate and carrot! No biscuit!!

We're the same, we want cake cake. We personally dislike biscuit cake and I don't understand why it's so popular at weddings. She is asking for it though coz my Dad won't eat any other type of cake, so it's not a case of other guests, just another way she wants us to pander to their demands.

My oh wants to make the cake, even though he's only made two in his whole life. My mam has a massive issue with this. She doesn't understand that it's something he wants to do and that the cake is not something that is very important to us and we can't justify the cost.

Parents!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭xXlollsXx

What are ladies doing about photos if it's raining. I've a long train and I couldn't imagine putting it down on wet ground. It's satin also so it's not a heavy lace. It'd soak up the wet in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Psychologeeee

Hey, posting on behalf of a friend who has their notification appointment tomorrow. What goes on at this appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Hey, posting on behalf of a friend who has their notification appointment tomorrow. What goes on at this appointment?

Make sure you have they paperwork and they'll be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

RE the biscuit cake literally not one of your guests will give a second thought to it so just get what you want.

• Advertisement

xXlollsXx wrote:
    What are ladies doing about photos if it's raining. I've a long train and I couldn't imagine putting it down on wet ground. It's satin also so it's not a heavy lace. It'd soak up the wet in no time

We're just going to stick to indoors in the hotel if it's miserable, which, considering its in November it probably will be. It was one of our considerations for our shortlist of hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

xXlollsXx wrote:

December wedding and have a train myself! If its raining the photos will be done inside the hotel! Stopping at a pub en route so there aswell probably!

12 days to go, starting to look at the forecast now, good chance of cloudy weather and some rain, but I think that was always going to be the case!

I know clouds make for much better lighting then sun and sometimes a bit of rain can make the grass etc. look much fresher so I'm not too worried about the rain for the photos, unless it's heavy!

We've a lot of woodland area anyway which should be nicely sheltered for photos, my dress will get ruined, it's layered lace, nothing I can do about that now though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

xXlollsXx wrote: »

Talk to your photographer. You'll get some feedback from them based on where you are getting married. A great venue makes things easy but a bit of creative thinking and you'll be fine. A good photographer and a dusty old shed for shelter is all you need. If you have more than a dusty old shed you're laughing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭aj89

Our ceremony is kicking off in 12 hours ðŸ˜

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,800 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

aj89 wrote: »
    Our ceremony is kicking off in 12 hours

Have a great day! Enjoy and cherish every moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I think the biscuit cake thing is because it's a really strong base for a high cake with heavy icing. A normal cake could easily squish on the bottom layer. Just from a practical point of view.

I think the biscuit cake thing is because it's a really strong base for a high cake with heavy icing. A normal cake could easily squish on the bottom layer. Just from a practical point of view.

Well biscuit cake or fruit cake!

It's probably easier/cheaper to make as well.

Iv asked her if she will make her Christmas/fruit cake. Mainly to get her more involved, but she doesn't seem interested. She just thinks we should have biscuit cake because she wants it.
    But look, I'm not going to be able to please her at this stage. If we give in and have biscuit cake she'll still complain because they don't like marzipan/Or the flavour of the chocolate will be to dark/the cake too hard........ There will always be something wrong with what we decide. So Iv given up trying.

Our catereer was meant to do a hogroast for the second day. we've just found out the equipment is broken, they thought we'd be okay with a normal BBQ but that's not what we want.

I'm so annoyed that they only casual mentioned it when we were finally able to get through to them about other stuff, they've been really terrible to deal with.

Trying frantically to book something new now, 9 days to go, I'm so stressed.

Edit: we've found a new caterer for the Sunday (waiting on a quote), otherwise we'll relocate to a local pub, it'll be grand

We've breached the 3 month countdown! :eek:

Tablecloths arrived from Wish over the weekend, delighted with them. We've gotten menus from the hotel to pick our dishes for at the tasting, we've our celebrant meeting next week... Oh, and my fiancee made my ring last weekend when I was on my Sten and it's so gorgeous- I may have cried when I saw it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

I am not vegetarian but want good vegetarian option on the menu. Can people tell me what options you have for your meal for vegetarians?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭jellybear

I am not vegetarian but want good vegetarian option on the menu. Can people tell me what options you have for your meal for vegetarians?

We had a vegan curry which went down really well! My brother had it and he's not even a vegetarian!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

We had a Roasted Stuffed Red Pepper which was suitable for the vegans too and everyone seemed to love it. When choosing our veggie/vegan dish we had the option of a Vegetable Gateau (only veggie) as well which quite intrigued me, but it was a new invention by the chef so there wasn't much feedback on it. Plus when I enquired about the ingredients they didn't give me enough information. I had a couple of people who didn't like mushrooms and other veg so it was safer to go with the pepper in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

A month has passed already since our wedding, it simultaneously feels like it's been longer and also that it's been shorter than that, very weird!

All I get asked now is "Do you feel any different?"

Answer is nope, not a bit, on the day and throughout the honeymoon it feels different but then reality hits, you're back to normal and everything is the same again. :D

• Advertisement

Answer is nope, not a bit, on the day and throughout the honeymoon it feels different but then reality hits, you're back to normal and everything is the same again. :D

I have a feeling this first time one of us has to cook dinner after coming back from honeymoon will be quite the land. :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭xXlollsXx

2 week point... feel like I have mountains to climb yet! Weight has been stagnant last month. Starting to sucum to the idea that my body refused to be small. I'm jus7 supposed to be chubby!! Can't believe how many appointments I have between now and 2 weeks... wish I had more than 3 days off work before wedding day...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

LOLLs Im the same I bought the pull in knickers!!!! :( weighed less 3 months ago :D

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Same here! I had all these plans that I'd lose a stone by the wedding but life just got in the way :D
    One week to go and I honestly couldn't care less. We will all look amazing on the day!

Aw ladies, I'm the same - had great plans when we got engaged, the wedding was my target..... Not going to happen now.

On a brighter note, in realised during the week that the wedding is 11 weeks away!! Iv so much to do, I ended up doing up a weekly plan of what I need to do and by when. So far with the big jobs September is crochet month and October is painting month (for table centres). I got some really lovely wine bottles yesterday for the table centres!

Two days to go! The family drama is all kicking off now which is upsetting my OH quite a bit.
    I have a pretty bad cough too, annoying but the fever part is gone so that's good :)

Braces are off!
    Waxing done!
    Lash extensions done!

Tan and nails today

Tomorrow will be decorating the venue, we will be so busy 9am to 9 pm job!

Weather is not looking great but we'll only know probably on the day if we can get married out doors - classic Ireland!

Wish me luck.......

Best of luck gingerlily! I sincerely hope the family members causing ****e cop on to themselves. It's not fair on ye.

But have a wonderful day!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭love_love

Have the best time GingerLily!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭thee glitz

Do places really charge more for a cake if it's for a wedding or do I just ask for a wedding looking cake and say it's definitely not for a wedding?

• Advertisement

We had our food tasting last night. The food was delicious and the menu is now picked!

But when it came to discussing the details of the day with the new manager anything off script for the hotel/typical Irish wedding became either a problem or it feels like they are making a half hearted attempt at it. Most of it is not important, but are the details that make the wedding ours and allows us to put our stamp on it. One detail is quite important that I will get back onto them about though.

Overall I came away from the evening feeling a little underwhelmed and a bit worried.

Advertisement