Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

What s the battery like on this the Ultra 6?

Battery amazing. Was playing with it *phone* last night from approximately 7pm until 2am with 'wify' mostly turned on :p Did another couple of hours this morning and still managed about 30% afterwards!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

WIZWEB wrote: »
    Battery amazing. Was playing with it *phone* last night from approximately 7pm until 2am with 'wify' mostly turned on :p Did another couple of hours this morning and still managed about 30% afterwards!

Great to hear. That was a must have for my next phone as the S4 has always been absolutely terrible, even when you run with a very minimal install.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

WIZWEB wrote: »

Ahhh, you speak french too :pac:

Thanks. Undecided between the Ultra and Prime now... :(
    Great to hear. That was a must have for my next phone as the S4 has always been absolutely terrible, even when you run with a very minimal install.

Trade in the S4 for around €133 and get it for €36?.... WINNING

https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=SSAMI950016GCUNLC#.VZ8F04saDG4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Out of stock online and my local store. Hope they get it back in stock soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I've been using my phone since Wednesday morning after one full charge.

I work night shifts so the data is turned on at night and Wi-Fi during the day at home. Lots of apps installed and running smooth. Just need to download a music player to play mp3s but apart from that it's brilliant!

Like a few others, Im waiting on cover and screen protector in post as it's fairly slippy.

Oh, batteries on 39% after all that, still from it's first charge :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Anyone know how it works with chromecast?

Is the option there to cast the screen, so you can mirror any app to your TV and not just the supported chromecast apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

There is a screen cast on it alright, I'll check whether it works with chromecast and get to you

There is a screen cast on it alright, I'll check whether it works with chromecast and get to you

Yep, works fine with Chromecast, installed Chromecast on phone and cast Netflix to TV.
    Not sure about the cast screen function on the phone though, didn't seem to find the Chromecast dongle.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

WIZWEB wrote:
    Battery amazing. Was playing with it *phone* last night from approximately 7pm until 2am with 'wify' mostly turned on Did another couple of hours this morning and still managed about 30% afterwards!

Good for her, did she mind you playing with the phone so much though?

Is everyone else's notification light working ok? I've it turned on in the settings and it doesn't light up when I've a message/Facebook/Snapchat etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

rizzee wrote: »
    Like a few others, Im waiting on cover and screen protector in post as it's fairly slippy.
    And you're getting a correctly fitting case and screen protector from..........?

Ref MP3 player, PowerAmp is a powerful app, try the full version FOC here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Screen protector eBay, 2 silicon covers from. Aliexpress. Both for ZTE blade s6 plus so I'm hoping they somewhat fit!

Thanks, ill check that out now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

The only very minor drawback is that it doesn't have 802.11ac support.

Is everyone else's notification light working ok? I've it turned on in the settings and it doesn't light up when I've a message/Facebook/Snapchat etc.
    Sent myself a test email - indicator light flashing blue
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a test text - indicator flashing blue

Dard23 wrote: »
    Good for her, did she mind you playing with the phone so much though?

It's all about pressing the right buttons :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,726 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Yep, works fine with Chromecast, installed Chromecast on phone and cast Netflix to TV.
    Not sure about the cast screen function on the phone though, didn't seem to find the Chromecast dongle.

It probably doesn't support that function... :( I'm still using an old cracked screen smart 3 to cast netflix to a tv in the bedroom.

It be a great feature to have, if the ultra 6 was able to mirror to chromecast.

Thanks for trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any stock available?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I put an iPhone 6 plus screen protector on mine. Got 2 in the pack for €1.49 in dealz nutgrove. They are a good fit and readily available. With the exception of the circular cut out for the iPhone home button but it encircles the glowing blue home button on the ultra 6 perfectly so its nice and doesn't look out of place. Now I need a bleedin case and Vodafone didn't get them in yet as I checked this morning on way to work :(. Balls! Anyone try a cheap iPhone 6 plus case as a tempory measure? Didn't see any in Dealz unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Been looking for one of these too but my local store is out. Said they'll prob have them back when they are back online. But such is the demand I don't know if vodafone will keep the price the same

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Been looking for one of these too but my local store is out. Said they'll prob have them back when they are back online. But such is the demand I don't know if vodafone will keep the price the same

They surely will, it's in demand purely because of the price. They see it as a way of getting customers...little do they know the number of devices now unlocked!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 762 ✭✭✭PeteFalk78

Sold out in Carlow :(

Donaghmede shopping centre still had them a couple of days ago. I rang them originally but they didn't get back until the next day. I'd already went in and got one at that stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭seanin4711

what is the non Vodafone name for this phone?
    thanks
    john

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭unreg999

pissed wrote:
    Picked one up in Navan today, just set it up now and looks impressive. Got unlock code from OP link, delivered quickly. Got a message from 48 saying they did not recognise the handset and to input the settings manually. Took a chance and had the settings for ZTE Blade S6 sent and they work fine for the data. Getting rid of the Vodafone crap as we speak.

Any chance you could send me the ZTE Blade S6 settings plse or point me in the right direction?
    TIA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

seanin4711 wrote:
    what is the non Vodafone name for this phone?
    thanks
    john

ZTE blade 6 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

ZTE blade 6 plus

It's worth noting that the ZTE has a 5" 720 x 1280 pixels (~294 ppi pixel density) screen

& the Vodafone Ultra 6 has a 5.5" 1080 x 1920 pixels (~401 ppi pixel density) screen.

Well my screen protectors just arrived and they fit absolutely perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Well my screen protectors just arrived and they fit absolutely perfect.

link please? What case did you go for, very hard to know what quality is like on ebay.

Sent myself a test email - indicator light flashing blue
    ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a test text - indicator flashing blue

Still nothing for me! What's about SMS?

Regarding the protectors here you go :

http://m.ebay.ie/itm/6x-Savvies-SU75-screen-protector-ultraclear-for-ZTE-Blade-S6-Plus-/351426934320?nav=SEARCH

Only took 2 days to arrive from Germany too. I I've bought off these lads 3 or 4 times in the past, always great quality.

• Advertisement

Regarding iPhone 6plus cover; what about the thickness?? If it might fit could risk and buy a cheap rubber one and then cut holes in the side for volume etc, just as a temporary measure til the actual ones that for come from China in a few weeks.

Advertisement