Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,762 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What is a c wifi? Educate me please.

Basically the phone doesn't have the capabilities to pick up the fastest wifi band.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I was about to post an RIP message about my long serving (just under 2 years old) Ultra on Tuesday. It got knocked into a bucket of ice water over the weekend and was totally submerged for a few mins. 2 days later it has come back to life !!! Unfortunately after Id ordered a new phone but still delighted to have it as back up!

Trond wrote: »
    I was about to post an RIP message about my long serving (just under 2 years old) Ultra on Tuesday. It got knocked into a bucket of ice water over the weekend and was totally submerged for a few mins. 2 days later it has come back to life !!! Unfortunately after Id ordered a new phone but still delighted to have it as back up!

What phone did you get?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

I wish I never updated from lollipop 5.1 to 6.0 marshmallow.
    My battery has gone to sh1te...

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

kyeev wrote: »
    I wish I never updated from lollipop 5.1 to 6.0 marshmallow.
    My battery has gone to sh1te...

Me too and VF have been absolutely F**K ALL help.
    Terrible customer service given it is a VF phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

Mine is about a year and a half now, had to do a hard reset last week, have to charge the battery twice and day but I am dreading when this phone finally gives up the ghost! No idea what to replace it with but I have a feeling I'll be hard pushed to ever find anything as good as this phone for the money I paid for it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Mine is about a year and a half now, had to do a hard reset last week, have to charge the battery twice and day but I am dreading when this phone finally gives up the ghost! No idea what to replace it with but I have a feeling I'll be hard pushed to ever find anything as good as this phone for the money I paid for it

I'm the same. It's a great phone for the money. What's the Smart Ultra 7 like I wonder.

I'm the same. It's a great phone for the money. What's the Smart Ultra 7 like I wonder.

I'd be more interested in the smart ultra 8,anyone know if it's been released?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The 7 was a let down as it didn't improve much on the 6 as far as I remember.

I think I've gotten really luck with my SU6 as it has lasted my 1 year and 9 months without issue. I've had it freeze up on a couple of occasions and things like that but otherwise it's still very good. Battery life is still excellent too.

However the amount of RAM it has is now becoming a bit of a bottleneck. Not that I use intensive apps, but switching between a couple of apps causes the phone to re-launch the app rather than keeping it in memory. 2GB is low these days after all.

I'm at the point of researching alternatives, I might wait for Vodafone to come out with the SU8 and see how that looks. The Smart Ultra Platinum also looks nice, but a tiny bit dated now maybe:

http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-platinum-7-pay-as-you-go-black

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Morby

Has anyone noticed their phone restarting / rebooting a lot since upgrading to Marshmallow?

Phone became unusable last week, one day rebooting about 20 times during use over the course of the day, so I did a factory reset, still having occasional reboots now and then though. Just wondering if it's related to the end upgrade?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Morby wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed their phone restarting / rebooting a lot since upgrading to Marshmallow?

Phone became unusable last week, one day rebooting about 20 times during use over the course of the day, so I did a factory reset, still having occasional reboots now and then though. Just wondering if it's related to the end upgrade?

No mines been fine. just had an issue with the Hotspot. would only wait on for half an hour before turning it off. fited it tho by doing a data reset. been 100% ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Anyone have any ideas when the 8 will be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I did a factory restore m=on mine 2 weeks ago, and since then each time I turn it off for the night and back on the following morning, Bluetooth would turn off.
    Am I missing a setting or something?
    Can't figure it.

vectra wrote: »
    I did a factory restore m=on mine 2 weeks ago, and since then each time I turn it off for the night and back on the following morning, Bluetooth would turn off.
    Am I missing a setting or something?
    Can't figure it.

Why do you turn it off?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Why do you turn it off?

Force of habit every night going to bed.
    Plug it in for the night to charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

I've really noticed the battery drain on mine over the last few weeks. If im out and about a quick charge while I'm driving and I'll still get the day out of it. If not its down to about 10/12% by 5/6pm.
    Still better than some other phones tho so no rush to change unless it gets a lot worse.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

.red. wrote: »
    I've really noticed the battery drain on mine over the last few weeks. If im out and about a quick charge while I'm driving and I'll still get the day out of it. If not its down to about 10/12% by 5/6pm.
    Still better than some other phones tho so no rush to change unless it gets a lot worse.

Can you see any apps draining your battery in settings->battery? What kind of screen on time are you getting?

Tbh, this is pretty common in devices at around 2 years, some are just lucky (or unlucky!)

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭sealgaire

.red. wrote: »

Same as me, phone only about 18 months old.
    Batt used to be brill, then it just fell away a few weeks ago. Gets hot and drains in about 5 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

WAS great, 18 months on, build quality is ****e.

has been back to Vodafone for screen fixing last year, its happened again. small lines, like wear and tear around the screen, just on its inside (screen has had protectors since day 1).

headphone socket has been broke about a year, cant use the headphones at all, they pop out, don't lock in.

upgraded to android 6 - nothing but problems since, apps don't work, even after removing and reinstalling newer versions, apps constantly crash, phone turns off sometimes...

all in all, was good for a few months for the price, build quality was awful compared to Samsung etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

copeyhagen wrote: »
    WAS great, 18 months on, build quality is ****e.

has been back to Vodafone for screen fixing last year, its happened again. small lines, like wear and tear around the screen, just on its inside (screen has had protectors since day 1).

headphone socket has been broke about a year, cant use the headphones at all, they pop out, don't lock in.

upgraded to android 6 - nothing but problems since, apps don't work, even after removing and reinstalling newer versions, apps constantly crash, phone turns off sometimes...

all in all, was good for a few months for the price, build quality was awful compared to Samsung etc.

I can honestly say that mine has been a tank and trust me it has take a few knocks. I had it around 18 months as well and not one issue. Worth every penny. Waiting on the the smart 8 to come out and ill invest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭anitaca

copeyhagen wrote: »
    headphone socket has been broke about a year, cant use the headphones at all, they pop out, don't lock in..
    same with mine. turned out to be fluff. a paperclip got it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Maybe not a specific SU6 problem but I've noticed on mine and a friends that there is a problem with captchas. I try to enter one and simply pops up another and won't go any further.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Can anyone help????

My phone keeps coming up with "unfortunately, standard home screen has stopped" and won't do anything.

dedaw wrote: »
    Can anyone help????

My phone keeps coming up with "unfortunately, standard home screen has stopped" and won't do anything.

I get that at times
    A reboot normally sorts it.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

vectra wrote: »
    I get that at times
    A reboot normally sorts it.

Yeah, did that and have it back. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Complete ****e!!! 6 is unreal compared 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

My phone's charging port seems to be broken, it will very regularly stop-start charging. Sometimes it charges ok sometimes it just doesnt charge. Have tried different cables.

Any suggestions / worth trying to get it fixed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

has anyone managed to turn off the super annoying "screen overlay detected" message.(happens mainly with messenger) I have googled already but any of the fixes have not worked for this phone. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭eire_insane

valor wrote: »
    My phone's charging port seems to be broken, it will very regularly stop-start charging. Sometimes it charges ok sometimes it just doesnt charge. Have tried different cables.

Any suggestions / worth trying to get it fixed?

Same thing happed to my phone this week. had to factory reset it. back working perfectly again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭mjp

Damaged corner of screen and p and zero button won't work anymore unless rotate screen. Seen smart ultra 7 in Vodafone shop there and looks impressive with screen resolution especially. Can anyone here vouch for its performance or would they recommend it as a purchase. Had su6 for past 2 yra and couldn't fault it. Never let me down

Advertisement