Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

mjp wrote: »
    Damaged corner of screen and p and zero button won't work anymore unless rotate screen. Seen smart ultra 7 in Vodafone shop there and looks impressive with screen resolution especially. Can anyone here vouch for its performance or would they recommend it as a purchase. Had su6 for past 2 yra and couldn't fault it. Never let me down

The SU7 did not receive favourable reviews, certainly not as good as the su6 that came before it. It could be worth waiting for the su8 to appear (although I have no idea if it will). They were released sometime in the summer in both cases. Su6 2 years ago, su7 this time last year and hopefully su8 soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Has anyone managed to root while on 6.0.1?

tried kingroot etc and none of them working a few weeks back.

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,574 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

zweton wrote: »
    has anyone managed to turn off the super annoying "screen overlay detected" message.(happens mainly with messenger) I have googled already but any of the fixes have not worked for this phone. Any ideas?

I felt all smug when I saw your query as I didn't have the problem, but you must have jinxed me, as it appeared twice last night. I think I was able to go into the settings and enable (or was it disable) the overlay to make it go away, but I'm not really sure I know what I was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I felt all smug when I saw your query as I didn't have the problem, but you must have jinxed me, as it appeared twice last night. I think I was able to go into the settings and enable (or was it disable) the overlay to make it go away, but I'm not really sure I know what I was doing.

Get rid of Twilight app if you're using it?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

One strange thing with this phone is that for the 2 years I've had it I've had a desk charger plugged into my laptop. (Normal USB)
    This charger was slow, roughly 10% per hour, so I would plug it in at lunchtime when down to around 50% battery and it would be 100% when leaving.

For the last month it's increased to 30% per hour and I can go from 50 to 100% is just over 90 minutes.

Can't explain it but it's very nice indeed.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 jakmcc96

I see a few of ye asking about the release of the smart ultra 8 , looks like it will be released in the next week or two judging by the fact it's already on the Portuguese Vodafone website looks like a very good phone, good spec and very nice design worth a look when it arrives here. https://loja.vodafone.pt/telemoveis/vodafone/smart-v8-cinza?src=CV&intcmpcode=hp1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,574 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Get rid of Twilight app if you're using it?

Nope, never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Is anyone else struggling with Bluetooth speaker connectivity? On Lollipop it worked flawlessly. On Marshmallow, it takes 2 or 3 minutes of faffing about to get it to connect.
    Any fix people are aware of?
    I've tried the factory reset some forums have suggested but no joy...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,761 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

kyeev wrote: »
    Is anyone else struggling with Bluetooth speaker connectivity? On Lollipop it worked flawlessly. On Marshmallow, it takes 2 or 3 minutes of faffing about to get it to connect.

Same.

Been a disaster since the update. No fix so far.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

kyeev wrote: »

I can't tether my laptop to SU6 at all. It comes up Connected, then Unconnected endlessly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

After the android update I was having issues with music players, some just wouldn't work while others were fine on the phone but didn't work with Bluetooth.
    Eventually settled for Pulsar, its been working away fine but one small issue. Every song on my phone is duplicated. Don't know if its the phone or the player.
    I sat down one day and went thru it and deleted every song once, went back in and they were all their again.
    Any ideas, anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

hi folks, did anyone have issues with the speakers giving feedback (squaking noise). I have had it 4 years nearly now id say. Can it be fixed i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

hi folks, did anyone have issues with the speakers giving feedback (squaking noise). I have had it 4 years nearly now id say. Can it be fixed i wonder?

My phone started that last week. I had to restart my phone to cure another problem, and the squeaking has gone since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

yeah i tried that bit its still there, more of a crackling noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Anyone manage to get vodafone to fix their phone. My screen stopped working and I dropped it into a store for repair. It was just under the 2 yrs warranty. The screen looked perfect but the Vodafone person said that because there was some marks at the corners they would probably have to charge me. This was simply wear and tear due to not having a cover. Today, they texted me that it will cost €100 to fix. Any ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kinanoman

sweetie wrote: »
    Anyone manage to get vodafone to fix their phone. My screen stopped working and I dropped it into a store for repair. It was just under the 2 yrs warranty. The screen looked perfect but the Vodafone person said that because there was some marks at the corners they would probably have to charge me. This was simply wear and tear due to not having a cover. Today, they texted me that it will cost €100 to fix. Any ideas.

I got my SU6 screen fixed for free in the last year. Again I was told that I would probably have to pay as my phone casing had cracked by the sim tray. Came back a week later and it had been sent off and fixed for free! I stressed to them that I thought it was a faulty digitizer as my screen had no deep scratches or cracks. That was vodafone in the crescent shopping center in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

kinanoman wrote: »
    I got my SU6 screen fixed for free in the last year. Again I was told that I would probably have to pay as my phone casing had cracked by the sim tray. Came back a week later and it had been sent off and fixed for free! I stressed to them that I thought it was a faulty digitizer as my screen had no deep scratches or cracks. That was vodafone in the crescent shopping center in Limerick.

My old Ultra 6 case cracked at the back on the cornor, it was a common problem with them.

My old Ultra 6 case cracked at the back on the cornor, it was a common problem with them.

I know, they're taking the piss! I'm seriously considering the Small claims court, not going to let this slide.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭.red.

I can't get my one to connect to a PC for file transfer. Tried a few different cables and 2 PC's. All it does is charge but won't connect.
    Any ideas?

Got a brand new Smart ultra 6 for my faulty one.Can they still be unlocked easily? Is it worth keeping or should I sell and try for a Lenovo P2 or something. Have a Motorola G5 thats not impressing me at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭deadlast

Got a brand new Smart ultra 6 for my faulty one.Can they still be unlocked easily? Is it worth keeping or should I sell and try for a Lenovo P2 or something. Have a Motorola G5 thats not impressing me at the moment.

Read first post. Very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Zebbedee

Got a brand new Smart ultra 6 for my faulty one.

What was the fault?

Zebbedee wrote: »
    What was the fault?

screen wouldn't work, digitiser probably. Took a few weeks of persistence but have a brand new one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Whatever you do don't update it to marshmallow. I've had no end of trouble since and the battery's gone to sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Staplor

yeah i tried that bit its still there, more of a crackling noise.

I had this mad startling scream/squak noise on Bluetooth playback, nearly crashed the car with it. Did a factory reset and it's fine ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Screen on my ultra 7 cracked but touch is still working. I got quoted 80 euro in a phone repair shop but thinking about ordering this one

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Replacement-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-For-VODAFONE-SMART-ULTRA-7-VDF700-5-5/292023729755?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Went to a different repair shop and was told that when screen arrives they will fit it for 20 euro. Thing is not too sure whether the above will be any good? His feedback seems good though.

Since updating software I can barely hear people over when speaking to them on calls? Anyone else with same problem?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

Not happy with the sound on smart ultra 7 since update , goes up and down , mine dropped in the toilet and home button stooped lol

id look at a new phone tbh

i havnt found the right one yet so am waitiing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Anyone replace their battery? I'm picking one up today from Parcelmotel. Looking forward to a full days charge again. And delighted to have found out that it COULD be replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Looking to replace the battery in mine. Where did you buy the battery from? Let us know how the replacement goes

My battery is gone to pot, phone working perfect other than that, don't want to get rid of it but I'm going to have to do something soon if the battery keeps up this crack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

kerryked wrote:
    My battery is gone to pot, phone working perfect other than that, don't want to get rid of it but I'm going to have to do something soon if the battery keeps up this crack

Same as that, charging twice a day now

Advertisement