Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

An Ri rua wrote: »
    Anyone else experienced a 4G drop? My phone did so for the past 2 days.

I see the same issues here since January 2016 but not getting a straight answer on VF chat. Just 'don't worry' !! :rolleyes:

Has happened my phone at least 3 times since January. No apparent reason as other people on VF in the same area still had 4g. Got onto the support each time through the Vodafone app & they sorted it but never an explanation as to why it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Hi, help please. Since latest update I don't have option to move apps to sd card which is very annoying.
    Now I'm trying to move other stuff, images, videos etc to sd card but simply don't know how. I need step by step assistance if anyone can oblige please?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Anyone experienced any wifi trouble? Live in a rural area, with a 10mb connection.
    Getting up to that on tablets and her in door's phone.
    My ultra is getting to 2 to 3.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

need to upgrade guys....any ideas . vodafone ultra 7 looks crappy compared to the 6. whats the other really good vodafone one

Sasso wrote: »
    Hi, help please. Since latest update I don't have option to move apps to sd card which is very annoying.
    Now I'm trying to move other stuff, images, videos etc to sd card but simply don't know how. I need step by step assistance if anyone can oblige please?

Get ES File Explorer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭.red.

dedaw wrote: »
    Anyone experienced any wifi trouble? Live in a rural area, with a 10mb connection.
    Getting up to that on tablets and her in door's phone.
    My ultra is getting to 2 to 3.
    Any ideas?

Mine is the same, get anywhere between 30-40mbs on all devices except the su6 which gets between about 10-12mbs, that's more than fast enough for anything I need but its still strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Sasso wrote: »

I brought this up with Vodafone in February. Seems it missed their testing. They've flagged it with zte, and are waiting for word back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Get ES File Explorer.

Tried this, how do you move apps to the card with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Galway K9 wrote: »
    need to upgrade guys....any ideas . vodafone ultra 7 looks crappy compared to the 6. whats the other really good vodafone one

Platinum 7, I have one and I'm pretty happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

Any help/tips on using an SD card effectively? Almost all of my apps are not able to moved to SD card which makes it fairly useless, is there anyway I can effectively use it..eg I have a podcast app that uses a ton of space, but it wont let me install it to the SD card, anything I can do?
    I cant seem to format it as internal storage, is that part of the problem?

Android 6.0.1 if thats relevant

• Advertisement

I agree. I prefer old version. It's very frustrating, counteracts all the properties of the phone. The SD card is now futile. New update is crap and VF don't seem to want to know about our problems. V v Poor service by them. Same discontent on VF forum. I wish I could reset to old setting .
    Can this be done ?..

Just thought id give update on the Vodafone Ultra Smart 7.

I had ultra smart 6 for 2 years, and started giving problems with audio in last 6 months., Going try send of for repair, in mean time i got the Ultra Smart 7.

iT is lovely to look at, decent spec however the build and parts are nowhere near the 6. The audio sounds tinney, they have these vodafone apps for calls and messaging, but you need to be on vodafone regardless of unlocking it, if you download any others, they dont have half of the functionality.

For the money, its ok, but by god nowehere near the Ultra Smart 6!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Phone has just packed it in! :mad::mad::mad: I had been using it, left it out of my hand, noticed blue light was pulsing so went to check it and it's dead! :(:( Touching it should have lit it back up again but it's dead as a dodo! The blue light is still pulsing though! I can't turn it on with the button and have tried long-holding it but nothing. I don't know what's wrong!

It wasn't anywhere near out of Battery but I plugged in the Charger anyway and that didn't light it back up again or turn it back on.... Very strange. Can't do anything with it. But the blue light is pulsing away no bother!

I must try another wall socket in case that would be it but even if the Battery was flat it wouldn't make sense for the blue light to remain flashing?! Helppppp!! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Phone has just packed it in! :mad::mad::mad: I had been using it, left it out of my hand, noticed blue light was pulsing so went to check it and it's dead! :(:( Touching it should have lit it back up again but it's dead as a dodo! The blue light is still pulsing though! I can't turn it on with the button and have tried long-holding it but nothing. I don't know what's wrong!

It wasn't anywhere near out of Battery but I plugged in the Charger anyway and that didn't light it back up again or turn it back on.... Very strange. Can't do anything with it. But the blue light is pulsing away no bother!

I must try another wall socket in case that would be it but even if the Battery was flat it wouldn't make sense for the blue light to remain flashing?! Helppppp!! :/

If you call it does it ring? Could be the screen after packing in.

You said you long pressed the power button. Did you hold it for 60+ seconds?

Did you try holding power and volume - down simultaneously for 10 seconds?

If all that fails I'd contact Vodafone. You might be able to get a replacement.

Awww FrostyJim is always there to help. :):)

Crisis averted! I was looking up online about it and peeps were on about pressing this button and that button and whatever and one lady was saying she pressed in the Power Button for 30 seconds and I'd say I only did it for half that, so I counted out 30 seconds and got to about 23/24 and it turned on again. PHEW! Don't have money for a new Phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭kevez

Has any one got a replacement screen from eBay? They all seem to be for an Alcatel VF995N but is ours not a ZTE or are they the same phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Battery finally giving up the ghost on my SU6. Could die at an arbitrary percentage now. Anyone on here who's had this phone have any recommendations on a good follow up phone that won't leave me longing for the reliable old SU6?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

kerryked wrote:
    Battery finally giving up the ghost on my SU6. Could die at an arbitrary percentage now. Anyone on here who's had this phone have any recommendations on a good follow up phone that won't leave me longing for the reliable old SU6?

I went from the SU6 to the OnePlus 3 and haven't looked back, the 3T is even slightly better than my OG OP3 but honestly it's just miles better than the SU6 and i loved that phone for what it was but the quality between the two is night and day. If you get one you'll love how similar it is software wise to the SU6 but again better 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

DanC90 wrote: »
    I went from the SU6 to the OnePlus 3 and haven't looked back, the 3T is even slightly better than my OG OP3 but honestly it's just miles better than the SU6 and i loved that phone for what it was but the quality between the two is night and day. If you get one you'll love how similar it is software wise to the SU6 but again better 😀

Any issues with bluetooth in the car with the OP3?

vectra wrote:
    Any issues with bluetooth in the car with the OP3?

No Bluetooth in the car so i cant help you there but pop over to the OP3 forum and I'm sure someone else could answer that for you.

If it helps i constantly have it connected to an android wear Smartwatch over Bluetooth and Bluetooth headphones and I've no issues with either of those so I'd imagine it would be fine for in car use too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

DanC90 wrote: »

Great thanks for the recommendation. Friend has a OP3 and I must say it's very impressive. It is a bit of a heftier price tag than the 180 for the SU6, although I appreciate the big step up in quality.

kerryked wrote:
    Great thanks for the recommendation. Friend has a OP3 and I must say it's very impressive. It is a bit of a heftier price tag than the 180 for the SU6, although I appreciate the big step up in quality.

I was in the same mindset about spending that much more on a phone but when i thought about it i spend most of my time on my phone instead of a laptop or tablet so i think it makes sense to have a good one, for the price your getting a top spec phone that's very well built for half the price of the flagships that have the same specs and a slightly better build in subtle areas and then the only department most people say the OP3 falls short compared to the others is the camera, me personally i don't take many pics so i don't really care if it's not the best it's still well above what i need but if photos is something you care about I'd suggest asking people in the OP3 thread if they like it compared to an S7 or iP7.
    What i do think it has over every other phone is Dash Change, i usually get two full days of battery from mine but i let it go to almost empty and when I'm getting up for work i plug it in and an hour later when I'm getting ready to leave it's fully charged and ready for another two days. I know 400 is alot to spend on a phone for most people but it really is worth the money and you won't be disappointed once you start using it.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭MRTULES

Is there a natural successor from the SU6? My battery is just discharging itself randomly. Going from 90% to dead out of nowhere.
    Had the moto g before this and both great phones for money. The OP3 seems a great spec for the price but is there anything closer to SU6 price point to be looking at?

Can this phone block unwanted numbers? Or if I want to install a Call-blocker App how do I make it allowable as a known source?

MRTULES wrote:
    Is there a natural successor from the SU6? My battery is just discharging itself randomly. Going from 90% to dead out of nowhere. Had the moto g before this and both great phones for money. The OP3 seems a great spec for the price but is there anything closer to SU6 price point to be looking at?

Probably the Lenovo ZUK 2, it's in the B.A thread for 200 or so and has similar specs to the OP3

valor wrote: »
    Any help/tips on using an SD card effectively? Almost all of my apps are not able to moved to SD card which makes it fairly useless, is there anyway I can effectively use it..eg I have a podcast app that uses a ton of space, but it wont let me install it to the SD card, anything I can do?
    I cant seem to format it as internal storage, is that part of the problem?

Android 6.0.1 if thats relevant

bump, I've googled a good bit about it but cant see how to make this work properly, tried a few file manager apps that dont let me move apps either

Yes, it's a pain in butt. A lot of us giving out to VF on the "VF talk to" forum but they are less than useless with help. The recent update completely messed things up for sd card users. Like other poster I tried couple file managers but the smart Ultra 6 not comparable. Any help also welcomed please.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

And people wonder why networks are slow to release new Android updates!! Last update has crippled this phone.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭steve_r

Top right hand corner of my screen has gone dead.

Have the phone about 15 months and it's starting to act up - the headphone connector does not always register properly so I've blared my music/podcasts out in the office a few times! :o

• Advertisement

Ah so SD cards used to work but an Android update messed it up? I had never tried to use an SD card before so didnt realise it used to work properly

Advertisement