Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

.red. wrote: »
    Anyone notice the ridiculous amount of updates that apps on the phone are getting?
    I've 52 icons/apps and every morning there's anything between 5-10 of them after updating during the night.
    I have to turn the phone screen down as the light keeps waking my wife lol.

Yes, a lot of updates. Another 5 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Probably referring to the aux and tethering issues in the marshmallow update.

It's discussed here. It would be good if others logged on to this and gave feedback when you get a chance.
    http://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Vodafone-Devices/Aux-out-not-working-on-VF-Smart-Ultra-6-after-Marshmallow-update/td-p/205226

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone still having wifi trouble?

When I run a speed test on my phone on home wifi I'm getting around 3 meg, but when I run the same test on my tablet I'm getting 110 meg!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It's discussed here. It would be good if others logged on to this and gave feedback when you get a chance.
    http://community.vodafone.ie/t5/Vodafone-Devices/Aux-out-not-working-on-VF-Smart-Ultra-6-after-Marshmallow-update/td-p/205226

I haven't actually got the phone anymore. Just read that people were having those issues on here. Also that they had their APN settings changed by the update making some of them incur data charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,707 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The Hotspot problem is the big issue for me. My aux cable is working fine, and I haven't had any other problems. I did have an issue yesterday where my speaker seemed to stop working but a a quick reboot sorted that. I was getting a 'System UI failed' when I reboot, but it didn't seem to cause any problem and seems to have gone away. My SD card is working fine, and some SD card permissions app problems with the iSyncr app have been sorted.

But the hotspot dropping is a bit of a pain - is there any 3rd party app that could provide hotspot services?

• Advertisement

The Hotspot problem is the big issue for me. My aux cable is working fine, and I haven't had any other problems. I did have an issue yesterday where my speaker seemed to stop working but a a quick reboot sorted that. I was getting a 'System UI failed' when I reboot, but it didn't seem to cause any problem and seems to have gone away. My SD card is working fine, and some SD card permissions app problems with the iSyncr app have been sorted.

But the hotspot dropping is a bit of a pain - is there any 3rd party app that could provide hotspot services?

Pdanet or FoxFi? Both cost money if you want the full versions though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Hi all who does free sim cards I will be porting the number straight away..as I'm thinking of getting this phone or the Alcatel Idol 4 VR Edition - €99.99 from 3.

massy086 wrote: »
    Hi all who does free sim cards I will be porting the number straight away..as I'm thinking of getting this phone or the Alcatel Idol 4 VR Edition - €99.99 from 3.

Meteor do online. Presume they do instore too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Meteor do online. Presume they do instore too.
    do u know do I have to top up the SIM to activate it or anything

do u know do I have to top up the SIM to activate it or anything

Not online anyway. I got one sent out within a few days. No top up required.

https://store.meteor.ie/sim-only-plans/sim-type

• Advertisement

Pdanet or FoxFi? Both cost money if you want the full versions though.

THanks, very helpful. The Play store mentions that FoxFi includes Pdanet? Anyway, FoxFi seems to be working for me, and better still, it seems to switch back on the wifi if it's not used for a while, which the standard hotspot never did.

The full version is €8.50, which is not be sneezed at for an app, but isn't outrageous in the overall scheme of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

THanks, very helpful. The Play store mentions that FoxFi includes Pdanet? Anyway, FoxFi seems to be working for me, and better still, it seems to switch back on the wifi if it's not used for a while, which the standard hotspot never did.

The full version is €8.50, which is not be sneezed at for an app, but isn't outrageous in the overall scheme of things.

I've just tried out the free version of FoxFi to see if it'll solve the problem of hotspot cutting out after 15 mins.

No joy for me :mad:

Does FoxFi keep your hotspot on for longer than 15mins?

kerryked wrote: »
    I've just tried out the free version of FoxFi to see if it'll solve the problem of hotspot cutting out after 15 mins.

No joy for me :mad:

Does FoxFi keep your hotspot on for longer than 15mins?

No, it cuts it off fairly sharpish, but that is expected behaviour for the free version.

My only slight doubt is whether it will work continuously on the paid version or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

No, it cuts it off fairly sharpish, but that is expected behaviour for the free version.

My only slight doubt is whether it will work continuously on the paid version or not?

It's still the issue with the Marshmallow update though that's causing the Hotspot to cut out after 15mins whether you're using the system hotspot or FoxFi, is it not?

I think the same issue will still persist even if you pay the 8 euro for the paid version.

kerryked wrote: »
    It's still the issue with the Marshmallow update though that's causing the Hotspot to cut out after 15mins whether you're using the system hotspot or FoxFi, is it not?

I think the same issue will still persist even if you pay the 8 euro for the paid version.

It's hard to know - it could be the expected limitation on the free version of FoxFi, or it could be the underlying Marshmallow issue.

All apps have a two hour full refund window afaik so you would have enough time to test it and see if it fixes the issue. If not you can request a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Anyone know if this Cable works with this phone? T.i.a.

No offence to the Seller they are helpful and have replied to my question but trying to piece together what they're saying is as bad as if not worse than 3 Customer Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

thats shipping from hong kong, expect it to take months to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭.red.

Anyone know if this Cable works with this phone? T.i.a.

No offence to the Seller they are helpful and have replied to my question but trying to piece together what they're saying is as bad as if not worse than 3 Customer Service.
    It'll work but will be poor quality at that price, plus a month for delivery.
    The cheap leads break quickly and don't charge too quick.
    Most petrol stations sell leads now for about €3.99, again not the best of quality but they won't break the bank and you won't be waiting 4/5 weeks on it to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Bravobabe

Save yourself the hassle and buy one in the "pound/Euro shop or a Garage (as suggested)

Otherwise go for a quality braided cable (from ebay, amazon, 7dayshop etc).

Its a micro USB cable - fairly standard for many phones (new ones are now using USB 3, which is a bigger plug,)

In my experience shipping from Hong Kong is a disaster (Weeks)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

hi my wifes phone isnt working correctly after latest firmware update to marshmallow.... home key dooesnt work, certain letters on the key board either.... anyone had similar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭PatL23

How do I get the front facing camera to work? There's a half moon where the change camera icon is supposed to be. I factory reset the camera app. Any ideas?

jobless wrote: »
    hi my wifes phone isnt working correctly after latest firmware update to marshmallow.... home key dooesnt work, certain letters on the key board either.... anyone had similar issues?

Try installing a new keyboard, failing that try a factory reset. If that doesn't work it may be the screen that is damaged.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Try installing a new keyboard, failing that try a factory reset. If that doesn't work it may be the screen that is damaged.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

I had a few issues after the marshmallow update. A factory reset sorted them with the exception of the SD card now can't be internal storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

D0NNELLY wrote: »

I had a few issues after the marshmallow update. A factory reset sorted them with the exception of the SD card now can't be internal storage.
    so a factory reset means she loses everything, photos etc? ...

Not if you back them up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

I've my phone set to sync everything to my Gmail account. So once i log in to a new phone, or reset an existing one, all photos, texts, WhatsApps, passwords, bookmarks etc are there.

Settings>accounts>Google

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Anyone else experienced a 4G drop? My phone did so for the past 2 days.

I see the same issues here since January 2016 but not getting a straight answer on VF chat. Just 'don't worry' !! :rolleyes:

Advertisement