Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Smart ultra 6 Owners Thread- apps, tips & tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

The phone wakes up every time I get an email. Pain in the arse. This has only happened since I upgraded it the other day. Also, the pulse notification light kept switching on even though I kept turning it off in settings. I re-started the phone and it now has switched to waking up instead.

Any idea how to sort this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

I had the Ultra 6 and it was one of the best phones I ever had. Sold it recently though.

Get much for it? Adverts/eBay?

:(I still havent got around to selling mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

long_b wrote: »
    Hotspot cutting out issue is annoying.
    I'm guessing it's to do with the battery optimisation settings. Anyone have an idea on which app needs to be changed?
    long_b wrote: »
    No, Meteor. It's pretty much like clockwork
    airmech wrote: »
    Ya mine goes off every 15 minutes.
    Improved idle mode to increase battery life or something. I don't think it has.

Hi guys I'm having exact same issue anyone find a solution yet?

This is a nightmare

Hi all I did a factory reset and the hotspot seems to be holding.

So I'm guessing it's a common app that's causing the problem or maybe a google thing - I skipped signing into Google for the time being.

I'll let you guys know if I have any updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭airmech

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Hi all I did a factory reset and the hotspot seems to be holding.

So I'm guessing it's a common app that's causing the problem or maybe a google thing - I skipped signing into Google for the time being.

I'll let you guys know if I have any updates.

Factory reset ,will this wipe everything including rolling back all updates?

• Advertisement

airmech wrote: »
    Factory reset ,will this wipe everything including rolling back all updates?

It'll wipe everything but keep Marshmallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Anyone experience an issue where all open apps minimise on screen. Started on Friday night & I've done a factory reset but made no difference. Even typing this is difficult as the screen keeps switching to a different app.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spindex

Iv unlocked this phone onto the three network, if I do a factory reset do I have to unlock it again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

spindex wrote: »
    Iv unlocked this phone onto the three network, if I do a factory reset do I have to unlock it again ?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

jgbyr wrote: »
    Anyone experience an issue where all open apps minimise on screen. Started on Friday night & I've done a factory reset but made no difference. Even typing this is difficult as the screen keeps switching to a different app.

No, but the home screen app has died on me a few times today. Other apps kept running normally, but if I needed the home screen I had to reboot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

One of my Bluetooth headphones is refusing to connect after the marshmallow update. Another Bluetooth speaker eventually connected after faffing about for 5 minutes.
    Annoying, and no fix that I can find

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

No, but the home screen app has died on me a few times today. Other apps kept running normally, but if I needed the home screen I had to reboot.

Try installing Nova launcher from the play store and set it as your default launcher, if that fixes it then there's something wrong with the stock launcher and you might have to factory reset to get it right again or just keep using Nova.

Asus X540L wrote: »
    It'll wipe everything but keep Marshmallow.

Thanks, this worked for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

Hi, help please. Did update other day and now have android 6.0.1 version.
    Since then phone changed. Wallpaper gon, apps dropped etc. Tried looking at app and don't seeem to have facility to store or mov etc sd card. Tried google etc andd don't even have app file manager facility anymore. Any ideas please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Sasso wrote: »
    Hi, help please. Did update other day and now have android 6.0.1 version.
    Since then phone changed. Wallpaper gon, apps dropped etc. Tried looking at app and don't seeem to have facility to store or mov etc sd card. Tried google etc andd don't even have app file manager facility anymore. Any ideas please ?

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057690041/1

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

My phone showed an update available on 10/01/2017.
    But it didn't install sucessfully.
    I tried again a month later, but still no joy.

After that no sign of Marshmallow update everyone here are talking about.
    It's not showing up, so I'm still with 5.1.1

Attached screenshots of available update details, and screenshot of failing update.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Your better off on 5.1 anyway imo.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Your better off on 5.1 anyway imo.

Explain.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,798 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

vectra wrote: »

Lots of complaints from people online since updating.

I've 2 of these phones in the house and both have seen problems with battery life, wifi, Bluetooth, headphones, data & APN settings.

Both phones were perfect before.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Sasso

True, agree. I posted on VF link above. Very disappointing and frustrating. Hope VF get act together soon

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Lots of complaints from people online since updating.

I've 2 of these phones in the house and both have seen problems with battery life, wifi, Bluetooth, headphones, data & APN settings.

Both phones were perfect before.

Strange.
    I have two of them here as well.
    Both on Tesco mobile
    Updated bot, though I dont use headphones, We have zero issues since upgrade. Battery life seemed a bit shorter for the first few days, but all is good now again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭.red.

Since the update I've noticed one thing about the Bluetooth.
    If its turned on and I start the car it hooks up to my parrot system and all is good.
    If I start the car, then turn on the Bluetooth on the SU6 it connects to the parrot for a few seconds and disconnects again.
    First world problems it may be but its kind of annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Strange.
    I have two of them here as well.
    Both on Tesco mobile
    Updated bot, though I dont use headphones, We have zero issues since upgrade. Battery life seemed a bit shorter for the first few days, but all is good now again.

Can you store your apps on the SD Card?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭PatM65

I unlocked my Ultra 6 and am on the Three network.

Does anyone know if I can switch to Vodafone or any other provider?

Do I need to unlock again somehow or is it just a case of putting in a different sim?

PatM65 wrote: »
    I unlocked my Ultra 6 and am on the Three network.

Does anyone know if I can switch to Vodafone or any other provider?

Do I need to unlock again somehow or is it just a case of putting in a different sim?

If its unlocked then it'll accept any sim.

My battery life is gone terrible, can I uninstall this?

Can you store your apps on the SD Card?

Never used an sd card in it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Never used an sd card in it to be honest.

How much internal storage do you have?

Anyone notice the ridiculous amount of updates that apps on the phone are getting?
    I've 52 icons/apps and every morning there's anything between 5-10 of them after updating during the night.
    I have to turn the phone screen down as the light keeps waking my wife lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,776 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Probably referring to the aux and tethering issues in the marshmallow update.

Advertisement