Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 189 - McGregor v Mendes *READ MOD WARNING IN 1st POST*

Options
1110111112113114116»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭RebelSoul

This was great night. I was in Vancouver watching it in a pub with a bunch of Irish folks. The Rory vs Robbie fight was the perfect warm up. I think this was the best crowd of all his fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

sc86 wrote: »
    dont think no matter what he does the buzz of this night will be beat
    now you just expect great things

back the you still kinda had your doubts if he really was all we hoped

Id honestly say the only way he could is ko floyd in august :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

This was such a good event. Back when McGregor was still kind of unknown to the mainstream, so most of the fans in the crowd were hardcores. And as said, we weren't sure how he would fair with his first big test.

The fights on the undercard were great too, so the buzz was amazing come main event time even though it was 6am or so !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

This was the first UFC event that I ever watched. Was sick of hearing all the hype about McGregor. Came to see him but was immediately hooked by what happened on the rest of the card. I can still picture Rory MacDonald's body basically shutting down involuntarily on him in the final round of that war in the co-main. Not to mention the two separate flying knee victories. Amazing card!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

****s just got weird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,501 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Got a good few friends over for the event, none of whom follow the sport. Just came along for the craic. From a lay persons POV, the first 5 fights of the card were boring while the latter 6 were insane. Really helped to perk people up who had started to fade in the early hours of the morning.

Looking at my friends faces for the latter rounds of Lawler McDonald was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Got a good few friends over for the event, none of whom follow the sport. Just came along for the craic. From a lay persons POV, the first 5 fights of the card were boring while the latter 6 were insane. Really helped to perk people up who had started to fade in the early hours of the morning.

Looking at my friends faces for the latter rounds of Lawler McDonald was brilliant.

my brother brought me over asa present as id helped him over the years, a few of his friends went as well, so about 10-ish of us in all, being the only real follower of ufc in general helped me gel with the group as naturally got pulled into the conversations, i wholley concur with nic cage, my bro became a fan for life of the back of lawler mcdonald.

how the effing hell did ufc let him go tho

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

jcd5971 wrote: »
    my brother brought me over asa present as id helped him over the years, a few of his friends went as well, so about 10-ish of us in all, being the only real follower of ufc in general helped me gel with the group as naturally got pulled into the conversations, i wholley concur with nic cage, my bro became a fan for life of the back of lawler mcdonald.

how the effing hell did ufc let him go tho

That Lawler McDonald fight was out of this world. Followed by Sinead and The Foggy Dew....

Advertisement