Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Caved and picked up a digital copy - need something on a TV rather than a PC so this’ll do :pac:

Only played through the demo stuff again, but having gone with the Japanese voices after finding the English acting insufferable in the demo that at least is an improvement :)

Oh yes much better to have a language that you can't understand forcing you to read subtitles instead of looking at the scenes. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I have spent my entire day sitting on my couch, in the dark, surrounded by cans of coke and various forms of sweets and thoroughly been loving this game.

About 10 hours played now and
    just about to fight Airbuster

I'm getting a much better handle of the combat system now, and it flows nicely when you step back and use the Command System..

If I have a gripe,
    it's the limited use of the Summon system, but I hope this gets a bit more use.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,012 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Was there a day 1 patch for textures?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Why do I have a feeling that Middle Shinra Manager you come across a few times on the Train is Cait Sith? :p

My only issue so far is the loooooong saving and loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

The texture issue is pretty bad. Hopefully they patch it soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anyone else turn off screen shake? It's abit much and makes the fights seem more chaotic than they actually are

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,976 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

BloodBath wrote: »
    Oh yes much better to have a language that you can't understand forcing you to read subtitles instead of looking at the scenes. :rolleyes:

Ah yes. The ignorant Donald trump excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,587 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I like how the summons only become available for big fights but i wish they arrived, did their finisher move and ****ed off. I haven't seen either chocobo or Ifrit actually fight anyone, combat is hectic enough without a summon thrown in. Ifrit's finisher is class though.

Also, the Buster looks so good on Cloud's back, i don't want to swap it out.

The PS4 only has 8gb of memory. Around 5 - 5.5 of that being used by the game depending on whether it's PS4 or PS4 pro.

I'd imagine this game was designed with the next gen in mind as well and judging by the game size they are using high res textures far beyond the 5gb of memory available on the PS4.

Unreal engine will automatically reduce texture quality when this budget is reached to prevent performance issues. It's called texture streaming. It should be doing it on more distant objects though when set up properly.

I must be very lucky but -so far- I've had no texture issues that people speak of? Or at least none that I've noticed.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Ah yes. The ignorant Donald trump excuse.

Make Final Fantasy great again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Nope. They will all be full priced games at 30+ hours each.

So the guts of €200 for one game? Nostalgia be damned, they can fcuk right off with that. I'll wait for a couple of years.

So the guts of €200 for one game? Nostalgia be damned, they can fcuk right off with that. I'll wait for a couple of years.

It's 3 full games. If they were like 10 hours of game play a piece I'd get you, but even this one is pretty damn big.

This game needs a photo mode badly! I keep hitting the share button during fights and cutscenes but it's not picking up what I'm trying to capture.

Nice little 'thank you' message for waiting so long.

It's kinda funny when we remember all those usual types who lost their minds when people thought Tifa's breasts were made smaller.

They're completely insane for that figure.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    It's kinda funny when we remember all those usual types who lost their minds when people thought Tifa's breasts were made smaller.

They're completely insane for that figure.

Were they actually made smaller? If so, what ****ing size were they before!?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,976 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Do you remember your wan from eurotrash?

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I've no idea man, they're ridiculously funny now.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Do you remember your wan from eurotrash?

Oh man, that made me actually scoff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yep, for me it is, but I’m well used to reading subtitles (aware not everyone is the same, and for a whole range of reasons) :)

I just think like much anime voice acting the English voiceovers are strangely stilted and forced. It’s not a matter of not ‘getting’ the characters as someone suggested earlier, but more the Japanese voice work to me more suits the tone, style and look of the game. To me the English voice acting just feels fundamentally and distractingly ‘off’ in a way I can’t get past - no fault of the voice cast or localisation team and hardly unique to this game, just my own preference.

Thankfully the option is there for everyone to pick what they prefer, which is the way it should be wherever possible :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Heres a really random question about the original FFVII on PSX that Ive always wondered about.

During the summon animation, you used to be able to press Square or some other button to raise a number onscreen but if you went too high it would loop back around to a lower number, does anyone remember this or what it did? I cant find a mention of it anywhere and its driving me a bit crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Thargor wrote: »
    Heres a really random question about the original FFVII on PSX that Ive always wondered about.

During the summon animation, you used to be able to press Square or some other button to raise a number onscreen but if you went too high it would loop back around to a lower number, does anyone remember this or what it did? I cant find a mention of it anywhere and its driving me a bit crazy.

That was FFVIII and it was the boost option for the GF’s in the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Just about to start , exciting !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Any consequence for choosing 30 minutes over 30?

Any consequence for choosing 30 minutes over 30?

Yupp, only real SOLDIER's pick 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That was FFVIII and it was the boost option for the GF’s in the game.
    Ah thanks that was bugging me for years, didnt realise it was VIII:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/197343-final-fantasy-viii/answers/33446-how-does-quotboostquot-work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

The texture on the apartment doors. My god. It's not that they are slow loading in, it's simply there is no texture at all. A single pixel stretched over the door

Wow
    I turn up fierce early don't I 😛
    that was awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Wow
    I turn up fierce early don't I 😛
    that was awesome!

And voiced by
    Superman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Just had the mission with Jesse where
    you fight the other solider guy, Roche I think, bloody awesome
    was he in the original I can't remember, also how far along I am in the game, all the nostalgia is making me not wanting it to end knowing the wait for part 2 will probably be horrible.

Advertisement