Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,929 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Allyall wrote: »
    Try date and time settings

Thanks, ill give that a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,901 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Doesn't that go for all the other boxes/Kodi in general though?

Besides, I won't be using mine for that.

Yup it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,947 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Yeah that's what I thought.

I ordered my box for purely legal and legit means though. :)

jasus, fecken no fun in that!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Doesn't that go for all the other boxes/Kodi in general though?

Besides, I won't be using mine for that.

That's a Linux satellite receiver you bought, no experience with that model but I don't think it runs Andriod, might be better posting in the sat forums if your looking for some support for it.
    Link to a thread on satellite forum about also mention of another site on it that I would recommend checking out

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057567568

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭antocann

Anyone any ideas . With the problem i jave with a remote for my android box . Since i updated the version o kodie that came on it most buttons dont seem to work . Any idea how i could configure them to work ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

antocann wrote: »
    Anyone any ideas . With the problem i jave with a remote for my android box . Since i updated the version o kodie that came on it most buttons dont seem to work . Any idea how i could configure them to work ?

Ok you've not given too much info here,but I think the following links will help your issue.See Here,Here and Here.Also one last thing,
    you could always use one of the Kodi remote Apps for mobile devices,
    i.e. Kore(Android),Yatse(Android) or Official Kodi Remote for ios devices.Hope that helps a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

FYI i got the MXV mentioned a bit back... 64bit amlogic s905. powered up first time then doesnt power up any more. in the process of returning it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

Has anyone on here got one to sell ,please .my daughter needs one

Has anyone on here got one to sell ,please .my daughter needs one

Has she tried Kodi on a device that she currently owns? Think people jump too quickly before realising what they're dealing with regarding these yokes. Markets flooded with them now

She has but she s sick so it would be handy more if she got the box and could use the remote from the bed ,I just have a worry about ordering from the sites ,the Chinese ones where u install urself I just don't trust and the ones for sale in Ireland are just that little bit expensive

• Advertisement

She has but she s sick so it would be handy more if she got the box and could use the remote from the bed ,I just have a worry about ordering from the sites ,the Chinese ones where u install urself I just don't trust and the ones for sale in Ireland are just that little bit expensive

It's a minefield alright. I'm sure the folks here can help. Sorry I cant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

Personally, I've bought a lot of boxes for myself, family and friends locally and have had no problems with them at all. In fact, the only person I know who had problems bought theirs online because they were cheap (so was the box! lol :D). If you do your research (know what you are buying, what the "proper" price should be etc.) and buy off a reputable seller, you'll be fine. :)

Thanks for your advice but there charging to much 40/45 would be the amount that I could pay .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Thanks for your advice but there charging to much 40/45 would be the amount that I could pay .

You could get her a Google Chromecast or an Amazon Firestick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

If you are willing to wait the the option of getting one from one of the more reputable Chinese online stores.

Kinda need one as soon as thanks

Kinda need one as soon as thanks

Go for the Amazon Firestick.

Is that similar ,she wants the mx box cause her friend has one ,you know what kids are like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭BandMember

Ok, to be honest, you're falling between two stools here - you want something fast/now, but you can't/won't (I'm not sure which) pay for it. I don't mean to be rude or offend you, but you get what pay for. If you want something now and you want it cheap, you're severely limiting your options and will probably end up with a device that's not very good, won't work very well and won't last very long.

The guys here will help you as best they can and I wish you the best of luck with your search, but I'm not sure that you'll be able to get what you want and you may have to settle for something else...

Is that similar ,she wants the mx box cause her friend has one ,you know what kids are like

It's the same, it just has Amazon firmware on it. But it can do all of the exact same things and the menu looks a little different.

It's in stick form, but instead of being a cheap Chinese box, it's Amazon, so comes with a decent waranty should anything happen to it.
    It's fairly fast. I'm guessing you're talking about the MXQ.
    If going for that, avoid the cheaper versions, as they have v3_1 motherboards and only 512Mb of Ram (which they fake to be 1GB in the specs).
    If talking about the older MX which is very stable, but better running Openelec or Ubuntu now, they also have a load of cheaper clones, so you can't be guaranteed which one you are getting.
    EDIT - I forgot about the Mini MX and all of the MX - S905s....... :/
    Anyway,
    If you want it quick, want a good one that does all the same as the rest of them with some very slight differences, and made by an International brand and is less than €45 delivered to your door within a week, and comes with a warranty....
    Can't fault the Firestick :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭flutered

get her a fire stick, mine runs sd on 1g down, on some sites not on more, i am pleased with it, a lot better than some boxes i have had

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CarFan100

Sound takes about a minute to kick in on my kodi streams

Any idea why this might be. I have a cs918 box?
    Thanks

CarFan100 wrote: »
    Sound takes about a minute to kick in on my kodi streams

Any idea why this might be. I have a cs918 box?
    Thanks

It could be a lot of things.
    Does that happen on every addon, or just one addon?

It could be a lot of things.
    Does that happen on every addon, or just one addon?

Thanks,More than 1 addon

CarFan100 wrote: »
    Thanks,More than 1 addon

Try a different HD cable.
    No point in posting a log.
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling a different build? Maybe an older one 15.2 if you are using 16.
    When you say "a minute to kick in" do you mean the audio is a minute behind?
    You could try this.
    Do you know if you have the S812 version or the RK3188T version?

If reinstalling another version doesn't help, if you are using someones build, remove it and just add one addon.
    Failing that try a different rom.

Try a different HD cable.
    No point in posting a log.
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling a different build? Maybe an older one 15.2 if you are using 16.
    When you say "a minute to kick in" do you mean the audio is a minute behind?
    You could try this.
    Do you know if you have the S812 version or the RK3188T version?

If reinstalling another version doesn't help, if you are using someones build, remove it and just add one addon.
    Failing that try a different rom.

Thanks Allyall I'll try those suggestions and report back
    The audio is in sync with video but there is no sound on streams for a minute or so after start

• Registered Users Posts: 13 boardasadroid

whats the advantage of a minix neo u1 or x8-hplus compared to the 2gb ones recommended in the last few pages at the $30 to $50 price point ?

whats the advantage of a minix neo u1 or x8-hplus compared to the 2gb ones recommended in the last few pages at the $30 to $50 price point ?

Not a thing, in terms of what it can do, and what you want to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 boardasadroid

ty allyall

id done some more reading since too, am i right in saying they have the same barebone specs with diff peripherals and added components? like if they both said s905 2gb for example

differences at most might be
    wifi speeds, build quality, remotes
    maybe support and firmwares.
    possibility of customs vat
    wrong plugs.
    ??

sorry if this sound pedantic knowing my luck id have to get home plugs, travel adapters, and vat charges lol

what is the customs charges like if its stopped, i know they used to charge a admin fee at one point as well as vat?

• Advertisement

Anyone hit a cheap android box for sale please

Advertisement