Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Cheers. Something tells me the Fire TV remote works off Bluetooth.

you can get the MEle F10 from aliexpress in Bluetooth version for $14.99
    IF your stuck there is surely a bluetooth app that works for Fire Tv.
    I ordered the one Benzino has...great price thanks for info. Same seller also has the minix a2 lite reduced price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭BandMember

bigmike99 wrote: »
    you can get the MEle F10 from aliexpress in Bluetooth version for $14.99
    IF your stuck there is surely a bluetooth app that works for Fire Tv.
    I ordered the one Benzino has...great price thanks for info. Same seller also has the minix a2 lite reduced price.

Personally, I would strongly advise people not to buy the Minix A2 remote control as they are not user friendly at all - IMHO anyway. This is the remote that I would highly recommend (a very similar one was already mentioned on this thread): http://www.adverts.ie/tv/air-mouse-wireless-keyboard-remote/6349987 Most people I know have this one, came highly recommended to me and I can see why. Makes everything so much easier and very simple to use! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭Invincible

BandMember wrote: »
    Personally, I would strongly advise people not to buy the Minix A2 remote control as they are not user friendly at all - IMHO anyway. This is the remote that I would highly recommend (a very similar one was already mentioned on this thread): http://www.adverts.ie/tv/air-mouse-wireless-keyboard-remote/6349987 Most people I know have this one, came highly recommended to me and I can see why. Makes everything so much easier and very simple to use! :)

No brand mentioned, probably some generic make. Think I'll go for the mele f10 deluxe as linked in earlier post, for £10 it's some value!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭BandMember

Invincible wrote: »
    No brand mentioned, probably some generic make. Think I'll go for the mele f10 deluxe as linked in earlier post, for £10 it's some value!

£10 plus P&P would be nearly €20, no? It's probably a generic brand alright as I can't see any name on it but I've had it a couple of years and it still works perfectly so I'm happy out! :D

BandMember wrote: »
    £10 plus P&P would be nearly €20, no? It's probably a generic brand alright as I can't see any name on it but I've had it a couple of years and it still works perfectly so I'm happy out! :D

£16 if you get it delivered here or £9.49 to PW/PM, but I have something else to bring it over £25, so it's costing me £9.49.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

which is Kodi better run on, android 4.4 or windows 10?
    Not sure which to use on the dual box box. Am thinking windows for netflix and kodi.
    the netflix app on android is crap quality.. maybe this is my settings! im sure it will run HD in windows. Not sure which platform to run Kodi from.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

bigmike99 wrote:
    which is Kodi better run on, android 4.4 or windows 10? Not sure which to use on the dual box box. Am thinking windows for netflix and kodi. the netflix app on android is crap quality.. maybe this is my settings! im sure it will run HD in windows. Not sure which platform to run Kodi from.

Apparently better in Windows. Not an android user myself, but it runs fine for me in Windows. Why not try both and see

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭ahmsalo

bigmike99 wrote: »
    which is Kodi better run on, android 4.4 or windows 10?
    Not sure which to use on the dual box box. Am thinking windows for netflix and kodi.
    the netflix app on android is crap quality.. maybe this is my settings! im sure it will run HD in windows. Not sure which platform to run Kodi from.

kodi can run on android and windows fine
    i run netflix on my android box and its HD quality
    the best thing to install it from play store

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭ahmsalo

jharr100 wrote: »
    T8 PRO Android 5.1 TV Box AML8726-S812 Quad-core DDR3 2G Nand Flash 8G HDMI WIFI Bluetooth KODI Set Top Box
    http://s.aliexpress.com/yqeEjeMN
    (from AliExpress Android)

Any opinions on the specs ?
    Thanks

Search for T10 plus its really a great one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Is there something weird happening on Boards? A few threads seem to have jumped back a day or so.. maybe not.
    Anyway, saw these and didn't think I'd start a new thread.

MXQ Pro 1GB + 8GB is on aliexpress for €26.77

MX V 2GB + 8GB is on aliexpress for €34.29

Mini Wireless Keyboard with Trackpad is on aliexpress for €2.13

I can't imagine the keyboard would be all that great, but for €2.13 it's worth a punt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

Im thinking of the MXV for the extra few $$
    have heard a lot about the MXQ pro but not a lot about MXV for a few euro i see you get another gig or RAM is there anything else ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,676 ✭✭✭flutered

Allyall wrote: »
    Is there something weird happening on Boards? A few threads seem to have jumped back a day or so.. maybe not.

I can't imagine the keyboard would be all that great, but for €2.13 it's worth a punt.

whats the lowdown on the mali 450 penta core cpu

Im thinking of the MXV for the extra few $$
    have heard a lot about the MXQ pro but not a lot about MXV for a few euro i see you get another gig or RAM is there anything else ?

Firmware for both is being customed at the moment, the MXV is a little further behind as it was released a little later. 2GB is better for more intensive apps or gaming. Apart from that they would be pretty much identical. I think they both have unfinished versions of Openelec at the moment, but I'm not 100% about the MXV (again, it won't be far behind if not).

thanks for speedy reply think i will plan ahead and get mxv. Im currently on an Mk808b II with finless rom on it. I presume eventually there will be a build like that for these?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

The unmentionable site is flash selling the MK808b plus (ie. quad core) for €22.46 ... within the import VAT limit/no handling charge - as a single item order obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Allyall wrote: »

Never bought from these guys. Anyone any previous with them?

I was gonna buy a jbonest from Amazon at £49, but am open to suggestions.

I should add, I would like the box for bank holiday weekend. (Purchasing for a relative)

Never bought from these guys. Anyone any previous with them?

I was gonna buy a jbonest from Amazon at £49, but am open to suggestions.

I should add, I would like the box for bank holiday weekend. (Purchasing for a relative)

If you mean August bank holiday, go ahead, shortest delivery you could expect would be 2 weeks if being delivered to a UK address, otherwise about a month.

Invincible wrote: »
    If you mean August bank holiday, go ahead, shortest delivery you could expect would be 2 weeks if being delivered to a UK address, otherwise about a month.

Cheers mate, I reckon I'll just stick to Amazon so.

how would mk808b plus rate vs mxv. would be mainly running kodi not really a gamer

• Advertisement

how would mk808b plus rate vs mxv. would be mainly running kodi not really a gamer

MK808B+ is absolutely more than sufficient for all things kodi.

There are also openelec roms for it if you want to ditch android and only load kodi.

WiF receiver is not the greatest, but works absolutely fine for me as router near tv.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99400616&postcount=1435

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Hi guys,

I was advised that I should post my query in here:

Looking to get a new Android box but getting confused with all the MXQ boxes. Will be buying from aliexpress and will spend between 30 to 50 Dollars.

So what is the difference between the MXQ Quick Play, MXQ Pro Ultimate and MXQ Pro Ultra. Links to all three below:

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXQ-P...65-361598.html

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXQ-P...ck-356045.html

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXQ-P...ck-361629.html

Which of those three is the best or should I go for the MXQ G9C:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...641786176.html

or the MXV:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newtv...7-e7ab0e1a43f6

Or some other recommendation?

Thanks

iba wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I was advised that I should post my query in here:

Looking to get a new Android box but getting confused with all the MXQ boxes. Will be buying from aliexpress and will spend between 30 to 50 Dollars.

So what is the difference between the MXQ Quick Play, MXQ Pro Ultimate and MXQ Pro Ultra. Links to all three below:

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXQ-P...65-361598.html

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXQ-P...ck-356045.html

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXQ-P...ck-361629.html

Which of those three is the best or should I go for the MXQ G9C:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/prod...641786176.html

or the MXV:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newtv...7-e7ab0e1a43f6

Or some other recommendation?

Thanks

Out of those, the MXV, only one listed with 2GB of RAM.
    Got an M8S+ for €42 from wish.com few months back, good box.

Just a heads up.
    As mentioned before, the S905 aren't very stable, and are prone to overheating. The S905 was touted as something that wouldn't need a heatsink, but is now becoming apparent that it does. Many are adding loads of vents on the underside, you may add your own if you want.
    Also S905 Roms are buggy. And as you will almost definitely require a custom Rom if ordered at the moment, be careful with names and motherboards. For example, there already is an S805 box named MXV
    There are many MXQ All black motherboards - v3_1 is being worked on, but is still annoying enough that is best avoided (tell-tale sign is usually cheaper version of MXQ).

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Noticed with the S905 MXQ Pro series that only the Quickplay has bluetooth and Gigabit Ethernet. I got a few of them and they seem much faster than the MK808b plus (S/M805). Only thing is the package is big and they keep getting stopped at customs. At around $40 the extra fees come to around 15 Euro. So not going to bother with this box format any more.

I've a few of the new S905 MK808b Pro's coming and can't wait to try them out. Hopefully they'll be as fast as the Quickplay and as reliable as the good ole MK808b plus. I'll leave it on and check for overheating, hopefully it won't be too bad :/ Bang for buck these should be a great buy as they are only $30 and I'm pretty sure that's the cheapest s905 on the market from Geekbuying. Only $5 more than the plus.

Edit: Just seen that deal Allyall posted for the MXQ pro for $30. Great price but chances are you'll end up paying customs fees as well. I'm still torn between which ones to settle on, might end up going back to the MK808b plus as there wasn't really anything wrong with them and can be got for below the customs threshold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Mini mx boxes are pretty good lads check them out.
    Tiny little box decent remote too.

Allyall,

Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

All very confusing stuff this for me. Chip comparisons between the S805, S812 and S905 appear to put the S905 ahead but many problems as you have listed above.

It appears though that the RK3368 beats the S905 in many respects and if I understand correctly is heatsunk and comes with a cooling fan.

But then we are also going up in price to between 60 to 70 USD:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/M8S-PRO-Android-5-1-TV-Box-2G-8G-RK3368-Octa-core-WIFI-Bluetooth-3D-IPTV/32617557253.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_1_9982_10034_10033_507_10032_10020_10017_10005_10006_10021_10022_10009_10008_10018_10019,searchweb201603_1&btsid=40f5ac60-878c-4449-a8dd-05e927bc1761

And then when I'm looking at the over 60 USD bracket I like the k1 Plus:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KI-PLUS-T2-S2-Amlogic-S905-Quad-core-64-bit-Support-DVB-T2-DVB-S2-1G/32630968767.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_1_9982_10034_10033_507_10032_10020_10017_10005_10006_10021_10022_10009_10008_10018_10019,searchweb201603_1&btsid=0c8b55e5-49d5-460d-8aba-f0d52e2cc04a

But then we are back where we started with the S905 chip

I note that the S905X, S905D and S912 are due out this year, (Maybe the S905X is already out?), and will run Android 6 Marshmallow. So maybe its not the best time to buy now and just waiting might be the answer.

Dilemmas, dilemmas, dilemmas.

Hi B
    Blade wrote: »
    Noticed with the S905 MXQ Pro series that only the Quickplay has bluetooth and Gigabit Ethernet. I got a few of them and they seem much faster than the MK808b plus (S/M805). Only thing is the package is big and they keep getting stopped at customs. At around $40 the extra fees come to around 15 Euro. So not going to bother with this box format any more.

I've a few of the new S905 MK808b Pro's coming and can't wait to try them out. Hopefully they'll be as fast as the Quickplay and as reliable as the good ole MK808b plus. I'll leave it on and check for overheating, hopefully it won't be too bad :/ Bang for buck these should be a great buy as they are only $30 and I'm pretty sure that's the cheapest s905 on the market from Geekbuying. Only $5 more than the plus.

Edit: Just seen that deal Allyall posted for the MXQ pro for $30. Great price but chances are you'll end up paying customs fees as well. I'm still torn between which ones to settle on, might end up going back to the MK808b plus as there wasn't really anything wrong with them and can be got for below the customs thre

Hi Blade,

Thanks for your input: is this the MK808b Pro you are referring to?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Smart-TV-BOX-android-5-1-MK808B-PRO-Amlogic-S905-Quad-Core-Mini-TV-Dongle-1G/32652195789.html?ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_1_10034_507_10032_10020_10017_10005_10006_10021_10022_10009_10008_10018_10019,searchweb201603_1&btsid=46589507-650c-4e69-b5dc-0102f072f005

I can't see the link that Allyall posted for the MXQ - which page is it on, or could you repost it please? = sorry, saw that link now. Page opens up in French for me. Its at 29.98USD now but unfortunately 25USD shipping fee to where I'm at - free shipping to Ireland though.

I should mention that I'm abroad at the moment and in a country that I will not get hit for any customs or taxes - so that doesn't come into the equation for me.

i shot for the mxv the 2gig or ram sold sold it to me.. will see how it goes and then try find a custom rom for it it not ok. tempted to get a mk808b plus too now....

• Advertisement

Bought this one, should be delivered tomorrow.

Any one any opinions on it?

Advertisement