Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Anybody recommend a smallish Android player which handles h.265(HEVC) smoothly? Mainly for use when travelling. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

degsie wrote: »
    Anybody recommend a smallish Android player which handles h.265(HEVC) smoothly? Mainly for use when travelling. Thanks.

http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B01CU7J9RK/

OR

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-MK808B-Plus-i7-Amlogic-M805-Android-4-4-Quad-Core-TV-Stick-Dongle-H-265/32267391215.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

According to the sellers who shall not be named, iit's a kodi bug.

They tell me to uninstall/reinstall and it should rectify itself. I'll give it a lash when I get in.

Uninstalled and reinstalled mine.

No change.

Might install older version of kodi.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Allyall wrote: »

Thats seriously cheap but looks like no delivery option for Ireland.

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Thats seriously cheap but looks like no delivery option for Ireland.

Crud. There was yesterday.
    They may have stopped. A lot of the Chinese sellers won't deliver to Ireland via Amazon. They might have thought they wouldn't be expected to from France.
    Their UK store is here - you may catch it when it drops - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017CO0XOE/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,071 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Crud. There was yesterday.
    They may have stopped. A lot of the Chinese sellers won't deliver to Ireland via Amazon.

any idea why?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    any idea why?

They get asked to refund tax or they have to use legit shipping.
    It's cheaper for them to ship via the Netherlands, not pay tax and skip through (even though you've already paid the tax to Amazon).
    For some reason, items seem to skip through unnoticed in the UK.
    You could order two of them to parcel motel for €35.95 or whatever.

They get asked to refund tax or they have to use legit shipping.
    It's cheaper for them to ship via the Netherlands, not pay tax and skip through (even though you've already paid the tax to Amazon).
    For some reason, items seem to skip through unnoticed in the UK.
    You could order two of them to parcel motel for €35.95 or whatever.

Doesn't accept PM address also :(

degsie wrote: »
    Doesn't accept PM address also :(

Try Addresspal, it has mainland UK address. Should/Might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

Is there a shop around Dublin that you can view these boxes in the shop? Somewhere around Bray, Dun Laoghaire, Sandyford, Dundrum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

leemaree wrote: »
    Is there a shop around Dublin that you can view these boxes in the shop? Somewhere around Bray, Dun Laoghaire, Sandyford, Dundrum?

I seen an ad on adverts.ie,he has told people in the comments they can call to his shop and see it working before buying

http://www.adverts.ie/media-players/android-tv-box-hi-speed-m8s-plus-free-sport-package-quad-core-android-4-4-rooted-kodi-fully-loaded-mali450-4k-h265-2-4ghz-wifi-mini-pc/7105378?notification=fa9891234fb0ec77af0f462c3da70a5f-1458624053#comment_66059673

• Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Hi

Parents have a Samsung Smart TV and from June Skype will not be supported so I was looking at getting them a basic android box. I have an Minix U1 but they don’t want to spend mad money on one and then pick up a webcam so they can Skype via the TV. They are not technically minded but once I show them they should be ok. Its more hassle to attach a laptop to the TV so was thinking a basic android box would do and I can show them benefits of this. They both have android phones so should be ok loading up apps and I can show them things like kodi etc

Does anyone have any suggestions for one that wont crash and any problems no issue with support online etc

Hi

Parents have a Samsung Smart TV and from June Skype will not be supported so I was looking at getting them a basic android box. I have an Minix U1 but they don’t want to spend mad money on one and then pick up a webcam so they can Skype via the TV. They are not technically minded but once I show them they should be ok. Its more hassle to attach a laptop to the TV so was thinking a basic android box would do and I can show them benefits of this. They both have android phones so should be ok loading up apps and I can show them things like kodi etc

Does anyone have any suggestions for one that wont crash and any problems no issue with support online etc

Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire Stick would probably be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

great price ally :pac:

might grab couple these
    i can get sent to uk

Try Addresspal, it has mainland UK address. Should/Might work.

Didn't work either :( Guess this one is not for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 LionelHutz32

Want to get a device mainly for running kodi ...thinking about either a fire stick or fire tv but can someone tell me which version of the cheaper Chinese android boxes would be closest to the fire tv in terms of performance? Would it be something like the M8S 2GB?

Also, if I'm just running Kodi, do most people just go for the fire stick rather than the fire tv? From what I can see the only differences are the 4k and a bit more power ..is it worth then paying extra for the fire TV?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,319 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Pocoyo wrote: »
    Dont get a fire stick!!!!! android M8 smart box with a gyroscopic air mouse (very important) not air mouse but gyroscopic air mouse aka fly mouse.

If you purchase a smart box (not fire stick) pm me your email and i will forward you the required download links out of the goodness of my heart.

I cancelled my TV package thats how great these boxes are.

first time I've heard of one of those

I have an M8S+

Nice bit of kit

edit: just watched video of gyroscope mouse - I think it would annoy the life out of me

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

looking to buy this box, I will be using it to stream movies and sports and I also want to install some Indian and Pakistani channels on it, I believe i can do that with Kodi?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GFtime-Android-Amlogic-Loaded-Ultimate-Streaming-Players/dp/B01CEA64D0/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Is this box best for my use?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,682 ✭✭✭flutered

Want to get a device mainly for running kodi ...thinking about either a fire stick or fire tv but can someone tell me which version of the cheaper Chinese android boxes would be closest to the fire tv in terms of performance? Would it be something like the M8S 2GB?

Also, if I'm just running Kodi, do most people just go for the fire stick rather than the fire tv? From what I can see the only differences are the 4k and a bit more power ..is it worth then paying extra for the fire TV?

Thanks
    i can only say that none of the cheaper boxes compare with the fire tv stick, it can run kodi at a broadband speed of 0.80 megs down, i am more than happy with it

flutered wrote: »
    i can only say that none of the cheaper boxes compare with the fire tv stick, it can run kodi at a broadband speed of 0.80 megs down, i am more than happy with it

Ok thanks flutered, I might go with the stick so rather than the tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ok thanks flutered, I might go with the stick so rather than the tv.

Fire TV is great. I have one and got one for my dad last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

lawred2 wrote: »
    first time I've heard of one of those

I have an M8S+

Nice bit of kit

edit: just watched video of gyroscope mouse - I think it would annoy the life out of me

I have a gyroscopic mouse/keyboard.It is a bit like using a Wii Controller.Once you get used to it,you never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,319 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

zerks wrote: »
    I have a gyroscopic mouse/keyboard.It is a bit like using a Wii Controller.Once you get used to it,you never go back.

what make/model do you have?

would you recommend it?

I have a small wireless logitech multimedia keyboard... has a trackpad on the right

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

flutered wrote: »

.80 ? Less than 1mb and it is working well ??

eamonnq wrote: »

I was reading whereby some people were having issues with the fire stick and the latest Kodi release 16.0 ...so I'm now starting to think I might be better off with the TV rather than stick regardless of the price difference?

Is anyone running the latest Kodi on the Fire Stick without issues?

I was reading whereby some people were having issues with the fire stick and the latest Kodi release 16.0 ...so I'm now starting to think I might be better off with the TV rather than stick regardless of the price difference?

i do not have any issues, i am running jarvis, perhaps what suits me may not be to everyones taste

eamonnq wrote: »
    yup, in the evenings it can go that low, i have never had to turn it off, all i use it for is to watch a movie, nothing else

if you go to the kodi or is it tv addons home page, they have a list of what they consider the best 10 boxes to view their products

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I don't think you should be naming that site, maybe against boards rules. Knowing what is on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

What are the MX boxes like is there much support for them online as this may do for parents for Skype..

I have a Minix box but most of these not worth price just for Skype and kodi. Also not that much interested in Firestick.

Also anyone ordered this can get it delivered to parcel motel if UK?

Advertisement