Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CarFan100

Hi
    I have no sound on kodi streams for about a minute
    It kicks in if I fast forward the show or wait

What might cause this
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

Complete noob here.

Can I download Kodi onto a windows 7 laptop and watch tv shows & films?

I tried downloading showbox and watching through google chrome browser, but it wasn't very good, kept crashing & eventually my laptop started acting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

daveyeh wrote: »
    Complete noob here.

Can I download Kodi onto a windows 7 laptop and watch tv shows & films?

I tried downloading showbox and watching through google chrome browser, but it wasn't very good, kept crashing & eventually my laptop started acting up.

Ya you can download it,

http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_FAQ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

Allyall wrote: »
    I don't get when anyone makes that statement, if they mean another more expensive box that does the same thing..

Anyway, this is decent and shipping times can be good. €37.13 - https://www.fasttech.com/products/4460200

Make sure to select the UK model or you'll end up with a 2 pin PSU!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

They Ship from China for most items. I've ordered from them before and it was fast, but that doesn't mean that it will be next time.
    I think they bulk ship on a Thursday to Europe and then the pallets are distributed, but I can't remember where I picked that idea up from. It is the same way Aliexpress used to do it.

It was supposed to be released with the s905II onboard, but not sure why it got released now, they may have other ideas or see the market saturation. It's apparently got the same board as the MX Plus, so maybe they decided to run with it rather than wait.

By the way, that wasn't a dig at the above poster, I was just saying that I don't get why people are so quick to pay more for something that does the same thing. The MXQ may have 1GB Ram, but dual boots nicely into Openelec and the difference in speed wouldn't be an issue to most people, especially not someone that had never used one before.

Can openelec be put on that box????

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Redriddick wrote:
    Can openelec be put on that box????

Yes....i am using openelec from my SD card and its too good...compared to android...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

tharmor wrote: »
    Yes....i am using openelec from my SD card and its too good...compared to android...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/NPET-MXQ-Pro-Box-Cortex-A53/dp/B01A33EVYY?ie=UTF8&keywords=mxq%202gb&qid=1459366555&ref_=sr_1_1&sr=8-1

Is that the box you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Got an e-mail today with a link to this page

https://www.tvaddons.ag/spring2016-androidtv/

Thought it might be of interest to some of ye in this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Can anyone help a man out - looking for an invite for starstreams can someone pleaseeeee help

• Registered Users Posts: 29,072 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Can anyone help a man out - looking for an invite for starstreams can someone pleaseeeee help

careful now!

• Advertisement

Redriddick wrote:
    Is that the box you got?

Yes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭galljga1

Anyone recommend a keyboard for M8S?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Anyone got a pipo x8?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Anyone got a pipo x8?

Yup, I do. A few others have spoken about it way back in this thread too.

I haven't had a problem with it, doesn't take long to boot and the usual applications have no problem running on it. I only use Windows on it, so can't comment on the Android. Get yourself a good remote like the mele f10 and you are sorted.

Should point out that the screen isn't great if you plan to use it without a TV (dunno why anyone would). Also I've it connected via ethernet cable, so can't comment on the WiFi.

I would definitely buy a Pipo again if I'm in the marker for one.

Benzino wrote: »
    Yup, I do. A few others have spoken about it way back in this thread too.

I haven't had a problem with it, doesn't take long to boot and the usual applications have no problem running on it. I only use Windows on it, so can't comment on the Android. Get yourself a good remote like the mele f10 and you are sorted.

Should point out that the screen isn't great if you plan to use it without a TV (dunno why anyone would). Also I've it connected via ethernet cable, so can't comment on the WiFi.

I would definitely buy a Pipo again if I'm in the marker for one.

Can you do me a small favour Benzino?

Lately my pipo has started to stop displaying movies/shows on kodi on the device itself after so many secs.

For example, if I put my remote to sleep, after a while the pipo kinda blanks itself off, and the display comes through the tv only. This isn't a problem except that if I wake the remote, the pipo screen goes back into life, which kicks me off the movie and makes me resort to having to start over.

This is only a problem when booted into android more (windows runs the two displays simultaneously, and perfectly)

Perhaps there's an android screen setting I'm missing, or is there a setting within kodi to keep the pipos screen Drom going to sleep after a while? I'm not sure.

I'm using kodi 16 (Jarvis)

If someone could test the pipo on android with Jarvis, I'd be much obliged.

Cheers

Can you do me a small favour Benzino?

Lately my pipo has started to stop displaying movies/shows on kodi on the device itself after so many secs.

For example, if I put my remote to sleep, after a while the pipo kinda blanks itself off, and the display comes through the tv only. This isn't a problem except that if I wake the remote, the pipo screen goes back into life, which kicks me off the movie and makes me resort to having to start over.

This is only a problem when booted into android more (windows runs the two displays simultaneously, and perfectly)

Perhaps there's an android screen setting I'm missing, or is there a setting within kodi to keep the pipos screen Drom going to sleep after a while? I'm not sure.

I'm using kodi 16 (Jarvis)

If someone could test the pipo on android with Jarvis, I'd be much obliged.

Cheers

I can certainly check it out, it might not be till tomorrow or Monday till I get a chance, as I don't use the android side myself so need to set it up.

Edit: Is it possible to just have it displayed on the tv and not on the box when in Android?

I can certainly check it out, it might not be till tomorrow or Monday till I get a chance, as I don't use the android side myself so need to set it up.

I used to only use Windows also, but I find the ease of android and its user friendly interface much more welcoming.

That and I've lost the ability to wake the box when in Windows, resulting in me having to haul me well padded back side across the living room to power up the box.

No biggie, but I'd like to know out of curiosity.

Cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

galljga1 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a keyboard for M8S?

Mele F10 or if you want larger, Logitech K400

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

tharmor wrote: »

what is OpenElec?!
    Is it just an interface thats easy to use instead of Kodi, or runs over kodi or what?
    is it the same as Vidon XBMC player?
    www cannot post urls! ...vidon.me/vidon_xbmc.htm

http://m.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_124593.html?wid=3
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item-desc/32573842585.html

Is there much difference in these models and are they reliable? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CarFan100 wrote: »
    http://m.Shtiksosss.com/tv-box/pp_1ssddee3.html?wid=3
    http://m.aliexpress.com/item-desc/32573842585.html

Is there much difference in these models and are they reliable? Thanks

They don't come with a remote or (air)mouse.
    The MK808B plus would be better. But I wouldn't buy it from the crowd you linked to.

Others sell it
    With Airmouse/Remote

Without Airmouse/Remote

They don't come with a remote or (air)mouse.
    The MK808B plus would be better. But I wouldn't buy it from the crowd you linked to.

Others sell it
    With Airmouse/Remote

Without Airmouse/Remote

Thanks allyall for the info and links
    Is there anywhere these TV sticks can be compared?
    Do they give any heatsink trouble nowadays?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CarFan100 wrote: »
    Thanks allyall for the info and links
    Is there anywhere these TV sticks can be compared?
    Do they give any heatsink trouble nowadays?

The MK808B Plus have no heatsink issues I've heard of. They are the same as the MXQ box, but in stick form.
    You could compare them on Freaktab, XDA, AndroidPit etc. But I don't know of a site that compares them side b side like for there are for other products.

E.G. (old thread, and I didn't read it) - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s805/others-ab/510284-mk809iv-plus-vs-mk808b-plus

The Firestick is a great/better option too..

The MK808B Plus have no heatsink issues I've heard of. They are the same as the MXQ box, but in stick form.
    You could compare them on Freaktab, XDA, AndroidPit etc. But I don't know of a site that compares them side b side like for there are for other products.

E.G. (old thread, and I didn't read it) - http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s805/others-ab/510284-mk809iv-plus-vs-mk808b-plus

The Firestick is a great/better option too..
    Thanks again
    I looked at the firestick, may just get one

I used to only use Windows also, but I find the ease of android and its user friendly interface much more welcoming.

That and I've lost the ability to wake the box when in Windows, resulting in me having to haul me well padded back side across the living room to power up the box.

No biggie, but I'd like to know out of curiosity.

Cheers mate

Hey, I've had a look at this and yeah, the same thing is happening to me too. I can see how it would be very frustrating. Not quite sure why it's happening either, I've read people saying the new Kodi has some bugs with wake locks, but I installed an app that is meant to keep the device from sleeping, and it didn't make any difference.

Hey, I've had a look at this and yeah, the same thing is happening to me too. I can see how it would be very frustrating. Not quite sure why it's happening either, I've read people saying the new Kodi has some bugs with wake locks, but I installed an app that is meant to keep the device from sleeping, and it didn't make any difference.

Cheers mate, so its not just me then.

It's flying along on Windows, and oddly enough too, I'm now able to wake the pipo with the air mouse (there was quite a big Windows update a few days ago, so maybe due to that)

I think I'll just stick with Windows for the foreseeable. Quite an odd one though.

bigmike99 wrote:
    what is OpenElec?! Is it just an interface thats easy to use instead of Kodi, or runs over kodi or what? is it the same as Vidon XBMC player? www cannot post urls! ...vidon.me/vidon_xbmc.htm

Openelec is linux based... Only kodi will be setup on it....since it does not have android apps of google running in background...it works really well...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,166 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

It's on Amazon. I'd pay a bit more for something better

Just on this.......

I have an Android box, which works fine. This one to be exact:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015ZAMYM6?ref_=cfb_at_prodpg

I'm looking to get another one but I'm looking for something maybe a bit faster and just a bit better all round.

Any recommendations? Is there a particular box that everyone tends to get as standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,968 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just on this.......

I have an Android box, which works fine. This one to be exact:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015ZAMYM6?ref_=cfb_at_prodpg

I'm looking to get another one but I'm looking for something maybe a bit faster and just a bit better all round.

Any recommendations? Is there a particular box that everyone tends to get as standard?

I have the Amazon Fire TV. Was £65 recently but could be back up to £80 now.

It handles everything I throw at it perfectly.

• Advertisement

According to the sellers who shall not be named, iit's a kodi bug.

They tell me to uninstall/reinstall and it should rectify itself. I'll give it a lash when I get in.

Advertisement