Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jharr100

MK808B Plus Android TV Box Quad Core Amlogic Smart TV Box android4.4 XBMC Media Player 1G/8G 1080p including F10 Deluxe keyboard
    http://s.aliexpress.com/Qz6jE3eM
    (from AliExpress Android)
    Was looking at the above configuration..

I have a fire stick but since kodi 16 came out its slowed up slightly. Also nervous as to whether amazon will continue to turn a blind eye to the side loading of kodi .. also firestarter has been disabled after the latest fire stick update so the menu is not as slick as it used to be..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

lawred2 wrote: »
    what make/model do you have?

would you recommend it?

I have a small wireless logitech multimedia keyboard... has a trackpad on the right

It's one of these: http://www.mymemory.ie/Keyboards---Mice/Sumvision/Sumvision-Freestyle-Air-Mouse_Keyboard-for-Nano-%26-Android-TV-Box

I like it,once you get used to waving it to move the cursor it's great,it also has arrows if you can't handle the cursor moving by waving the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭johnnyb6

Sorry for jumping in, but can I as a question, I got a MSQ box few months ago and my daughter was watching Pretty little liars on shows on the Show box app, but when she goes into it now " video not available try other server " comes up now. Also I notice some of the files on Phoneix are gone so. Can anyone advise me how to sort it, or can i.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

johnnyb6 wrote: »
    Sorry for jumping in, but can I as a question, I got a MSQ box few months ago and my daughter was watching Pretty little liars on shows on the Show box app, but when she goes into it now " video not available try other server " comes up now. Also I notice some of the files on Phoneix are gone so. Can anyone advise me how to sort it, or can i.

Careful now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭BandMember

johnnyb6 wrote: »

Maybe you should read the thread to see what is and isn't allowed to be talked about before you "jump in"....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭BandMember

zerks wrote: »
    It's one of these: http://www.mymemory.ie/Keyboards---Mice/Sumvision/Sumvision-Freestyle-Air-Mouse_Keyboard-for-Nano-%26-Android-TV-Box

I like it,once you get used to waving it to move the cursor it's great,it also has arrows if you can't handle the cursor moving by waving the thing.

I have pretty much the exact same one (different brand) and have recommended it to loads of people. A great piece of kit and works great with any box, makes things so much easier and faster. I'd highly recommend purchasing one, you can get them on Adverts if you prefer to shop local.

Nice one zerks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The Rii mini i25 is a great remote too, and handy, as you can teach it all of your other remotes - eliminating all of the swapping between them. Although it's gone up in price in China, it's as cheap to buy it here, and probably better to pay the extra €2 and buy it from within Europe for faster delivery (around €24).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Allyall wrote: »
    The Rii mini i25 is a great remote too, and handy, as you can teach it all of your other remotes - eliminating all of the swapping between them. Although it's gone up in price in China, it's as cheap to buy it here, and probably better to pay the extra €2 and buy it from within Europe for faster delivery (around €24).

I have this one, kindly sent free to me by another boards member from this thread (brand new)

Couldn't recommend it highly enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭OldRio

I wonder if I could pick someones brains on this problem.

I have a M8S box. Great little device. It does everything I want and them some more.
    I recently changed my google password (big mistake)

I have went into settings in the box. Then into add a new account. Then into google. Then into existing account obviously to change password.

Fill in new details. Press done. Then the following message.
    'Couldn't sign in
    There was a problem communicating with google servers.
    Try again later'

A quick search on the internet shows this is a recurring problem with android devices and Google play store.
    I reset day and time. Cleared cache. Tried and retried but same result.
    Before I do a factory reset any other thoughts?

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

What do you need access to your google account on the box for? Apps ?
    If so just download the apks to a usb stick and install them that way.

• Advertisement

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    What do you need access to your google account on the box for? Apps ?
    If so just download the apks to a usb stick and install them that way.

I use youtube a lot.
    I might just make a new account with google via the andoid box and to hell with trying to change the existing account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

OldRio wrote: »
    I use youtube a lot.
    I might just make a new account with google via the andoid box and to hell with trying to change the existing account.

Hello OldRio,
    maybe you can try some of the following to see if it helps.

1 : 2iaamh4.jpg

Or

2 : Delete the Account fully from the box and login again.

Or

3 : Try buy/install something from the PlayStore and Login that way.

bazz...... You're a star. Went into play store and screen said re enter password.
    The thing is I never use the playstore.

Thanks again. All sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭CarFan100

Allyall wrote: »

great price Allyall!

why would the box only have 1GB ram considering the rest of the specs?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

CarFan100 wrote: »
    great price Allyall!

I'm not sure. I know they were bigging up the S905 at the time to say it wouldn't need a heatsink and it could double the workload, so maybe that's why (and to keep costs down).

Before you buy, be aware that the S905 has a lot of bugs in it. As had the S802 and S812, of which many seem (now) to be ironed out. But while there are still bugs, no guarantee that they'll be fixed soon.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

CarFan100 wrote: »
    great price Allyall!

There was nearly 1000 units in stock last night and this morning its out of stock. Strange

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭GY A1

There was nearly 1000 units in stock last night and this morning its out of stock. Strange

alot reading this thread :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

is there one of these boxes that just does TV?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Sorry for going slightly off topic, but I know there a few people on here who have a mele f10 mouse. Just wondering if anybody has had any issues with IR functionality of it? Mine seems to have just stopped working.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

Benzino wrote: »
    Sorry for going slightly off topic, but I know there a few people on here who have a mele f10 mouse. Just wondering if anybody has had any issues with IR functionality of it? Mine seems to have just stopped working.

just going to order the PRO version, seems the best out there? that or minix is the best choice it would seem.
    would you recommend? Well prob not if your IR broke, My current phone has IR anyway so the wifi if what id use it with anyway.
    the IR on it can read and mirror other remotes, you have to pair buttons one by one?

• Advertisement

bigmike99 wrote: »
    just going to order the PRO version, seems the best out there? that or minix is the best choice it would seem.
    would you recommend? Well prob not if your IR broke, My current phone has IR anyway so the wifi if what id use it with anyway.
    the IR on it can read and mirror other remotes, you have to pair buttons one by one?

I have the deluxe version (not sure what the difference between deluxe and pro is), and other than this issue, yeah I would definitely recommend it. Yeah the IR can learn commands, though for my TV it worked out of the box for must functions (volume, mute and navigation).

Amazon are gonna refund me so I've just ordered another one. The one thing I will say is that is can be hard to right click on items (in windows at least) because if you move the mouse while right clicking, it detects it has a drag selection. And because it's light, it's hard not to move it when pressing a button.

Edit: Just a heads up, if you are interested in the Deluxe version, if you purchase this one a promotion of approximately -£13 is applied, meaning you can get it for about £10. It doesn't mention it on the page, but proceed to checkout and it's applied.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Irish Warri0r

Dreambox TV Ireland are they safe to buy from what's there after sales service like?Anyone any experience with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭jharr100

T8 PRO Android 5.1 TV Box AML8726-S812 Quad-core DDR3 2G Nand Flash 8G HDMI WIFI Bluetooth KODI Set Top Box
    http://s.aliexpress.com/yqeEjeMN

Any opinions on the specs ?
    Thanks

jharr100 wrote: »
    MK808B Plus Android TV Box Quad Core Amlogic Smart TV Box android4.4 XBMC Media Player 1G/8G 1080p including F10 Deluxe keyboard
    http://s.aliexpress.com/Qz6jE3eM
    Was looking at the above configuration..

I have a fire stick but since kodi 16 came out its slowed up slightly. Also nervous as to whether amazon will continue to turn a blind eye to the side loading of kodi .. also firestarter has been disabled after the latest fire stick update so the menu is not as slick as it used to be..

I have this exact configuration. Only proviso is that the WiFi receiver is not spectacular on the MK808B+ sticks. (usb ethernet available too)

Not an issue for me since TV is beside router, but something to bear in mind.

Big fan of the remote in any case. Stick handles all I've thrown at it. Swapped OpenElec onto it instead of Android too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads I'm having an issue with some popular apps. I don't want too get this locked do anyone familiar with "best" apps could they drop me a pm and I'll explain my problem thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

I have the deluxe version (not sure what the difference between deluxe and pro is), and other than this issue, yeah I would definitely recommend it. Yeah the IR can learn commands, though for my TV it worked out of the box for must functions (volume, mute and navigation).

Edit: Just a heads up, if you are interested in the Deluxe version, if you purchase this one a promotion of approximately -£13 is applied, meaning you can get it for about £10. It doesn't mention it on the page, but proceed to checkout and it's applied.

lovely, thanks for the discount info.
    I have to go with this version so becasue my box arrives next week and no remote,so amazon my only choice to get it on time. pity amazon doesnt have the Pro version.
    F10 PRO comes with speaker and mic to use for voice commands or as a telephone for skype
    ALSO audio into the remote which would be really cool for watching tv the bed with headphones when girlfriend is alseep

The box that is coming os a Dual Boot Win10/ andoird 4.4 tronsmart ara IZ37. 2gb/32gb intel atom inside!
    Anyone have any feedback on that device?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

For anyone that are relying on wifi but would prefer to have their boxes hardwired these are reduced in Argos: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1090930.htm?_$ja=tsid%3A30390|prd%3A7623798

• Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Amazon are gonna refund me so I've just ordered another one. The one thing I will say is that is can be hard to right click on items (in windows at least) because if you move the mouse while right clicking, it detects it has a drag selection. And because it's light, it's hard not to move it when pressing a button.

Would this work with the Fire TV? I can't seem to see on the description.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Would this work with the Fire TV? I can't seem to see on the description.

No idea I'm afraid, don't know much about Fire TV. Amazon are excellent for returns though, so they might take it back if it doesn't, worth looking in to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,967 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

No idea I'm afraid, don't know much about Fire TV. Amazon are excellent for returns though, so they might take it back if it doesn't, worth looking in to.

Cheers. Something tells me the Fire TV remote works off Bluetooth.

Advertisement