Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] Challenge Galway 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Never done Roth so not in any argument on that, just pointing out that Roth is €450 to enter rather than €380 that PWEI claimed.

Roth is more expensive than Galway (and rightly so apparently)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Never done Roth so not in any argument on that, just pointing out that Roth is €450 to enter rather than €380 that PWEI claimed.

Nope Galway is more - €475

http://www.challenge-galway.eu/prices/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

tunney wrote: »
    Roth has a nice safe swim. .

Someone died on the swim the year I did it (2011).

No body of water is safe.

The risks are merely mitigated by the ability of the athletes and the arrangement of safety crew etc..

tunney wrote: »
    Nope Galway is more - €475

http://www.challenge-galway.eu/prices/
    It is now, obviously. Late entries always are more expensive.

When you had the chance to enter Roth, Galway would have been cheaper. Anyway, hope the above poster has fun at Roth

Jesus wept :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I said it was €380 because that's what I paid in 2014.

Still way better value than Galway which is the point I was trying to make.
    Roth has 6000 volunteers every year, 250,000 spectators and has won the title of “best Race of the Year" five years in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pot p

Did I read the thread tittle right??? Is it not "challenge Galway 2016"?????? Think mods may change it to "challenge Galway vs challenge Roth"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

According to their Facebook page there is only 50 slots remaining for the half and 75 remaining for the full distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Shell to Run

J o e wrote: »
    According to their Facebook page there is only 50 slots remaining for the half and 75 remaining for the full distance.

From their bookface page:

1 week Notice...... Only 50 slots remaining for the half and 75 Slots remaining in the FULL before price increase on the 1st March. We expect the slots to sell out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Anybody interested in taking my full spot for thr cost of the change (€100) and what id get back of I cancelled at this stage (30% of original price I paid) so in total you'd have the full for less than 200. pm me before tomorrow evening if interested

If this is not allowed mods please delete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 faheyja

If anybody else is looking to get rid of a full entry and wants to organise a transfer get it touch.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

faheyja wrote: »
    If anybody else is looking to get rid of a full entry and wants to organise a transfer get it touch.
    Thanks

May have an entry for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Mr Tony Stark

sconhome wrote: »
    May have an entry for you.

I also have to cancel due to injury(gutted). I dont know anything about how to go about cancelling or refunds etc.
    Its for the full so if someone is looking for a full, we could come to some arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

I also have to cancel due to injury(gutted). I dont know anything about how to go about cancelling or refunds etc.
    Its for the full so if someone is looking for a full, we could come to some arrangement.

numorouno
    Anybody interested in taking my full spot for thr cost of the change (€100) and what id get back of I cancelled at this stage (30% of original price I paid) so in total you'd have the full for less than 200. pm me before tomorrow evening if interested.

If it is this deal as 3 posts ago I would take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Hopefully, though the article doesn't say she is racing - maybe she is handing out the medals? Slightly odd that the bio they posted ends up talking about the forthcoming 2008 season.

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

very much doubt she is racing it, having just had a kid. show up and get a few pics taken, give a few soundbites, and pocket a few bob from challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mossym wrote: »
    very much doubt she is racing it, having just had a kid. show up and get a few pics taken, give a few soundbites, and pocket a few bob from challenge.

Maybe she is there to sort the road closures?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

I would suggest if she was making a return to competitive racing, Challenge Galway wouldn't be the event she would choose. But still a nice score for the Challenge Organisers all the same

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

on who is actually racing, was listening to Cup of Tri podcast this morning and they were interviewing Joe Skipper, he is doing Challenge Galway as a warm up for Roth where he is aiming for a sub 8 in an effort to take the British IM record.

stay close to his bike time and you'll be doing okay..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 keacal

Hi, there were a few entries posted up on previous page. I am looking for an entry - don't want to pay full whack as have just decided to do this. If someone's unable to participate and wants to organise a transfer I'd pay that plus whatever agreed. Pity to waste the entry & for me to pay full whack at this stage.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 macman9963

iv had to pull out of the challenge half. PM me if your interested in the entry

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SPH1

Unable to race due to injury. Entry for Half Distance €180 inc name change. Current price of entry €249. PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

macman9963 wrote: »
    iv had to pull out of the challenge half. PM me if your interested in the entry

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Macgio

Entry to Challenge Half distance available, if anyone is interested; €180 including name change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Anyone know where you can buy the 32Gi nutrition stuff.

Haven't heard great things about it so far, but still would prefer to try it out if need any of it on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Pretty sure gottarun stock it in the west and base2race in Dublin. I've tried the chew able tablet things, found them alright, bit chalky but a nice alternative to gels. No stomach issues with them at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

joey100 wrote: »
    Pretty sure gottarun stock it in the west and base2race in Dublin. I've tried the chew able tablet things, found them alright, bit chalky but a nice alternative to gels. No stomach issues with them at all.

Thanks Joey, in Dublin so will pop out to B2R.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Anyone know where you can buy the 32Gi nutrition stuff.

Haven't heard great things about it so far, but still would prefer to try it out if need any of it on the day.

To be fair any time I see negative reviews of nutrition I take the proverbial pinch of salt with it.

Most people stuff doesn't agree with are taking it wrong. Wrong timing, wrong quantities etc. I have the 32gi in stock and can't keep the Chews or drink in stock (only in sachets at the moment)

The bars are 'grand' and the dry gel tablets are different. Not to everyones taste but maybe passion flower and mango is too exotic for our Irish pallets ;)

Advertisement