Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Does anyone know how many are left in the running for this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

Mcmuffin81 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how many are left in the running for this??

About 470 odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

There were 680 tested at stage two. So 200 odd were eliminated due to inconsistency! Panel most likely of 150 but if you are top 100 you should be guaranteed a job at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭stoller

Whats the start date for the class in june? Im just looking to know when im handing in my notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

stoller wrote: »
    Whats the start date for the class in june? Im just looking to know when im handing in my notice.

May I thought? Not June.

• Advertisement

stringbox wrote: »
    May I thought? Not June.

The current class started on 25th Jan and recruit class runs for 14 weeks I believe. This means they pass out around end of april / start of may.

Its unlikely it will be may.

The current class started on 25th Jan and recruit class runs for 14 weeks I believe. This means they pass out around end of april / start of may.

Its unlikely it will be may.

They started the 26th for 13 weeks according to my mate who is on it.

But I see what you mean.

The OBI instructors are hardly standing around leaning on shovels for 5 weeks after a class passes out though.

13 weeks from the last week in Jan would have them passing out on the 22 April.

They started the 26th for 13 weeks according to my mate who is on it.

But I see what you mean.

The OBI instructors are hardly standing around leaning on shovels for 5 weeks after a class passes out though.

13 weeks from the last week in Jan would have them passing out on the 22 April.

Nah it was the 25th it said so on the dfb social media accounts. The instructors rotate in and out of operational duty so its unlikely the same instructors will be teaching on the next course altho im sure some will. They won't sit around waiting for work to come their way they fall back into their watch. It would be some turnaround (and it may well work out like this) to have classes back to back with no gap in between!

Nah it was the 25th it said so on the dfb social media accounts. The instructors rotate in and out of operational duty so its unlikely the same instructors will be teaching on the next course altho im sure some will. They won't sit around waiting for work to come their way they fall back into their watch. It would be some turnaround (and it may well work out like this) to have classes back to back with no gap in between!

1st external class will start in May with the 2nd class pencilled in for November.

Confident of making it into the first class?? Let alone a place on the panel??

• Advertisement

Chungwun wrote: »
    Confident of making it into the first class?? Let alone a place on the panel??

Didn't his uncle promise him the job ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Firefighters on RTE 1. What a job! Even if I scraped it on to a panel I'd be delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Well for some!!

Stoller obviously has friends in high places! I would hope the competition is based on genuine merit?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Stoller obviously has friends in high places! I would hope the competition is based on genuine merit?

You'd be very naive then!

So it's nods and winks? Are the majority of us wasting our time?

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

As a whole mostly on merit. A few nods and winks from the right people will get someone over the line though. Same as most jobs.

bono_v wrote: »
    As a whole mostly on merit. A few nods and winks from the right people will get someone over the line though. Same as most jobs.

The aptitude test being handled by PAS was the best thing that could have happened for people like me with no relations.

What amazes me is the people with connections always seem to get through the aptitudes to be really in a position to use their contacts at interview! I thought the aptitudes were truly on merit but again is anything anymore. The flip side to it is i have family in it and friends none of them had any connections proving that merit can count. However clout is always used. It would be hard to take though if the panel was virtually already decided before anyone gets interviewed.

Your some spoofer! You must be here trying to put people off for your own gain or some other agenda.

Your the one who claim in earlier posts that your family is in the job and now your tryin to portray yourself as something different by saying are the majority of us wasting our time!!

• Advertisement

Your some spoofer! You must be here trying to put people off for your own gain or some other agenda.

Your the one who claim in earlier posts that your family is in the job and now your tryin to portray yourself as something different by saying are the majority of us wasting our time!!

Maybe Harry hoofer was sent here by God to wreck heads but it doesn't invalidate his point that people with friends and family already in the job have a much better shot.

Everyone else has suggested that merit isn't high on the agenda! So clearly clout rules. When you have guys like stoller handing in his notice already that throws everything into jeopardy. My contacts are not high enough up for clout and I got to this stage on my own merit thank you. But you would have to be stupid to think everyone who gets the job gets it on merit. The campaign is cleaner now than was back in the day but clout still remains.

Maybe Harry hoofer was sent here by God to wreck heads but it doesn't invalidate his point that people with friends and family already in the job have a much better shot.

That's exactly what he is doing and I'd advise anybody doing interviews, best thing to do is stay away from here. As was said before this is a competition, and some people will do anything to mess with the next.

You can say the same for any job in the world. But all you have to do is go in and do the best that you can do and hopefully that will be enough regardless of who you are up against.

And on the upside, this competition has to be the best chances in a long long time of you making a panel with such small numbers being interviewed. Probably a 1 in 2.5 chance of making the panel so look at it that way.

Maybe Harry hoofer was sent here by God to wreck heads but it doesn't invalidate his point that people with friends and family already in the job have a much better shot.[/QUOTE

How am I wrecking heads I'm calling a spade a spade. It takes gonads to claim you already have the job before being interviewed and if that is the case shame on everyone involved. Again my point is how do all these people with high up contacts always pass the aptitude!

Everyone else has suggested that merit isn't high on the agenda! So clearly clout rules. When you have guys like stoller handing in his notice already that throws everything into jeopardy. My contacts are not high enough up for clout and I got to this stage on my own merit thank you. But you would have to be stupid to think everyone who gets the job gets it on merit. The campaign is cleaner now than was back in the day but clout still remains.

You clout isn't high enough.

A few minutes ago you were part of the majority up against people with pull in the job.

A spoffer and WUM, stop putting doubts into others heads and just worry about yourself.

Stoller started this. He has the job according to him already or maybe he is wrecking heads! I'm just pointing out that it isn't a level playing field which has been confirmed by most tonight.

What are the figures at the moment anyway? 55 in May and a panel of 150?

I applied for the ESC too and there's rakes of retirements coming up so I'm feeling pretty good about my chances in the next 5 years.

You clout isn't high enough.

A few minutes ago you were part of the majority up against people with pull in the job.

A spoffer and WUM, stop putting doubts into others heads and just worry about yourself.

My contacts are not high enough. Quit mis quoting me! Stoller seems to escape your venom with a statement as ludicrous as his and inflammatory!

Chungwun you continually talk in peripheral terms "anyone doing interview stay well away from here" suggesting you are not part of the campaign if that is the case why are you so invested in this forum! Stoller is an expert at throwing grenades into the room and watching carnage unfold you might want to address your angst elsewhere!

• Advertisement

My contacts are not high enough. Quit mis quoting me! Stoller seems to escape your venom with a statement as ludicrous as his and inflammatory!

If you look back on the posts I did pull him up as well, twice!

Advertisement