Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I just attached photos to part one and two once, the girl in the office looked over my form, copyed my birth cert and results, didn't say anything about photos on other parts.

I however place something I think I rather removed from it but my printer was running out of ink. I placed in education/cert that I was doing a course. I think I should have mentioned it down below in other information also photos could have turned out better !

But I am happy with what I sent in, interview should be interesting with what dates we get. Will it be based on OOM, First name or Last Name or when the Application was processed! I'd imagine OOM mixed with did they get an application from the person. Any GRs/CD people apply ?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

TallGlass wrote: »
    Any GRs/CD people apply ?

Is it a big bonus being part of a voluntary organisation? I'd imagine not. In the RDF myself but couldn't see it giving me much of an extra boost in the process.

twinydavid wrote: »
    Is it a big bonus being part of a voluntary organisation? I'd imagine not. In the RDF myself but couldn't see it giving me much of an extra boost in the process.

I wouldn't be getting in a panic if you didn't put it that way, plenty of people when in the Garda who never had been in the GR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

CD or AFS would be a bonus in my opinion to be able to add into conversation in your interview. Also shows you have a genuine interest in the field.

In regards the RDF, there's a lot of former ones and ex military in the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭stoller

Being in the AFS would be of benefit but only if you have don't something while in the org. Anyone can join a vol org knowing dfb is coming out and it happens every time but that won't hold much weight they will spot this if you can't talk about your experiences. Simply joining last year or joining 5 years ago and doing nothing during that time will stand out in the wrong way to the interviewer. I know people in cd who do a lot in cd and some who joined a year or two and done barely anything. Simply joining isn't good enough you need to be proactive in your learning and show you are better than the next guy. That's my take on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Leaving cert and junior cert ordered last Friday arrived in the post today!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Leaving cert and junior cert ordered last Friday arrived in the post today!!

Now I just have to wreck the mothers head till she roots out my birth cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

stoller wrote: »
    Being in the AFS would be of benefit but only if you have don't something while in the org. Anyone can join a vol org knowing dfb is coming out and it happens every time but that won't hold much weight they will spot this if you can't talk about your experiences. Simply joining last year or joining 5 years ago and doing nothing during that time will stand out in the wrong way to the interviewer. I know people in cd who do a lot in cd and some who joined a year or two and done barely anything. Simply joining isn't good enough you need to be proactive in your learning and show you are better than the next guy. That's my take on it.

We'll that's pretty obvious. Of course your going to talk about what you have done and learned while with the AFS for it to bare any weight with the interviewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Emailed them this morning querying the amount of passport photos needed and they said "we require passport photos on all copies. A photocopy of your photo will be acceptable"

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭noler123

Is it the same place we did the aptitude tests that the application forms have to be dropped to? I'm going in this evening and trying to find out what time they are open til.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

No it's wood quay 4th floor

noler123 wrote: »
    Is it the same place we did the aptitude tests that the application forms have to be dropped to? I'm going in this evening and trying to find out what time they are open til.

I believe it's civic offices located on the quays

google maps location -> https://goo.gl/maps/nBLTh3EFCuJ2

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Dublin corporation offices wood quay block 4 floor 4

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Dublin corporation offices wood quay block 4 floor 4

Dublin City Council
    Human Resources Department
    Wood Quay
    Block 4
    Floor 4
    Civic Offices
    Dublin 8

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Did people send in full application form with 2 extra copies of part 2 (ie 3 part 2's) or a full application form and 3 extra copies of part 2

shaunac93 wrote: »
    Did people send in full application form with 2 extra copies of part 2 (ie 3 part 2's) or a full application form and 3 extra copies of part 2

Full and 3 copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

Are people putting down a referee from their current employer? Should I be unsuccessful I'd rather my current employer didn't know I've been looking to leave!

Also, I'll struggle to make it into town before 5pm to drop the application in. Does anyone know if they have a post/letterbox that it could be dropped into after hours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Went in today in person. They will facilitate requests if you have pre booked holidays or work commitments provided you tell them now when you send in the application and not wait for an interview date.

In relation to the order of merit for interview, it will not be done based on where you were placed after stage 2. It will be done on the order the applications are received provided everyone is eligible some people will not be, you must have passed English and Maths on whatever exam papers you submit. I believe you must also hold a driving licence. Plus if you had any run in with the law previously you will also be gone on that, after the vetting process. Most will pass this stage but there will be some who will be eliminated.

Went in today in person. They will facilitate requests if you have pre booked holidays or work commitments provided you tell them now when you send in the application and not wait for an interview date.

In relation to the order of merit for interview, it will not be done based on where you were placed after stage 2. It will be done on the order the applications are received provided everyone is eligible some people will not be, you must have passed English and Maths on whatever exam papers you submit. I believe you must also hold a driving licence. Plus if you had any run in with the law previously you will also be gone on that, after the vetting process. Most will pass this stage but there will be some who will be eliminated.

Fire.I.Am wrote: »
    Are people putting down a referee from their current employer? Should I be unsuccessful I'd rather my current employer didn't know I've been looking to leave!

Also, I'll struggle to make it into town before 5pm to drop the application in. Does anyone know if they have a post/letterbox that it could be dropped into after hours?

Your employer is only notified if you have been offered the job as in they will be contacted prior to giving you the job. If you don't pass interview no need to notify your employer. The building stays open late, you could drop it into reception.

• Advertisement

Full and 3 copies.

One full copy and 3 copies of part 2 was required.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

Your employer is only notified if you have been offered the job as in they will be contacted prior to giving you the job. If you don't pass interview no need to notify your employer. The building stays open late, you could drop it into reception.

Cheers Harry

One full copy and 3 copies of part 2 was required.

That's what I gave them

Jesus there on the ball. Original certs posted back to me today already.

Jesus there on the ball. Original certs posted back to me today already.

If you dropped them in by hand they give you them back straight away once they photocopy them.

Did you ask them or did you hear this from another source? I wouldn't mind going towards the end and I dropped mine in yesterday afternoon so I would imagine im way down the order

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

It's ordered at random usually.

It's ordered at random usually.

What way is the interview worked? Will we get more details on it with our date.

I assume it will be similar to the Garda interview?

stoller wrote: »
    Did you ask them or did you hear this from another source? I wouldn't mind going towards the end and I dropped mine in yesterday afternoon so I would imagine im way down the order

I specifically asked the girls at the counter, will we be called in order of merit, and she said no. Order is in which applications come back to them and once eligibility is confirmed. They also said they are unsure if we will receive an email or post to notify us of interview. Logically it should be email at this point as first up for interview doesn't have much time to get their competencies typed up and submitted.

• Advertisement

TallGlass wrote: »
    What way is the interview worked? Will we get more details on it with our date.

I assume it will be similar to the Garda interview?

A letter will issue with I assume competencies on it, the usual being "Team Player", "Problem solving", "Good communication" etc, with a time and date. DCC have alot to do after tomorrow they have to vet 500 people that can take time. I would imagine it will be late next week before we hear back.

Was the Garda interview competency based?

Advertisement