Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

The letters usually come in registered mail so it will need to be signed for or else collected at the post depo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

stoller wrote: »
    disaster - tomorrow hopefully. Doesn't give much time for the people in on the first day - 29th!

You'd expect at least a weeks notice! Especially if there are competencies to be returned.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

You'd expect at least a weeks notice! Especially if there are competencies to be returned.
    Very much doubt there'll be competencies to be returned.

DFB management want to make a panel of 150. City manager doesn't want it that many.

So nobody knows we the size the panel will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Chungwun wrote: »
    DFB management want to make a panel of 150. City manager doesn't want it that many.

So nobody knows we the size the panel will be.

Is that fresh information Chung?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Is that fresh information Chung?

I read similar information on Irish fire services forum back in August or so. The numbers might be new but the sentiment is the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭jayroyal

Do anyone here think the age factor will have a major bearing on how high someone gets on the panel?

With service ending at 55 they'll surely want at least 20 years service maybe even 25.

jayroyal wrote: »
    Do anyone here think the age factor will have a major bearing on how high someone gets on the panel?

With service ending at 55 they'll surely want at least 20 years service maybe even 25.

I heard rumours in Limerick that it goes the other way ie no lads younger than 35 so they don't have to pay full pension. I heard this from a stations officers son. As always though take rumours with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

I hope you're right!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Letters will be posted tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Letters will be posted tomorrow

Excellent thanks Arruabarrena, hopefully I will know Monday, but Tuesday by the latest with snail mail :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭123kid2014

Age doesn't matter at all, they don't care what age you are. I know a guy who got Galway full time and he's 48

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cathalmonk

Anyone hear anything yet???

cathalmonk wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything yet???

Like what?

Like what?

Dates for interviews.

Dates for interviews.

29th to 15th

29th to 15th

Thanks.

I meant had anyone actually received a date for an interview yet??

Thanks.

I meant had anyone actually received a date for an interview yet??

No as was posted earlier they were getting sent out yesterday so expect them Monday or Tuesday and they will be more than likely registered post

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

If you are up for interview in the first couple of days you will get your letter earlier than the others. Interviews finish on the 18th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭stoller

If you are up for interview in the first couple of days you will get your letter earlier than the others. Interviews finish on the 18th.

Will it be staggered (presumably giving everyone 1 weeks notice) instead of all people receiving the letters at the same time giving some a longer period of notice?

• Advertisement

Just got my date there :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

TallGlass wrote: »
    Just got my date there :eek:

Nice one tallglass, are you on early next week?yy

Nice one tallglass, are you on early next week?yy

Quite early :pac:

Be glad when its over. Best of luck everyone.

BTW, you'll get both. E-mail and a letter to home address.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Quite early :pac:

Be glad when its over. Best of luck everyone.

BTW, you'll get both. E-mail and a letter to home address.

I never got an email.. just a letter

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

"In order to ensure anonymity candidates have been assigned a unique identification number"

I was interested to see this. How will that work?

KiloDelta wrote: »
    "In order to ensure anonymity candidates have been assigned a unique identification number"

I was interested to see this. How will that work?

Yeah I couldn't work this out myself. the interviewers will have part 2 of you application so they know who you are and I know who I am so not sure where it will be used!

Perhaps it's used when forming the panel so names wont be used but numbers...

They could just put a sticker over your name like with a label maker. Maybe it's so the panel don't know who you are until you're sitting in front of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

stringbox wrote: »
    They could just put a sticker over your name like with a label maker. Maybe it's so the panel don't know who you are until you're sitting in front of them.

Has anyone else not heard yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

I'm in Monday!! Was hoping for a bit later but sure just get it over and done with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭TicTacDoc

only people who's interview will be in the first week had letters posted on friday and were received today. Everyone else who's interviews are in week 2 and 3 their letters are being posted out today & tomorrow. Letters should be received by the end of the week.

Advertisement