Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

Look all I'm saying is this... Merit counts for alot more now and yes like any other job contacts can help alot. But as you said if you do your best that should you would hope be rewarded. It certainly has been with everyone I know in the service none of whom had any contacts. But statements like that earlier about handing in notice before being interviewed would get anyone's back up and make you question the authenticity of it all. May the best men and women win as you pointed out previously to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭stoller

Jaysus everyone needs to calm down and chill out! I wasn't trying to get up anyone's back earlier I just wanted to know when the class was starting. Anyone that thinks I'm handing my notice in needs to unwind themselves cause I said it in jest. Clout is one thing but it's not always good enough as you still have to have the talk to get the interest in the interview. You either have it or you don't. I do believe I can pull of a good interview so I would be expecting the panel at least but that's through hard work and the cv I have shaped over the past 10 years or so. I didn't just decide I wanted this job a few months back I have been working hard to get where I am today and I'm doing more work than most to make it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

stoller wrote: »
    Jaysus everyone needs to calm down and chill out! I wasn't trying to get up anyone's back earlier I just wanted to know when the class was starting. Anyone that thinks I'm handing my notice in needs to unwind themselves cause I said it in jest. Clout is one thing but it's not always good enough as you still have to have the talk to get the interest in the interview. You either have it or you don't. I do believe I can pull of a good interview so I would be expecting the panel at least but that's through hard work and the cv I have shaped over the past 10 years or so. I didn't just decide I wanted this job a few months back I have been working hard to get where I am today and I'm doing more work than most to make it happen.

which station are you getting assigned to?

which station are you getting assigned to?

Havn't decided yet :D Where you going?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Someones handing in there notice.

Well that's dedication to the cause, not even an interview date and someones already decided to call it a day. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 viking861

Lads this is some buzz. ..get a grip.it's only an interview and job! You either get it or you don't. That's it

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pacepower1989

viking861 wrote: »
    Lads this is some buzz. ..get a grip.it's only an interview and job! You either get it or you don't. That's it

Only an interview and a job. Insightful stuff.

Only an interview and a job. Insightful stuff.

Your welcome

• Registered Users Posts: 21 pacepower1989

viking861 wrote: »
    Your welcome

You're

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

You're

Seriously lads.

• Advertisement

Lol get a life

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

I thought this forum was for future firefighters, seems to be for future nurses with the amount of bitching and fannies in it

Tardis wrote: »
    I thought this forum was for future firefighters, seems to be for future nurses with the amount of bitching and fannies in it

Cheers for the insightful input there.. good lad.

Lighten up pal.life is too short

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Oh no you didn't !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

You trying to say nurses are bitches and fancies?

Chungwun wrote: »
    You trying to say nurses are bitches and fancies?

Only if there male nurses lol

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Fire.I.Am

I just noticed that there are some retained jobs available around Leinster at the moment... Does anyone have any information on these? Like could you make a living out of it, and would it be foolish to leave full time employment to take up a retained post? I don't really know too much about how it works or the potential earnings. I know you can work another job too, but finding flexible work in a my town may be difficult!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

Fire.I.Am wrote: »
    I just noticed that there are some retained jobs available around Leinster at the moment... Does anyone have any information on these? Like could you make a living out of it, and would it be foolish to leave full time employment to take up a retained post? I don't really know too much about how it works or the potential earnings. I know you can work another job too, but finding flexible work in a my town may be difficult!

Depends how much your earning at moment. If it is a low paid job it could be worth your while leaving and becoming a retained firefighter. Especially if it is a busy station your applying for. A FF I know was a retained FF in North Dublin before going full time. He said the earnings were 30k plus. I find that somewhat believable. Kildare fire service give a yearly retainer of 7562.00. A day call out will get you 39.72 for the first hour and 19.86 for any hour after that. A night or weekend call out will get you 79.44 for the first hour and 39.72 for any hour after that.

When are we getting notified of interview? surely this week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

When are we getting notified of interview? surely this week?
    It'll have to be soon alright!

bono_v wrote: »

I never get used to the wait :D the next wait to hear about interview panel and if we made it or not will be the worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭bono_v

I never get used to the wait :D the next wait to hear about interview panel and if we made it or not will be the worst.
    Fact! These campaigns are torture!
    On the mind 24/7 since application stage and can go on for years if you make the panel and are waiting for the call to start then!!
    Whole process just drains you. Hopefully this is the last one I ever do!!

Fact! These campaigns are torture!
    On the mind 24/7 since application stage and can go on for years if you make the panel and are waiting for the call to start then!!
    Whole process just drains you. Hopefully this is the last one I ever do!!

How long does the panel last? Airport fire panel only lasts 18 months

Just got text from wife "important looking letter for you arrived"

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

Usually a year I thought. Is there anyone here from the last panel who was unused? Must be sick if you were on the last panel and didn't get past PAS this time with the 90% slash on stage one.

Just got text from wife "important looking letter for you arrived"

Is it marked dublin city council top right from a franking machine? if so open her up! :)

KiloDelta wrote: »
    Usually a year I thought. Is there anyone here from the last panel who was unused? Must be sick if you were on the last panel and didn't get past PAS this time with the 90% slash on stage one.

I would say its 2 years min. they used to have a panel of 200 that they would use up normally. This would be 2/3 classes a year so 2 years wouldn't be million miles wrong

Is it marked dublin city council top right from a franking machine? if so open her up! :)

False alarm. It was from the credit union. :s

• Advertisement

False alarm. It was from the credit union. :s

disaster - tomorrow hopefully. Doesn't give much time for the people in on the first day - 29th!

Advertisement