Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭stoller

where are you getting the 400 quota from?

It's only what family members in DFB have said. not to be taken as definitive by any means. I don't want to mislead anyone, apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Why does the email received wish you all the best in the future!!! That scares me, did everyone receive that wording on their email?

You are defo over thinking this. Nothing g will change from this point, all you can do is wait. You're in the same position you were in this morning until u hear more. Take a step back.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TTL2015

Until you hear hard to say. 4 to 1 ratio for jobs is used also. 400 interviewed for 100 spots etc. unless you know size of panel after the 66 spots available it's hard to say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

TTL2015 wrote: »
    Until you hear hard to say. 4 to 1 ratio for jobs is used also. 400 interviewed for 100 spots etc. unless you know size of panel after the 66 spots available it's hard to say

Is it worth emailing DCC to find out what they plan?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

No. What will be will be. And the DCC wont even know the plan or care for that matter whoever you speak to. Just saying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Id give them a chance to get around to it, its not even 24 hours yet!

Word of warning, never put your life on hold for these things, cause if you do youll be servely disappointed should it not go the right way for you.

I'm still going with I have not been told no, I'm low 400s and that good enoght for me. Right now theres nothing I can do to change it either.

Chill out, we will no more in the next week or so I would imagine, not just us but everyone. It's out of your hands so stop stressing out about it, and be happy you haven't failed stage 2, been honest with yoy 400-500 is a great number considering 1000s applied, I'm proud of that in myself, might not be 1/10/20/30/40 but its my true figure, I took the test no one else. Pat yourself on the back, logically we might have been 3/4 questions off getting going below 200 etc..

Stay with it and don't crack up is my advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Polymarcus

Am I right in saying that the final order of merit is determined after the interview? After stage 3, it is pass/fail for medical, cpat etc.?

TallGlass wrote: »
    Id give them a chance to get around to it, its not even 24 hours yet!

Word of warning, never put your life on hold for these things, cause if you do youll be servely disappointed should it not go the right way for you.

I'm still going with I have not been told no, I'm low 400s and that good enoght for me. Right now theres nothing I can do to change it either.

Chill out, we will no more in the next week or so I would imagine, not just us but everyone. It's out of your hands so stop stressing out about it, and be happy you haven't failed stage 2, been honest with yoy 400-500 is a great number considering 1000s applied, I'm proud of that in myself, might not be 1/10/20/30/40 but its my true figure, I took the test no one else. Pat yourself on the back, logically we might have been 3/4 questions off getting going below 200 etc..

Stay with it and don't crack up is my advise.

Great advice, cheers, I can't hack not knowing, but as you say we have done our bit now its a waiting game.

Polymarcus wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that the final order of merit is determined after the interview? After stage 3, it is pass/fail for medical, cpat etc.?

I believe you are correct, being number 1 has no more chance than someone ranked 200 or anywhere else, it's another level playing field where your aptitude scores do not buy you points at interview, the only plus to being ranked high after stage 2 is you will be interviewed for sure.

After interview they will notify a panel of people ranked 1 to X (I say X as I dont know what number they are looking for). Then then if they want a class of 30 they call up panel numbers 1-30. If your inside this range you get a call up for cpat and if successfully at that you are invited to take the medical and if successful your down the road of offers of employment. If anyone from 1-30 fails the cpat or medical then they call up panel number 31 and so on until the class is sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Delighted with my results that I passed, dropped about 50 place in order of merit but still only just outside top 100 :) I'm also a girl so in the hope I get through interview I'm going to start working on fitness now!

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

4 interview boards of roughly 8/9 per day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Chungwun

How many do you work that out as being called for interview then?

Can't see them making a panal as big as the last anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Polymarcus

Any word on the competencies for interview?

Can't give specifics on numbers being called for interview. Candidates will be contacted today or tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

. Candidates will be contacted today or tomorrow.

So soon? :O Things are really starting to speed up!

twinydavid wrote: »
    So soon? :O Things are really starting to speed up!

there will be a period of time before the interviews commence. Application forms need to be filled and candidates will be given time to prepare.

Looking forward to it now.

So 36 per day multiplied by 13 days of interviews equals 468 being interviewed then?

So 36 per day multiplied by 13 days of interviews equals 468 being interviewed then?

That's pretty much everyone then

Hope that's the end of the aptitude tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Can't give specifics on numbers being called for interview. Candidates will be contacted today or tomorrow.

Thanks for info so far.

How should we expect to hear from DCC ? letter/email?

thatboy1 wrote: »
    Thanks for info so far.

How should we expect to hear from DCC ? letter/email?

Email I would imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Thanks for all the info arruabarrena.
    Do you know how big of a panel they are looking to form??

Size of the panel won't be decided until closer to the time. Candidates will be contacted by email

Email just landed there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Do you think it's a good idea to use my LC result in which I failed maths and have foundation Irish or use the JC with all passes?

I don't have a copy of JC to hand is the only thing.

TallGlass wrote: »
    Do you think it's a good idea to use my LC result in which I failed maths and have foundation Irish or use the JC with all passes?

I don't have a copy of JC to hand is the only thing.

If you don't have a copy to hand then you cannot use them. unless of course you get a copy of the results. they want you to provide proof of qualifications. it states this throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

stoller wrote: »
    If you don't have a copy to hand then you cannot use them. unless of course you get a copy of the results. they want you to provide proof of qualifications. it states this throughout.
    It requires the original copy.

It requires the original copy.

As in the one you got on the day of your results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭db76

twinydavid wrote: »
    As in the one you got on the day of your results?
    Anyone know how to get this if misplaced:(

Advertisement