Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭twinydavid

db76 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get this if misplaced:(

You would have to go to the school you sat your exam in.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭db76

twinydavid wrote: »
    You would have to go to the school you sat your exam in.
    Have been in touch with them and they only have the result not cert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

stoller wrote: »
    If you don't have a copy to hand then you cannot use them. unless of course you get a copy of the results. they want you to provide proof of qualifications. it states this throughout.

Not exactly the question I asked to be honest, I can find my results. I am pretty sure I won't be the only one having issues finding a document that's more than 12 years old, even if put in a safe place. I have my LC result to hand and are original but but have maths failed on the results, all okay other than that one. But it doesn't state if using LC what they want the results to be, I will order my JC results and route around the house for them.

db76 wrote: »
    Have been in touch with them and they only have the result not cert.

I'm sure the department of education has some sort of process to get them. Pain in the ass sending original copies. Sent my birth cert before to the army and never got it back. Too precious to be sending originals.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭123kid2014

Examinations. ie to request copy of results.

A new copy will do if you don't have original.

• Advertisement

123kid2014 wrote: »
    Examinations. ie to request copy of results.

A new copy will do if you don't have original.

Just requested one and emailed them there to see if I can get the results emailed to me too check over them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

TallGlass wrote: »
    Just requested one and emailed them there to see if I can get the results emailed to me too check over them.

If you have a degree or leaving cert can you just send it and not the JC results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

Can any one tell me what way the DFB shift works . How many days to how many night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭stoller

thesamster wrote: »
    Can any one tell me what way the DFB shift works . How many days to how many night

7 days and 7 nights. This is over 27 day roster I think. you do the following shift pattern

day day nigh rest rest rest day night night rest rest rest - and repeat pretty much bar the first shift of the rotation which is a day and a night followed by the 3 rest days and into the patter I mentioned I believe.

day shift is 9am-6pm and night is 6pm-9am (10am finish on a sunday)

aruaberena can fill in the gaps and pick up on any mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭thesamster

7 days and 7 nights. This is over 27 day roster I think. you do the following shift pattern

day day nigh rest rest rest day night night rest rest rest - and repeat pretty much bar the first shift of the rotation which is a day and a night followed by the 3 rest days and into the patter I mentioned I believe.

day shift is 9am-6pm and night is 6pm-9am (10am finish on a sunday)

aruaberena can fill in the gaps and pick up on any mistakes

Thanks . Not jumping the gun here just wanted to know .

• Advertisement

I suggest reading this if anyone is new to DFB or has any questions as a lot was covered here!

boards.ie/vbulletin/ showthread.php?t=2057533821

If you have a degree or leaving cert can you just send it and not the JC results ?

Thinking about this logically. JC is the basic foundation everything else is built on it application education wise. Looks like you must have JC regardless. LC/Degree is a bonus but doesn't negate that JC its required that we fill the targets set out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I suggest reading this if anyone is new to DFB or has any questions as a lot was covered here!

boards.ie/vbulletin/ showthread.php?t=2057533821

404 Page not found.

Blacktie. wrote: »
    404 Page not found.

i had to split the link cause i am only new to boards so they wont let me post links

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

stoller wrote:
    i had to split the link cause i am only new to boards so they wont let me post links

Ah I didn't notice the space!

Www.examinations.ie you can get your original copies for free.

twinydavid wrote: »
    Www.examinations.ie you can get your original copies for free.

Careful now ! :pac: Only LC will be issued for free if you got tested during 2006-2011 JC if tested 2006-2009, you where issued a supplementary cert while they where on strike, they will issue you your original LC cert for free, if its duplicate you won't it cost me 14.50€ this morning for the request of my JC.
    1. If you sat your Leaving Certificate / Leaving Certificate Applied in the years 2006 – 2011 inclusive or your Junior Certificate in the years 2006 – 2009 inclusive and now wish to obtain your certificate of results, free of charge, please click
    2. Statement of Results: this is a certified transcript of your examination results. If you have lost or misplaced your official certificate of results you may apply for a statement of your results. If you wish to apply for a statement of your results, at a fee of €14.50 per statement, please click

IMO a statement of results is better than nothing to be best, I am sure a few people have misplaced them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

She told me it can take weeks for it to arrive!

She told me it can take weeks for it to arrive!

Im sure DCC will give applicants the benefit of doubt and allow for delays in obtaining duplicates of the certs. Once you can provide it asap I would say they would be ok with this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

No competencies guys on the application form, simply a CV. I would imagine we will have to fill out competencies prior to interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

No competencies guys on the application form, simply a CV. I would imagine we will have to fill out competencies prior to interview?

It says not to attach a CV

Im sure DCC will give applicants the benefit of doubt and allow for delays in obtaining duplicates of the certs. Once you can provide it asap I would say they would be ok with this.

Or they could say a big Foxtrot Oscar to anybody not able to provide them and cull a few more from the process. ( which I hope is not the case)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

I would be interested to see how strict they are. If they are as strict as it comes across in the information document I reckon a lot of people will be culled during this application stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

The school can give you a stamped copy of your results.

A letter will issue with competencies after application forms have been checked etc...

Finally found the cert so all good have everything required on the JC level, have the full clean B licence also.

What's this competencey crack everyone is talking about? I haven't printed off the forms yet, only read them on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

It says on the application that an electronic version of application form is available from dublincity.ie.
    Can anyone find this on their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

The cover email this morning said:

"When returning your completed application form & Garda Vetting form please enclose your original birth certificate and your original educational qualifications (as outlined in the attached Information Booklet, page 6)."

Page 6 of the booklet just outlined that the candidate must have achieved 5 passes. At the start of the application form it says that because of the amount of applicants, they would not be able to verify educational documents.

From what I make of it, you only need to send in your original Leaving Cert and original Birth Cert. along with the application form to make sure you are suitable for interview.

If you say you got an 'A' in Rocket Science, you need to back that up with documents in the interview.

Is that how you all see it?

KiloDelta wrote: »

"When returning your completed application form & Garda Vetting form please enclose your original birth certificate and your original educational qualifications (as outlined in the attached Information Booklet, page 6)."

Page 6 of the booklet just outlined that the candidate must have achieved 5 passes. At the start of the application form it says that because of the amount of applicants, they would not be able to verify educational documents.

From what I make of it, you only need to send in your original Leaving Cert and original Birth Cert. along with the application form to make sure you are suitable for interview.

If you say you got an 'A' in Rocket Science, you need to back that up with documents in the interview.

Logically as I said, the JC is the foundation of what they need. If you say you have something or are doing something be prepared to back it up, don't exaggerate it either, either they'll ask for proof or ask you about it.

• Advertisement

KiloDelta wrote: »

Spot on. A mate rang them to confirm and they said if you completed the LC then submit those results otherwise submit the JC results. This is just to confirm you met the education requirements on page 6 of the information booklet.

If further on in the application form you claim be certified in a skill e.g. EMT then if successful at interview you may be asked to prove it.

end of story, end of discussion! :)

Advertisement