Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Im in the same boat as you, must be the red bull! But its not advisable to post your exact order of merit.

Gotcha, edited my post. Could you edit yours to remove my quote? Thanks for the heads up! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Harryhoofer

How many are they likely to interview for the first 66 jobs? I am in the 400's so am I right in saying it's over for me?

So long as your through this round it doesn't matter if you're 1 or 600

It does unfortunately I have family in the service they will not interview as far down as me no chance...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

How many are they likely to interview for the first 66 jobs? I am in the 400's so am I right in saying it's over for me?

I got low 400, quite surprised with that to be honest (thought I done worse, as in totally out). I wouldn't imagine we are out at all, if they didn't want us they would have told us today. I dropped back quite a lot of places from stage 1. Would have loved to see results. 400 isn't as great as 30, but I haven't been told I am out so will await further instructions on what's next !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭stringbox

It does unfortunately I have family in the service they will not interview as far down as me no chance...

Don't be negative. And read the post from Arruabarrena, he said all sucessful applicants will be interviewed.

• Advertisement

Thanks guys for the positivity. Sometimes family feedback is the most negative! How many were eliminated at stage 2 I wonder. It seems most past! Why would they interview us all for 66 jobs though or even say 100 jobs?

Thanks guys for the positivity. Sometimes family feedback is the most negative! How many were eliminated at stage 2 I wonder. It seems most past! Why would they interview us all for 66 jobs though or even say 100 jobs?

You'd be surprised how quick you would burn over the pages of people, no shows, not fit, didnt pass interviews, dont pass working at height and small spaces tests it is still a long road yet to be travelled. Hang in there, as I said 400 not as great a position as 30 but still we haven't been told no.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

I'd say everyone who's posted so far is looking good for an interview.

Should be very soon. Yes all successful being taken through for interview.

With respect how do you know this?

I'd say everyone who's posted so far is looking good for an interview.

But you can't be certain everyone who passed will be interviewed?
    I have family in the service and they have told me it's over for me I hope they are wrong and you are correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

Can't wait to see the full breakdown of my results. Walking out of the PAS I really thought I had foundered on the observation. Really thought I had got nothing on the first video.

I'm trying to keep people informed. I've not told any mistruths thus far so if someone wants to question anything I've said I'll happily say nothing in future.

But you can't be certain everyone who passed will be interviewed?
    I have family in the service and they have told me it's over for me I hope they are wrong and you are correct.

With respect to the guy's in your family, the only people that can tell you that your are out is Dublin City Council from this point, if you think your out you'll be playing catch up from here if and when you get called. You might be right we might not get called, but I honestly don't see the point in PAS tell us they will get in touch, AGS interviewed 600/1000 people for the first 100 trainee Garda so the numbers sound about right for 66. Stay calm don't jump the gun, and like the mail says await further instructions.

I'm trying to keep people informed. I've not told any mistruths thus far so if someone wants to question anything I've said I'll happily say nothing in future.

I'm not questioning you, all I'm saying is my family are basing their opinion on past testing where passing does not mean you will be interviewed, but maybe this time is different and I hope so for my case.

Surely they will get 66 positions from the top 200 people? I can't see why they need to interview 500 candidates. But again I am not familiar with their reasoning.

I'm not questioning you, all I'm saying is my family are basing their opinion on past testing where passing does not mean you will be interviewed, but maybe this time is different and I hope so for my case.

Surely they will get 66 positions from the top 200 people? I can't see why they need to interview 500 candidates. But again I am not familiar with their reasoning.

My opinion would also counter the wording of the letter we received, where it does suggest they will be contacting us all who passed, so fingers crossed.

Testing changes with time as does everything.

Interviews are currently scheduled for Feb 29th to March 18th. That's a lot more than 200 people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭stoller

I was told by a number of family in the job 400. I'm gonna wait and see tho as anything can happen. I scored in too 10 which I'm delighted with so I'm probably safe but something to note is just because your email says you passed doesn't guarantee your gonna be called up. It was the same for stage 2 where people into the 1500s were told they passed stage 1 and pas will call people soon. This didn't work out and only 679 were called.

I wouldn't rule anyone out but I wouldn't at the same time be thinking your guaranteed. Nobody knows how many DCC will take forward

Best of luck all

Interviews are currently scheduled for Feb 29th to March 18th. That's a lot more than 200 people :)

Thanks for all the info! A smart man would put his money on your posts! You have been the only consistently correct poster in all this forum!

stoller wrote: »
    I was told by a number of family in the job 400. I'm gonna wait and see tho as anything can happen. I scored in too 10 which I'm delighted with so I'm probably safe but something to note is just because your email says you passed doesn't guarantee your gonna be called up. It was the same for stage 2 where people into the 1500s were told they passed stage 1 and pas will call people soon. This didn't work out and only 679 were called.

I wouldn't rule anyone out but I wouldn't at the same time be thinking your guaranteed.

Best of luck all

Exactly my point. Stage one had people passing and receiving congratulations emails who were as low as 4000, I know people who came that low and passed. Look what happened them nothing! Only 670 got to stage 2.

I'm just being practical, they want the cream of the crop and will interview lots, but there are only 66 jobs right now, they will not interview all of us for them, if they want a big panel then yes they will.

So 15 days of interview if you minus weekends 200 candidates divided by 15 is 13 being interviewed per day (about right I would say). Why would anyone tell me I'm going to get a call when I'm in the 400's!!!!

• Advertisement

Exactly my point. Stage one had people passing and receiving congratulations emails who were as low as 4000, I know people who came that low and passed. Look what happened them nothing! Only 670 got to stage 2.

I'm just being practical, they want the cream of the crop and will interview lots, but there are only 66 jobs right now, they will not interview all of us for them, if they want a big panel then yes they will.

It costs nothing to have a panel. I would say 100 jobs plus 50 for the panel. That covers 2 classes for next year should budget allow and manpower need it

15 days minus weekends, divide 15 by 200 equals 13 per day. You think they will double that to 26 per day and reach 400! I doubt it sincerely.

Why does the email received wish you all the best in the future!!! That scares me, did everyone receive that wording on their email?

They wish you best of luck cause their role is finished.

15 days minus weekends, divide 15 by 200 equals 13 per day. You think they will double that to 26 per day and reach 400! I doubt it sincerely.

More than 26 per day that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TTL2015

Previous interviews have had four interview panels.40 minutes each per interview. Starting at 8 o clock that's 12 interviewed before 10 o clock. Another 3 sessions before lunch and 3 sessions after. That's 36 a day.
    36 x 13 days of interviews is 368 which is 70% of 670. Interviews will cease on the 16th as wont interview paddys day on day after.

TTL2015 wrote: »
    Previous interviews have had four interview panels.40 minutes each per interview. Starting at 8 o clock that's 12 interviewed before 10 o clock. Another 3 sessions before lunch and 3 sessions after. That's 36 a day.
    36 x 13 days of interviews is 368 which is 70% of 670. Interviews will cease on the 16th as wont interview paddys day on day after.

So anyone beyond that what happens them?! 469 is 70percent of 670.

TTL2015 wrote: »

this ties in with the 400 quota.... could be how it will go

where are you getting the 400 quota from?

• Advertisement

where are you getting the 400 quota from?

Advertisement