Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire service recruitment? Anyone know??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Arruabarrena

Interviews approx Feb 29th to March 18th.

Edit. Forgot to add; By all accounts the PAS were only meant to notify the people being called for repeat aptitude of their position in the order of merit after the online aptitude. But it hardly surprises me that they messed things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Squirrelsnuts

Off topic I know, but does anyone know who runs the medicals for dfb??

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Zion84

Interviews approx Feb 29th to March 18th.

Edit. Forgot to add; By all accounts the PAS were only meant to notify the people being called for repeat aptitude of their position in the order of merit after the online aptitude. But it hardly surprises me that they messed things up.

Can you clarify this a bit please. When you say "repeat aptitude" do you mean stage two or it was meant to be a verification exam only. Also where did you get this info from?
    Cheers.

reddington wrote: »
    It used to be the fit for work team they were based around the IFSC but can't be sure for this campaign
    yeah they don't do it anymore so trying to found out who does them now. Cheers refdington

Medicals are done by CHI in the IFSC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Johner1982

Hi I have a question regarding the medical, I had surgery 4 year ago to repair part of my gut that was narrowed and as a result I have a scar running down below my belly button bout 5inch long will this come up in the medical?? I am absolutely fine and healthy run marathons and a member of a boxing club etc just don't know whether to mention if I get to that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

@ Arruabarrena, have you any info on Stage 2 results? Literally mid Feb or do you think those who are successful will hear sooner?

No idea, sorry. DCC usually like to give 2 weeks notice before interviews and if they are due to start the 29th then that would mean 15th or thereabouts.

Anyone got an idea where the interviews will take place?

DCC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

I'm not sure if its old or new but RTE have started to show Firefighters again. The episode has been added to RTE player in case your looking for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

I'm not sure if its old or new but RTE have started to show Firefighters again. The episode has been added to RTE player in case your looking for it!

Watching what could have been for myself anyway :pac:

I don't mind failing this one (which I am nearly certain I did), the problem I have is if they decide to not recruit for another 5/10 years, I will be a lot older than now!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

I wonder is there a possibility of two inbox messages again. One to say you did or did not pass (soon) and then mid-Feb you get the OOM number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

KiloDelta wrote: »
    I wonder is there a possibility of two inbox messages again. One to say you did or did not pass (soon) and then mid-Feb you get the OOM number.

I would go with that one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭stoller

Does anyone know (with reasonable certainty) what the target range is for the verification tests? I have heard as low as max 10% less than your score in stage 1 and I have heard 20 max difference below your score from stage 1. 10% could be the difference of one question but 20 is obviously more fair in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Lezdid

stoller wrote: »
    Does anyone know (with reasonable certainty) what the target range is for the verification tests? I have heard as low as max 10% less than your score in stage 1 and I have heard 20 max difference below your score from stage 1. 10% could be the difference of one question but 20 is obviously more fair in my eyes.

As far as I remember it said in the info booklet that u had to score within the same score band in the verification tests. So if u scored in Band A for the applied maths, you would need to replicate a score within this band. That was my understanding anyway.

Lezdid wrote: »
    As far as I remember it said in the info booklet that u had to score within the same score band in the verification tests. So if u scored in Band A for the applied maths, you would need to replicate a score within this band. That was my understanding anyway.

Thank you.

Also to note on previous posts regarding how the second stage scores are determined I found this relating to the Garda competition (it may / may not be the same but here it is anyways)
    In order to qualify candidates were required to verify in the Verbal and Logical Reasoning tests and reach the qualifying standard in both the Job Simulation and Report Writing Exercises.
    A placing on the order of merit is <b>only calculated</b> for those candidates who reached the overall qualifying standard. <b>The placing is determined by the scores achieved in the Job Simulation and Report Writing Exercises</b>.

It looks like the Garda competition only grades people in order of Merit based on the new tests sat in stage 2 and not a combination of all tests. Could be the same, who knows

Anyone know the number of call control centre staff that are been recruited?

Johner1982 wrote: »
    Anyone know the number of call control centre staff that are been recruited?

Havn't looked into this yet as I have been focusing on this recruitment process but I would imagine its low numbers say 10-20 to cover the guys who are currently training in the OBI. I think 10 lads are training at the min from the ERCC.

Approx 70% success rate on aptitude tests

• Advertisement

Approx 70% success rate on aptitude tests
    70% success rate. Will they take forward all of that 70% do you reckon?
    I hope we find out soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭thatboy1

Any update on when people will hear back Arruabarrena?

Should be very soon. Yes all successful being taken through for interview.

Should be very soon. Yes all successful being taken through for interview.

Cheers for the info. Very much appreciated. fingers crossed now. brown trousers time

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Mcmuffin81

Check your message boards on PAS

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭rallye150flyer

Results out folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Handsome Brute

Delighted! Just got successful e-mail and order of merit!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

I'm in utter shock. SHOCK. Placed 328 at first round and in the top 30 this time!

Better start gyming it more. I'm a girl so need to start working extra hard for the potential physical testing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

I came 228 first time, 468 at stage 2, that's me ****ed so!

So long as your through this round it doesn't matter if you're 1 or 600

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

fartyarse wrote: »
    I'm in utter shock. SHOCK. Placed XXX at first round and in the top 30 this time!

Better start gyming it more. I'm a girl so need to start working extra hard for the potential physical testing!

I had a big improvement as well!! In total shock

Advertisement