Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4 [PC:G]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

quarryman wrote: »
    Isn't the terminal bug something to do with your framerate settings?

Yes, had the same problem and fixed by locking the FPS back to 60. It ridiculous that the game needs to be locked to 60 FPS to function.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah just fixed it there, locked the FPS to 75, anything under 90 should be safe. Incredibly the exact same problem was a big complaint in Skyrim for ages before they patched it aswell. Having to download another programme to fix it is ridiculous, am I stuck having to turn on Rivatuner every time I want to play now?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Oops just wasted about 3 hours dying repeatedly dying to get to the most eastery side of the map before finally realising there is a "rubberbanding" type leveling system in the game :o. For some reason I'd just presumed I could go wherever I pleased as in FO3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

marco_polo wrote: »
    Oops just wasted about 3 hours dying repeatedly dying to get to the most eastery side of the map before finally realising there is a "rubberbanding" type leveling system in the game :o. For some reason I'd just presumed I could go wherever I pleased as in FO3.

What do you mean by that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

started from scratch again..

lovin' it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Done the minute men quest last night where
    You go the castle and have to beat the mirelurk queen
    and my god I found that hard :P Had power armour on (first time using it) and I kept on getting killed! 8 missiles, a bottlecap mine, sh1t ton of grenades and a combat shotgun later the job was done :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Overall i'm dissapointed with the game. Where is the little kid begging for help? What about the man dying of thirst, who dissapears if you refuse him water? etc. Right now, what i've seen of the game its just go here, shoot these people, go here, shoot those people. It's rapidly becoming boring. The map, while large, is mostly empty. Stalker was better for this, in that while AI count was sparse, it lent a feel of desolation. FallOuts' map by comparision just feels empty.

But this isn't Stalker. It's not trying to be Stalker. This is about people fighting robots in the ruins of Futurama while green lightning crackles through the sky. Sure you need some misery for it to be post-apocalyptic, but it's wacky post-apocalyptic, not grim-watching-children-starve post-apocalyptic.

And the map is chockablock with stuff to do. You need to stop and poke around inside buildings and you'll find tons of stuff to do. A tiny shack could be (and is) the entrance to a vast underground bunker.

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    and my god I found that hard :P Had power armour on (first time using it) and I kept on getting killed! 8 missiles, a bottlecap mine, sh1t ton of grenades and a combat shotgun later the job was done :P

Yeah that's one of the "This is why I've been holding on to those mini-nukes" moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I think I'll do a vanilla run this time (with the exception of some graphical/texture tweaks) and then once a good chunk of mods come out I'll reply it with a different type of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I did that and died when one of the smaller ones who somehow survived barely touched me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

quarryman wrote: »
    Isn't the terminal bug something to do with your framerate settings?

I had the terminal bug but rather than messing with framefrate playing the game in windowed borderless rather than fullscreen fixed it for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was tempted to restart as well, as my Perks are all over the bloody place. But I'll hold off I think, till there are some good mods. Will definitely do a strength/melee run through at some stage.

Enjoying it still, and have started to feel a lot more powerful. Haven't really changed weapons in a few levels, as I'm a bit away from unlocking the relevant perks. Still mainly use my neverending pistol, powerful hunting rifle, legendary machine gun (that looks bloody awful) and a decent sniper rifle. Could do with some good plasma weapons, but i did pick up the
    Alien Blaster
    last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i love it when im out doing some thing and BOS chopper comes crashing down out of the sky, got a nice set of bos power armor from a corpse yoink. currently trying to upgrade it but i barely use power armor even with the perks for it.

I presume that if I refuse to join BOS/Minutemen/
    The Railroad
    /etc I am basically just locking myself out of major content; there's no other way to do those missions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

I haven't done much of the main story or even side missions besides a very few minutemen ones (i've been bobblehead/achievement hunting). Can you join all factions at once or only one per playthrough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Zillah wrote: »
    The Railroad
    /etc I am basically just locking myself out of major content; there's no other way to do those missions?

I was wondering the exact same, hence why I havent started the BOS ones yet. Also, another question while were on the subject. If I join the BOS, can I still be a part of the minutemen? May seem like a silly question, but thats why im afraid to join the BOS :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Can anyone recommend some graphical mods that wont be too heavy on a r9 280?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Cravez wrote: »
    I haven't done much of the main story or even side missions besides a very few minutemen ones (i've been bobblehead/achievement hunting). Can you join all factions at once or only one per playthrough?
    I was wondering the exact same, hence why I havent started the BOS ones yet. Also, another question while were on the subject. If I join the BOS, can I still be a part of the minutemen? May seem like a silly question, but thats why im afraid to join the BOS :P

You can be part of all the various factions at once, but there are points in each individual faction's quest line that will require you to become enemies with another faction(s). Most of these points are clearly marked with an on-screen dialog warning you that proceeding makes you an enemy, although during the BoS line, I became an enemy of another faction as soon as I started the quest, probably because I hadn't properly "joined" that faction yet.

Funny thing though, if you manage to join all the factions, there is one quest that has multiple of them fighting each other at a single location where you can just walk in completely friendly to everyone else; which makes for great looting of all three :D

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Funny thing though, if you manage to join all the factions, there is one quest that has multiple of them fighting each other at a single location where you can just walk in completely friendly to everyone else; which makes for great looting of all three :D

The utter bizarreness of that scene is what made me stop with that character for a while. I could not work out what on Earth was supposed to be happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So, just stumbled across the BOS, May do there mission later on. I've just completed 3-4 missions in total, I'm happy just wandering and exploring.

Also looting every friggin thing I can. I'm on the second highest safe openings, so loot, loot, loot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

been doing that too, and ended up starting from scratch because i'd make a pig's dinner of my sanctuary hills "hotel" and figured it'd be easier to start fresh rather than scrap or workshop everything - heh, i will get to diamond city one of these days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Zillah wrote: »
    The Railroad

All but 3 from what I can see at some point the game will tell you in a popup if you do this you will be enemy from X.

From then on you have 3 quest missions that will end the main story, any open quests from those factions will fail.

That is the point you make the final choice save :)

RopeDrink wrote: »
    I can safely say that a "Sniper" build (with or without rifleman) along with the "Overseer's Rifle" from the Vault quest hub is ridiculously good. Nothing funnier than having a Legendary Constrict Gunner Commander in Power Armor waltz over to you, only to be constantly rag-dolled to the floor with the knockdown perk, despite the fact that said Overseer weapon is as close to an automatic rifle as you'll get (Perk is specifically for non-automatics).
    Ewwww you buy weapons in RPGs? :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

What do you mean by that?

This map lifted from the main gaming thread seems to explains alot of what I experienced (I am level 11 and was trying to reach a location on the east coast.

Mild spoiler warning shows all locations in game and average enemy levels although not any names.

http://cdn1.gamepur.com/images/feature/fallout-4-enemy-resistance-map.jpg

Ah, gotcha. Yes, I actually walked to the beach at Level 11 as well, got my ass kicked a few times before I worked it out! Found my first Vault now as well, finding it very hard - but loads of fun! I'm just wandering all over the place really. Got the fright of my life when I discovered
    swan lake at Boston Common!

Ah, gotcha. Yes, I actually walked to the beach at Level 11 as well, got my ass kicked a few times before I worked it out! Found my first Vault now as well, finding it very hard - but loads of fun! I'm just wandering all over the place really. Got the fright of my life when I discovered
    swan lake at Boston Common!

Was very relieved when I figured it out for a little while I thought I'd make a complete balls of my build and would have to start again :)

I found it very difficult just wandering the wasteland before going to Diamond City, I kept running out of ammo for the decent weapons - and occasionally for the crap ones as well! The game is so much easier when you have proper access to ammunition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i have weapon its a plasma one it does crippling damage by default got it of a legendary i have it moded to do burn damage aswell and anything i kill with it is giving me nuclear waste which is great for making turrets and stuff.

also have a few settles on the go and make a crap tone of caps can make maybe 8k if i sleep a few days get a crap tone of purified water go collect my water vendor it and get a load of caps, also have a settlement dedicated to making me scrap for building. they work mostly towards getting which items you have marked in your scrap search list on your pip boy.

2015-11-18_00002.jpg

Im like the irish water of fallout but with none of the bad management

2015-11-19_00001.jpg

and im rather proud of my bar with a very interesting goul bar man i changed his outfit not to spoil it for anyone...

2015-11-19_00002.jpg

2015-11-19_00004.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Regna/media/2015-11-19_00005.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

2015-11-19_00005.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Thargor wrote: »
    Is anyones difficulty and other settings resetting every time they exit to Windows and reload the game? Its driving me mad.

Just on this there is a tool on nexus for easily setting fov, turning off mouse acceleration and many other settings. By default it sets your ini files to read only which wouldn't really be an issue if you had all your game setting in-game as you want but if you use this tool and then try to change some setting in game then it won't save. Just thought I'd mention it in case you used this tool as it caught me out at first. Upshot being when using that tool set it to not make the ini files read only at least until you are happy with all settings.

• Advertisement

Ah thats exactly it thanks a million!

Advertisement