Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4 [PC:G]

Options
1272829303133»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

3 hangs on loading, and 1 CTD today.

Mouse nearly got launched out the window there, was in the middle of a running gun battle with a bunch of gunners, including a legendary, and pop, desktop.

I had that quite a bit. It was from trying different gfx setting in the Nvidia console. I'm not sure what the exact cause was but using borderless fullscreen seemed to be a problem. The last time it happened I spent 2 feckin hours, without a quicksave, building up a big sexy settlement and then bang, CTD. :(

I just used the recommended settings in the Geforce Experience and all was grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Fallout 4 1.2 Update

New Features :
    - Number pad keys can now be used for remapping (PC)
    - Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container (PC)

Fixes :
    - General memory and stability improvements
    - Performance improvements inside the Corvega Assembly Plant
    - Optimizations to skinned decal rendering
    - Fixed issue with player becoming stuck in terminals
    - Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
    - Fixed issue with "When Freedom Calls" where the quest would not complete
    - During "Confidence Man" fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
    - Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
    - Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly (PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

beta patch notes - the ones quoted above are the actual live patch notes for the current release

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Loaded the steam patch and already I've a new bug, wondering cameras.

When speaking with NPCs the camera wonders off by itself and i'm left with no options to pick on the screen. I have to wait till the NPC wonders off so I get control back and can walk back up to it (him/her) and re-engage to see what I can say ... only after the patch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Since the update, doors will not open in buildings but I can walk through them??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

god's toy wrote: »
    Loaded the steam patch and already I've a new bug, wondering cameras.

When speaking with NPCs the camera wonders off by itself and i'm left with no options to pick on the screen. I have to wait till the NPC wonders off so I get control back and can walk back up to it (him/her) and re-engage to see what I can say ... only after the patch

I had that once or twice pre patch. I had moved the mouse, and it "moved" my head, and got lost. Tried centering my head again, and they came back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Compass is distorted for me after update on graphic driver but is ok in power suit. Like the game so far but it's just more of the same but with better graphics and for me more of a fps, probably because I don't use vats as much as previous versions.
    And that ****ing annoying Irish accent .....
    it's also very formulaic in the sense there are no surprises, you are not met by a gang of raiders just after clearing an area. I remember playing the original doom on the PC many moons ago and never sure what was around the corner or behind a door, with fo4 it's just about going through the motions

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Just an FYI, mods were banjaxed last night by the update.

Fix that worked for me:
    Disable all in NMM
    Start launcher
    Enable Mods
    Start Game

If they are not working you will get a "This sh*t ain't working, cos you is missing files homes" message.
    I didnt enable all I had, but the popup box when a gaff is attacked, the settler makebat files and full conversation text all worked fine.
    And the mod that adds another 70 or so tunes to the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Theres an update out for NMM now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Shougeki wrote: »
    Just an FYI, mods were banjaxed last night by the update.

Fix that worked for me:
    Disable all in NMM
    Start launcher
    Enable Mods
    Start Game

If they are not working you will get a "This sh*t ain't working, cos you is missing files homes" message.
    I didnt enable all I had, but the popup box when a gaff is attacked, the settler makebat files and full conversation text all worked fine.
    And the mod that adds another 70 or so tunes to the radio.

You can also use the beta F4SE to launch the game - avoids going through the launcher which is what messes things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,877 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

My loading times increased by a significant margin after that update, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Thargor wrote: »
    My loading times increased by a significant margin after that update, anyone else?

Seems that "Improving HDD performance" really means "make load times longer"

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭KonFusion

Folks,

What happens if you never complete the "Out of Time" quest? (the one you get at the start) and never go to Concord to meet Preston?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

he lies in wait - i think ye have to go there to get the diamond city quest though.. but if you're just exploring you can ignore it for as long as you want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I wish I hadn't Started the BOS storyline so early in the game. I enjoyed exploring the wasteland and ruined quiet city. Didn't like vertibirds constantly buzzing overhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,877 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I wish I hadn't Started the BOS storyline so early in the game. I enjoyed exploring the wasteland and ruined quiet city. Didn't like vertibirds constantly buzzing overhead.
    I was meeting a courser to start an Institute mission and the stupid muppet kept running off after vertibirds trying to take them down with his little peashooter every time we went somewhere new so I just started nuking them out of the sky.

About to start this. Any mods that are 100% needed?

Advertisement