Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4 [PC:G]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

it would be worth unlocking pipers perk as early as you can if you want to get the most from dialog xp- it doubles it bam !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Wossack

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Nope, I had little to no Agility. I went full Charisma/Perception (with a tiny dose of STR/End for carrying space and HP), (something like 3/3/10/10/1/1 or whatever is closest to that), then went my usual lockpicking perks first along with GunNut/Armorer -- then Rifleman/Sniper/VATS-Aiming perception perks. After that I fleshed out Agility a bit more for extra AP (along with +AP [ultra light] armor mods) for more shots per bar, although that silenced handgun you see me using has not only -% AP use per vats but also faster regen, so you could basically open VATS with a full bar then unload a full clip, reload, unload another half-clip into a targets head using one low-agility AP bar -- it was insane).

Sandman/Ninja and the likes would be how I'd go with a melee build (likely my next character), though I really REALLY don't want to sacrifice Charisma. It's always been my focus in all Fallouts so I can explore dialogue choices and hoover up all that delicious free XP (and rep). I guess that means I'd dunk Perception and go full Charis/Agi instead, maybe a bit of luck for Bloody Mess -- I'm sure melee mess kills must be hilarious :D

you know you can put your leveling points into base special stats too, right? So ive just thrown a few at more CHA to get the local leader perk just recently, for example

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Beta Update 1.2.33

New Features :

Number pad keys can now be used for remapping
    Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container

Fixes :

General memory and stability improvements
    Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions
    Fixed issue with When Freedom Calls where the quest would not complete
    During Confidence Man, fixed issue where player's health would continuously regenerate
    Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games
    Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality setting properly

• Registered Users Posts: 10,736 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

beta patch is up on steam :)

ha beat me to it :D

• Advertisement

ha beat me to it :D

I'm an awful cúnt for that :pac:

I made another little video (it has some dialogue spoilers in it - lets just say that if you haven't done the Trinity Tower mission, you probably shouldn't watch it) It's that ambush i was talking about the other day - my follower just got completely nailed out in the open by rooftop snipers, molotov & nade throwing raiders from on high and this is how it panned out - i added some dialogue to it for the craic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Purchased the game on Friday night, took about 20 hours to download on my parents connection. Christ...

Well I made up for it anyway by building myself a tree house. When I have enough resources I will scrap it and build something a little more solid. Having a lot of fun at the moment with the game. Wish there were more craftable items.

Anyway, here's my base at the moment. Still searching for more copper to finish off the electrics.

http://imgur.com/a/lo2jn

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Very nice - like the look of the 'Stalker' lighting and snagged the hair/faraway for good measure. Already threw in the blood & eye mods earlier today. Blood one is decent on the ground but I hate the high-res spatter on the screen. Least the default blurry version isn't as sharp. Might give the ammo crafting mod a bash. Keep repeating how ammo wasn't much of a concern but at the same time, no harm preparing for the inevitable next play through and making life a tiny bit easier.

Mods aside, going to vent a little -- note, spoilers for those who haven't paid a visit to the Institute yet.
    So, I was quite surprised by the 'entering the Institute part' - and how passively Wanderer/Father are quick to accept the situation and carry on like it's all good (eg. Father giving Wanderer complete freedom to enter/leave the place as if they're unaware of how s/he is quite capable of tearing the place to bits or getting a faction inside). On doing the basics for the Institute, I fast-travel back to CWealth and find myself instantly looking into the face of my previous companion, who doesn't even acknowledge the fact I had been and gone to the 'boogeymen'. Go meet X-whatever (idiot Courser) who decides to go on an anti-BOS rampage (who I'm friendly with) preventing ability to talk and get started on his missions). The institute part was interesting at first but kinda blown apart by how dismissive or empty everything else felt directly afterwards. It's like after achieving what people said was 'so hard', nobody gave a **** after. The only one who wished me well on said trip was faction leader who I chose to build the machine, who I couldn't care less about -- no 'good luck' or anything from relationship partner or anyone else

It's moments like that which make me feel the game really lacks where others stepped up. I won't be shocked at this point if, pre-finale, there isn't even a token
    'one last chat with friends before the big set piece' moment
    - but oh well.

I'm in the same boat.
    At first I declined father's offer, because it totally goes against everything you've done and played for up until this point.
    Then I reloaded a save and just said yeah, I'll join...but I've yet to do any missions for them as I don't like the institute.
    The clear choices in this game seem to be RailRoad and Minutemen....I can't see a clear argument for the other 2 sides.

I haven't done any Institute missions as I'm afraid it will prevent me from going on with missions for the other factions, though none of them seem to care really that I've been there.

I'm kind of wondering if it will all come to a point like Mass Effect...where I just have to choose 1 faction all of a sudden.

Also, after doing the final mission I assume we can continue playing ?

As for Mods, on my next playthrough or maybe later I'll definitely get the Full Dialogue Interface and No character voice so it's more of an RPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

So, I was quite surprised by the 'entering the Institute part' - and how passively Wanderer/Father are quick to accept the situation and carry on like it's all good (eg. Father giving Wanderer complete freedom to enter/leave the place as if they're unaware of how s/he is quite capable of tearing the place to bits or getting a faction inside). On doing the basics for the Institute, I fast-travel back to CWealth and find myself instantly looking into the face of my previous companion, who doesn't even acknowledge the fact I had been and gone to the 'boogeymen'. Go meet X-whatever (idiot Courser) who decides to go on an anti-BOS rampage (who I'm friendly with) preventing ability to talk and get started on his missions). The institute part was interesting at first but kinda blown apart by how dismissive or empty everything else felt directly afterwards. It's like after achieving what people said was 'so hard', nobody gave a **** after. The only one who wished me well on said trip was faction leader who I chose to build the machine, who I couldn't care less about -- no 'good luck' or anything from relationship partner or anyone else

I felt the exact same. Absolutely no one acted the way a human being would in that situation. You're given the keys to the kingdom because you are the player character. You are allowed to - and expected to - have full membership in multiple opposing factions; not doing so just means you miss out on loads of content.

They also do a terrible job of arguing their point:
    Father makes no effort to explain what it is about rogue synths that makes them so dangerous. So one of them became a raider captain - so? I've been attacked by human raiders all game. He doesn't even try to imply that there is something inherent in their nature that makes them dangerous. Similarly, I'm not sure I understand their plan. On one hand they're talking about improving on humanity, but they treat synths like slaves and say they have no true freewill - in which case they don't want synths to replace humans - but we also learn through entries on Kellog that they consider cybernetics to be either pointless or outright heretical - so what on earth am I suppose to believe it is they are doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    New Features :

Number pad keys can now be used for remapping

FOoOa6U.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I think my only real problem with the game is that nothing seems to matter in the game, in regards to choices at least, until you get the notification that you're going to be made a permenant enemy of a specific faction. All those syths you've saved have zero effect on how the brotherhood feel towards you....up until you get the notification that you're going to make some faction your enemy.

On a non-Institute related note (and I can't tell yet whether this is sloppy, or I just haven't seen the full effect) but (also spoilers):
    The situation with Virgil. It's not quite Genophage but it does bring up a topic that could have easily been fleshed out a lot more -- curing supermutants. They may be brutish but they seem to accept their form and as Strong says, he doesn't want to change, so would we be right in acting on the fact they were once human and try to convert them back? For my playthrough I sided with Strong, simply because it wasn't handled in a way where I felt I should care too much (and I wanted some more +rep with Strong) so the question is, for those who may have gotten further, does this particular situation actually effect the story in the end? Please don't spoil it if so, just confirm/deny.

"Paladin Danse disliked that" is about all I got from it. I don't think it has any further ramifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

On a non-Institute related note (and I can't tell yet whether this is sloppy, or I just haven't seen the full effect) but (also spoilers):
    The situation with Virgil. It's not quite Genophage but it does bring up a topic that could have easily been fleshed out a lot more -- curing supermutants. They may be brutish but they seem to accept their form and as Strong says, he doesn't want to change, so would we be right in acting on the fact they were once human and try to convert them back? For my playthrough I sided with Strong, simply because it wasn't handled in a way where I felt I should care too much (and I wanted some more +rep with Strong) so the question is, for those who may have gotten further, does this particular situation actually effect the story in the end? Please don't spoil it if so, just confirm/deny.

I met Virgil way before I met strong, in that I had completed Virgils questline to the very end (including the optional). And I have no idea what you are talking about. I actually went of my way for the optional (tip its hard)

Love how we all have the same game but playing very different games within it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

So 've had a weird quest marker appear on my map.

Doesnt seem to be related to any quest since its still there with all quests inactive. Nothing happens when i go there either. It showed up originally at another location where i'd just completed a railroad quest and showed up here after finishing a minuteman quest. Anyone know if its for something or just a bug?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

So 've had a weird quest marker appear on my map.

Doesnt seem to be related to any quest since its still there with all quests inactive. Nothing happens when i go there either. It showed up originally at another location where i'd just completed a railroad quest and showed up here after finishing a minuteman quest. Anyone know if its for something or just a bug?

It's your custom map marker. You can put that where ever you want. Click on another part of the map and it'll ask if you want to remove it or change its location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It's your custom map marker. You can put that where ever you want. Click on another part of the map and it'll ask if you want to remove it or change its location.

Ah im an idiot :o. Must have turned it on by mistake and not noticed.

sooo just finished the main story sided with the railroad - spoilers
    the main story i sided with the railroad and ehh disappointing that ending was kinda trash. It was just my guy standing there talking about how war never changes as the same thing happened again it said nothing about any where i helped or what the consequences of anything i did had on the world. then i get a whole load of you job isnt done yet and a bunch of repeatable fecking quests from railroad and a synthetic version of your son. which was kinda creepy. getting there fun as hell tho took out the b.o.s i shot my old man son in the face when he was in his sick bed cause he was a bit of douche then dragged him around a bit.. was awkward. kinda **** ending considering in other fallouts you always got a run down of how things turned out in different places either i got a really bad ending or that was just fecking awfull and i played the good guy the whole way through

Lone Stone wrote: »
    sooo just finished the main story sided with the railroad - spoilers
    the main story i sided with the railroad and ehh disappointing that ending was kinda trash. It was just my guy standing there talking about how war never changes as the same thing happened again it said nothing about any where i helped or what the consequences of anything i did had on the world. then i get a whole load of you job isnt done yet and a bunch of repeatable fecking quests from railroad and a synthetic version of your son. which was kinda creepy. getting there fun as hell tho took out the b.o.s i shot my old man son in the face when he was in his sick bed cause he was a bit of douche then dragged him around a bit.. was awkward. kinda **** ending considering in other fallouts you always got a run down of how things turned out in different places either i got a really bad ending or that was just fecking awfull and i played the good guy the whole way through

Nah,
    it's pretty much same ending/cinematic for all 3
    :/

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Nah,
    it's pretty much same ending/cinematic for all 3
    :/[/QUOTE
    that is extremely disappointing
    8-(

Ow well **** it, installing mods melee crazy in your face crazy lady time !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Mentioned it earlier and my point still stands. Just finished there. disappointed with the ending but kind of expected it. The narrative is easily broken when after siding with the Brotherhood, you END GAME SPOILERS!!
    are about to blow up the institute you meet your synth son. You can take him with you despite the brotherhood hating everything about synths and not a word is said to you about it. It's those details that were there in Fallout 3/New Vegas that I missed here. Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I think you need to see Virgil's story through to the end. Slightly different to what you think. Strong doesn't affect the story in any way.
    For companions...all I can see is that they give you a perk when you reach the highest +rep with them.
    I have got the perks from Strong, Hancock and Curie so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What is happening when a legendary mutates? I cant really figure it out...

Dont want to Google it as I hate legendary spoilers,
    like Swan rising up in front of me last night out of nowhere was a pants sh1tting moment and one of the best in the game so far, especially since my last save was back before I did a load of mods to me weapons

I would have been raging if that was spoiled.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Thargor wrote: »
    What is happening when a legendary mutates? I cant really figure it out...

Dont want to Google it as I hate legendary spoilers,
    like Swan rising up in front of me last night out of nowhere was a pants sh1tting moment and one of the best in the game so far, especially since my last save was back before I did a load of mods to me weapons

I would have been raging if that was spoiled.

Their health goes back to full and I think they get stronger.

Their health goes back to full and I think they get stronger.

Yes but in-game what on Earth is that supposed to represent? Some non-irradiated Legendary Raider mutating seems a bit weird.

Zillah wrote: »
    Yes but in-game what on Earth is that supposed to represent? Some non-irradiated Legendary Raider mutating seems a bit weird.

In game you're walking at about 20Kph and if you build your character a certain way you can punch a legendary alpha deathclaw to death in a punch or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

In game you're walking at about 20Kph and if you build your character a certain way you can punch a legendary alpha deathclaw to death on a punch or two.

Don't forget about dismantling cars in a matter of seconds, building massive settlements in minutes without the proper planning permisison (or adherence to the laws of physics), the making of technically impressive weapons using nothing but scrap and a workbench.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

KeithTS wrote: »
    Don't forget about dismantling cars in a matter of seconds, building massive settlements in minutes without the proper planning permisison (or adherence to the laws of physics), the making of technically impressive weapons using nothing but scrap and a workbench.....

Not to mention the Secret of Cabot House.

Advertisement