Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4 [PC:G]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,544 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Thargor wrote: »
    Also on pc how do you actually hang the suit on the rack at the rocket diner? I walk up to it and anyhting I do just makes me get out of it and leave it standing in front of it...

Get out of the suit nearby, then open the crafting menu on the armour frame and your suit will snap into place.
    Wossack wrote: »
    Hah, knew I recognised the voice.. Lancer Captain Kells
    brother of steel airship captain
    is voiced by Tim Russ, aka Tuvok from star trek voyager

Heh, I was thinking that was the case. Also, confirmed my suspicions that Paladin Danse's VA also did Colonel Burton from C&C Generals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

So Im pottering around after finishing off one of the help the settlers quests and I hear a right ruckus going on. After following the sounds for a bit I come across a Supermutant camp under attack from a Deathclaw!

It absolutely shredded them. I'm talking bits of bodies all over the place. Almost felt guilty shooting it in the back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Sorry I get 50% extra XP in vats due to perks and magazines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

How awesome looking are the lightening storms? The way the sky turns dark then orange then that scary green. The air feels thick and foreboding then bang, 5 rads with every bolt of lightening. Super atmospheric and really gives a sense of dread when it happens.

Its definitely a grower this game. Thought it was a bit pants at the beginning but now I'm totally addicted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

My second screen goes black when I load up the game, any ideas why? Not a big deal but annoying at the same time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

does that if its not in window mode for me half the time, this game does not like two screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

cadete wrote: »
    My second screen goes black when I load up the game, any ideas why? Not a big deal but annoying at the same time
    Lone Stone wrote: »
    does that if its not in window mode for me half the time, this game does not like two screens.

solution seems to be using the config tool linked below, working fine now,

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/102/?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Has anyone found any mods to help with the inventory? Thats one of the only things that does my head in about this game, the inventory is all over the place and I cant even sort it out the way I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Has anyone found any mods to help with the inventory? Thats one of the only things that does my head in about this game, the inventory is all over the place and I cant even sort it out the way I want.

Not from what I've seen but Skyrim had an Inventory Sorter mod so I would highly likely say there will be one for Fallout. I'll take a look at the mods on Nexus when I'm home just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm also so disappointed that there's no weapon or armor degeneration! That was what made scavenging so exciting in FO3 and NV, trying to find parts to fix your favorite weapon and keep it in action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Think Ill mod away the weight limit tonight, never would have dreamed of it in previous RPGs but when a game forces you to collect 50 desk fans and typewriters when on a mission they cant turn around and punish you for it.

I'm also so disappointed that there's no weapon or armor degeneration! That was what made scavenging so exciting in FO3 and NV, trying to find parts to fix your favorite weapon and keep it in action.
    Yeah it was a crazy decision tbh, especially when they've upped the scavenging level to the max in this game...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I'd be fine with the scavenging and weight limit if I had a really well designed inventory that made it easy to sort through what I had and make decisions about what to keep and what to drop easily.

But we have the opposite. We have one giant alphabetical list that can be sorted by a few largely meaningless criteria.

Here are a few ideas that could have been easily implemented if they bothered to think about the use experience:

- Flag items as regular or default loadout gear. Have a "put all objects not flagged as regular gear in container" button.
    - Let us sort junk according to what resource it provides, and allow us to make decisions based on that: dump all junk that doesn't have aluminium, or "take all junk with oil".
    - Allow us to melt all junk down into components immediately so that if you want to grab, say, three oil, two gears and three circuits, you can just grab those, rather than having to try and pick out junk that has those.
    - Centralised menu where you can make decisions on resources, like choosing what gets flagged or unflagged. As far as I can see, the only way to flag something is to wait until you have run out of it, and the only way to unflag something is to go to mod something and then unflag it from the resource list there.
    - Have separate tabs for weapons/armour/junk etc in settlements.
    - Allow us to flag things as "for sale", or have a separate tab for that. That way when you get to a store you know you can just sell everything in that tab without having to scroll through tons of other stuff.

Easy as pie to program, they just didn't bother. Weight limits aren't too bad, as you can dump a ton of stuff on your companion, and power armor drastically ups what you can carry. Settlements should be connected by default; we gain nothing at all gameplay-wise by forcing them to be separate.

There is a mod that adds 1000 of all junk types to your stash. I'm tempted to use it just to excuse myself from ever having to pick up junk again, just because the system is so bloody clunky.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Yeah it was a crazy decision tbh, especially when they've upped the scavenging level to the max in this game...

I wonder would it be difficult to mod degeneration into the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Zillah wrote: »

- Flag items as regular or default loadout gear. Have a "put all objects not flagged as regular gear in container" button.

I have taken to renaming all of my weapons / Armour starting with A_ . Allows me to skip over them quickly in that jumbled mess, not much but it helps.

I would love a shortcut to drop the last item you picked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I wonder would it be difficult to mod degeneration into the game?

Code exists for power armor to degrade, so you might be able to piggyback something on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Damo 2k9 wrote: »

I use Better Item Sorting from Nexus Mods. It just labels stuff with a [Material], [Key],[Magazine]... etc prefix, so when you sort the list it helps keep stuff in groups.

I also use Value per Weight indicator mod to help decide which items are valuable/useful to scavenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Moon54 wrote: »
    I use Better Item Sorting from Nexus Mods. It just labels stuff with a [Material], [Key],[Magazine]... etc prefix, so when you sort the list it helps keep stuff in groups.

I also use Value per Weight indicator mod to help decide which items are valuable/useful to scavenge.

Good stuff, thanks a lot. Will give those a shot after college :cool:

Think Ill mod away the weight limit tonight, never would have dreamed of it in previous RPGs but when a game forces you to collect 50 desk fans and typewriters when on a mission they cant turn around and punish you for it.

Yes.... come to the dark side

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is there a way to just scrap all junk at the same time?

• Advertisement

chrislad wrote: »
    Is there a way to just scrap all junk at the same time?
    I thought once you dumped everything into a workbench it would scrap as needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I thought once you dumped everything into a workbench it would scrap as needed?

What I am curious about is that ... if you have a gold watch in storage and say it gives you (for example, purely) 2 gold and 1 glass.

If you build something that requires 1 glass, and that scraps the gold watch to get that glass, is the excess unrequired gold added to the storage or do you lose it?

I'll have to test in some non-connected storage I have somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Is there a way to bulk scrap weapons/armour? I can only seem to do it by dropping it in a settlement, or at a crafting station.

Also, I'm assuming junk in itself is useless and every thing is built from base resources? e.g., I don't want to scrap a fuse into component parts and then discover I need a fuse for something?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Overall i'm dissapointed with the game. Where is the little kid begging for help? What about the man dying of thirst, who dissapears if you refuse him water? etc. Right now, what i've seen of the game its just go here, shoot these people, go here, shoot those people. It's rapidly becoming boring. The map, while large, is mostly empty. Stalker was better for this, in that while AI count was sparse, it lent a feel of desolation. FallOuts' map by comparision just feels empty.

Ah well each to there own i suppose, i found a fair bit of that above and offered refuge in my town, personally best fallout so far. still no fallout 2 but out of previous Bethesda and vegas one this is my favorite.

Major complaint for me so far is the companions are **** witt's who vanish half the time then show up behind you but i got companion perks and they can hold their own but they seem to have very bad hit points especially "strong" he goes down all the time.

i just killed a legendary junkie and got a junkies shot gun - the worse your withdrawal symptoms the more damage it does XD

ah yea im just about to get that perk so they cant hurt me now, they have an awful habit of throwing grenades at people trying to melee lol. So far my favorite companion has been strong he cracks me up trying to use computer's and his mole rat solutions ooww strong ya big lug you. I stuck a minigun on him instead of a melee weapon and he tears **** up.

If you set up your settlements to produce purified water at sanctuary and a few other places you make thousands of caps selling it to vendors, if you do bunker hill u unlock a trade route stop for traders so sell your water to them, you can have plenty of ammo.

Is anyones difficulty and other settings resetting every time they exit to Windows and reload the game? Its driving me mad. Also I have to quicksave every time I go near a terminal because theres a 50:50 chance Ill be stuck to it unable to move when I exit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Is anyones difficulty and other settings resetting every time they exit to Windows and reload the game? Its driving me mad. Also I have to quicksave every time I go near a terminal because theres a 50:50 chance Ill be stuck to it unable to move when I exit it.

Isn't the terminal bug something to do with your framerate settings?

Advertisement