Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUMMER WEATHER 2015 -GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

Supercell wrote: »
    bit gutted i may have missed the warmest day of the year here but we had a nice stay in the west, was almost weird to see the rain again!!

Old Chinese proverb; "Only travel West when the wind is in the East".

Day 16 of the Great Partial Drought - but not so summary on midsummers day; windy, partly cloudy and the max of just over 17C is the lowest in over a week.

Now 13C and time to put a log on the fire, or at least don a woolly jumper to walk the hound.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,108 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Rain and mist allllll day here in Clare.
    Come on Easterly wind!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

23C here yesterday, today was only poor day since June 5th, the next 4 to 5 days look warm and mostly sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

What is the story on this, is it likely to hit us or just the usual weather hype although I did hear ME mention heavy rain and windy for Saturday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-tropical-storm-bill-5927686?ICID=FB_mirror_main

Storm 10 wrote: »
    What is the story on this, is it likely to hit us or just the usual weather hype although I did hear ME mention heavy rain and windy for Saturday.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-tropical-storm-bill-5927686?ICID=FB_mirror_main
    Friday: Rather cloudy on Friday with rain in many places at first but brighter weather will develop in western counties by early afternoon and extend to all areas later in the day. Temperatures in the mid to high-teens, highest in southern areas.

Weekend: Temperatures continuing around normal over the weekend. There will be some rain at times especially in western and northern parts, but some dry bright weather also with sunny spells

That's all ME says....on their website at least.

• Advertisement

Met Eireann also said there would be shallow fog patches inland towards dawn.

AFAIK a dense fog patch near the coast at dusk is not that (west Clare).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,880 ✭✭✭pauldry

Cant get rid of this Northwesterly domination of an airstream

Hence the next 3 or 4 weeks while having the odd warm day like tomorrow will be characterized by rain and drizzle in the North and West and some sun forther South and East and temperatures a little below normal. No sign of mid twenties temperatures

Will be certainly one of the coldest May June periods in the Northern half for quite a number of years and July will not be a lot different

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

We certainly seem to have entered a period of stuck weather in the last few years, constant rain events or lack of like now. On one hand I wouldn't mind the weather to change to a get few days of rain, but i suspect it would be weeks of front after front if it did.
    So instead, I'll make do with the fabulous weather these last couple of weeks and keep busy with the hose in the garden!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

Another stunning day ,is this the third fine summer in a row or what
    Sea breeze has made a welcome return tempering things to 18.6 Great to work in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Another stunning day ,is this the third fine summer in a row or what
    Sea breeze has made a welcome return tempering thi vs to 18.6 Great to work in

Location?
    Cloudy in south Tipp very little sun since about 10am

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Fabulous weather? Am I missing something? I was in Limerick Sunday evening and it was like March coming out of the Gaelic Grounds...

Location?
    Cloudy in south Tipp very little sun since about 10am

Arklow :)

Reached 24c here an hour ago here in west Clare and partly sunny. It's a little cloudier here now and 21.8c.

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Reached 24c here an hour ago here in west Clare and partly sunny. It's a little cloudier here now and 21.8c.
    Bet you're happy now?
    Notice inland stations in the East away from immediate sea breeze are in low 20s too
    Sat pic showing most of Munster cloudy alright

Lack of rain? No rain yesterday, but there was rain Sunday,Saturday,Friday,Thursday, Wednesday last week and it goes on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

Supercell wrote: »
    We certainly seem to have entered a period of stuck weather in the last few years, constant rain events or lack of like now. On one hand I wouldn't mind the weather to change to a get few days of rain, but i suspect it would be weeks of front after front if it did.
    So instead, I'll make do with the fabulous weather these last couple of weeks and keep busy with the hose in the garden!

With respect where has the fabulous weather been for the past couple of weeks, it cant have been Ireland because if it was it would be a heat wave and this forum would be non stop posting about temps. all I have heard and seen is a few fine days , cold days and rainy days certainly no few weeks of good weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Aerohead wrote: »
    With respect where has the fabulous weather been for the past couple of weeks, it cant have been Ireland because if it was it would be a heat wave and this forum would be non stop posting about temps. all I have heard and seen is a few fine days , cold days and rainy days certainly no few weeks of good weather.

Whats your location Aerohead? East and South east has been very dry last couple of weeks, only trace amounts sicne June 5th id imagine. While no heat wave its very pleasant spell compared to how our summers can be.

Below graph is from http://www.kilkennyweather.com/

rainfall.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Aerohead

In the West where it has not been great for the last while , guess your chart shows it good in the East and South East ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Aerohead wrote: »
    In the West where it has not been great for the last while , guess your chart shows it good in the East and South East ok.

Yeah showery conditions from the north west can be quite settled down this direction. No sign of anything special on the horizon though unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Beautiful sunny day here in Kinsealy weather station showing 19.5 degrees weather has been great the last while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Storm 10

That's all ME says....on their website at least.

Well now we have a very different forecast tonight from ME, looking bad for weekend and next week

Today was sunny and near cloudless, calm and while not a scorcher the temp here got above 21C and it was the 18th consecutive totally day.

We may quibble about the temperature (over a degree below average) but above average sunshine and no rain certainly can't be described as a bad June by any stretch. :)

Fabulous weather? Am I missing something? I was in Limerick Sunday evening and it was like March coming out of the Gaelic Grounds...

Yep, you are missing the joys of the East coast in a constant NW :)

No rain at all in 18 days (and June monthly total 6mm which nearly all fell on one day - the 3rd), and well above average sunshine.

Three months like the past 3 weeks would indeed be fabulous!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Was it seriously -1 in places in the Midlands and near Dublin last night like RTE just said? That is bizarre, it was too hot to sleep in Bray, was reading my book until 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Lack of rain? No rain yesterday, but there was rain Sunday,Saturday,Friday,Thursday, Wednesday last week and it goes on.

Have a look at this and tell me about all the rain , here on the east coast there has been none in weeks in parts - http://www.loughlinstown.com/wxnoaaclimatereports.php

Yes temperatures haven't been in the 30's but they have been in and around 20C for the last two weeks here and usually more, not exceptional but very pleasant all the same. I'd go as far as to say perfect summer weather here, Personally,I don't like it over about 25C or so.
    I was in Sligo last weekend and it was pretty cool and damp, but that's there and here is here, sorry for the NW but the E and SE, where most people live in this Island, has been pretty nice recently.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

I got ate here last week for saying 21c is warm. Now people can't sleep with the heat at 24c? I bet the Spanish can sleep in 24c so it musnt be hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Personally i don't care if its 25 and sunny or 15 and sunny, as long as its not bloody raining, i'm a happy chappy

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I got ate here last week for saying 21c is warm. Now people can't sleep with the heat at 24c? I bet the Spanish can sleep in 24c so it musnt be hot.
    Certain nationalities can hunt by running after a deer until it drops of exhaustion, doesn't mean I can do it :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

Thargor wrote:
    Certain nationalities can hunt by running after a deer until it drops of exhaustion, doesn't mean I can do it

I know that. Some other guy tried to tell me it wasn't warm because the spanish wouldn't be wearing shorts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭FWVT

Thargor wrote: »
    Was it seriously -1 in places in the Midlands and near Dublin last night like RTE just said? That is bizarre, it was too hot to sleep in Bray, was reading my book until 3am.

Those were GRASS temperatures, which were down to 0 at several stations and -1 at Dublin Airport.

Lowest air temperature was 3.4 °C at Claremorris.

Advertisement