Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Zuk Edge
    LeEco Le Pro 3
    Huawei Honor 8/9
    Moto Z2 Play

Are also worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,397 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Discodog wrote: »
    I have the Redmi Note 4 & can't fault it. I would definitely buy Xiaomi again. I bought the original Xiaomi Mi Band two years ago & it's still working perfectly. Xiaomi products are really well made.

I chose the Note for it's battery life which is superb.

The battery is the main reason I went for the mi max 2. I think I could easily get 4 days from a charge if I wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Conservative

Thanks for the replies, great suggestions.

Can't believe the specs on some of these phones for the price..

Just have to decide what to buy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The battery is the main reason I went for the mi max 2. I think I could easily get 4 days from a charge if I wanted to.

I would of bought it too but it's just too big for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭smilerf

Lads is it only my phone or is miui bad for notifications. I could get Gmail notifications hours late

• Advertisement

smilerf wrote: »
    Lads is it only my phone or is miui bad for notifications. I could get Gmail notifications hours late

I think it's probably you. I have no problems so check that you have the right settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,418 ✭✭✭Nollog

https://twitter.com/donovansung/status/967679725928943616

What price do xaomi usually launch these phones at?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭howdoyouknow

smilerf wrote:

You need to turn off battery optimisiations for any apps you need notifications. Miui by default is very battery friendly. It heavily restricts non system apps from funning in the background and auto starting.

You need to turn off battery optimisiations for any apps you need notifications. Miui by default is very battery friendly. It heavily restricts non system apps from funning in the background and auto starting.

The battery life on my Note 4 is so good that I just turned the battery optimisation off for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Has anyone had any issues using the Mi Max 2 with 3G on Three? I'm out in the sticks and not worried about 4G access as I don't have it with them anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭corkie

LOS 15.1 :- Changelog 16 - Smart Styles, Treble is trouble and Omfg Oreo

Changelog 16 - Smart Styles, Treble is trouble and Omfg Oreo

[XDA] LineageOS 15.1 based on Android 8.1 Oreo has been officially announced

[XDA] LineageOS 15.1 Feature List Overview with Screenshots and Video

Initial 15.1 devices
    • Google Nexus 6P - angler - moved from 14.1
    • Google Nexus 5X - bullhead - moved from 14.1
    • LeEco Le Pro3 / Le Pro3 Elite - zl1 - moved from 14.1
    • OnePlus 3 / 3T - oneplus3 - moved from 14.1
    • OnePlus 5 - cheeseburger - moved from 14.1
    • OnePlus 5T - dumpling - maintainers: codeworkx, amartinz
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) - gts210vewifi - moved from 14.1
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Wi-Fi (2016) - gts28vewifi - moved from 14.1
    • Xiaomi Mi 5 - gemini - moved from 14.1
    • Xiaomi Mi 5S - capricorn - moved from 14.1
    • Xiaomi Mi 5S Plus - natrium - moved from 14.1

Added to 14.1 include Xiaomi Redmi 3S and 3X - land

New rules for 15.1

https://github.com/LineageOS/charter/blob/master/device-support-requirements.md

So possibly no official Oreo LOS for Kenzo/Kate

The device rom has yet to have Kernel Patches for Spectre which maybe a requirement of the rules.

Plus Development on the device seems to have stalled.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/donovansung/status/967679725928943616

What price do xaomi usually launch these phones at?

that's a flagship phone.

launch price seems to be about €550 in India so it's not going to be cheap to get in Europe - probably not officially available in Europe.

Xiaomi sure know how to cause confussion with device names.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Arriving in China on March 16, May Come with Android 8.1 Oreo Pre-installed

Name confusions because in India it has the PRO in the name, and also re-branded Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus as RN5!

And not to forget the Redmi Note 5A (cheap device).

Here is hoping that [WHYRED] will also have global release with Band 20, I am assuming it will be have the same coded name as the Indian version.

Edit: -
    Conflicting rumors about the device:-
    Xiaomi to launch Redmi Note 5 Pro as Redmi Note 5 in China

• Registered Users Posts: 16,573 ✭✭✭✭banie01

corkie wrote: »
    Xiaomi sure know how to cause confussion with device names

Name confusions because in India it has the PRO in the name, and also re-branded Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus as RN5!

Whats even more confusing is multiple chinese manufacturers using the same/similar naming conventions.
    The amount of Notes/Max/Mix and so on can be very confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

Hi guys, just looking for some advice. I've been looking at the xiaomi M1 A1 and also the Mi note 2.

M1 A1 being relatively new with stock android while the mi note 2 was a powerhouse in 2016 but much more affordable now in 2018. Which would ye go for? Thanks

Xiaomi sure know how to cause confussion with device names.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Arriving in China on March 16, May Come with Android 8.1 Oreo Pre-installed

Here is hoping that [WHYRED] will also have global release with Band 20, I am assuming it will be have the same coded name as the Indian version.

Edit: -
    Conflicting rumors about the device:-
    Xiaomi to launch Redmi Note 5 Pro as Redmi Note 5 in China

The video posted earlier explains that Xiaomi don't have a marketing budget which may explain their lack of clarity. The money goes into making the phones

• Registered Users Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32850126382.html?pid=808_0000_0209&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32850126382

Good idea or bad idea?

Looking for a 5 inch or under Android phone to replace a 5s IPhone.

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32850126382.html?pid=808_0000_0209&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32850126382

Good idea or bad idea?

Looking for a 5 inch or under Android phone to replace a 5s IPhone.

Could not view your link properly, cause of mobile link. Unknown/not-trusted seller.

Here is alternative link, with VAT Free DHL shipping and the version that supports Band 20.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Global-Version-Original-Xiaomi-Redmi-4X-4-X-Pro-3GB-RAM-32GB-Mobile-Phone-Snapdragon-435/311331_32808356645.html

• Registered Users Posts: 27 john15

Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 International Version 4GB 64GB

Looking to buy the above from honorbuy. Com my current phone is on its last legs, anyone recommend it? I’ve read the camera isn’t great? Was going to wait for the 5pro but haven’t seen it advertised here yet.

john15 wrote: »
    Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 International Version 4GB 64GB

Looking to buy the above from honorbuy. Com my current phone is on its last legs, anyone recommend it? I’ve read the camera isn’t great? Was going to wait for the 5pro but haven’t seen it advertised here yet.

All you need is here:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057810034

I love mine. Check out Geekbuying Italian Warehouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 john15

Which model did you pick? any amount of different ones come up on the websites note 4x, note pro etc.
    Thanks

john15 wrote: »
    Which model did you pick? any amount of different ones come up on the websites note 4x, note pro etc.
    Thanks

Redmi Note 4 Global - Global is a key word. I chose it because I wanted a really good battery. Geekbuying Italy are out of stock atm. I went for the 4gb 64 g version.

Don't buy unless it is the official Global version with the Snapdragon processor.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,819 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm looking at the mi max 2 at the minute, just not sure about the bands. Is this ok or stay away?

Wireless connectiveity:CDMA, GSM, 3G, 4G, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth
    Frequency:
    2G:GSM B2/B3/B5/B8,CDMA BC0;
    3G:WCDMA B1/B2/B5/B8,TD-SCDMA B34/B39
    4G:FDD-LTE B1/B3/B5/B7/B8, TDD-LTE B38/B39/B40/B41
    Bluetooth:Yes,support BT4.2,HID,MU-MIMO
    WiFi:Yes,802.11 a/b/g/n
    GPS: Yes

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm looking at the mi max 2 at the minute, just not sure about the bands. Is this ok or stay away?

Wireless connectiveity:CDMA, GSM, 3G, 4G, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth
    Frequency:
    2G:GSM B2/B3/B5/B8,CDMA BC0;
    3G:WCDMA B1/B2/B5/B8,TD-SCDMA B34/B39
    4G:FDD-LTE B1/B3/B5/B7/B8, TDD-LTE B38/B39/B40/B41
    Bluetooth:Yes,support BT4.2,HID,MU-MIMO
    WiFi:Yes,802.11 a/b/g/n
    GPS: Yes

Lacking Band 20 for LTE use/coverage here.

If you live in the city or not worried about LTE/4G, it will work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,819 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Thanks Corkie. I'm all around the country so definitely have to have band 20 going by what you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Any recommendations for a phone around the 100-120 mark? My last two phones were Chinese - the Landvo L200, which was great, and a Bluboo Maya which was terrible!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BamesJond

Looking for a Xiaomi and I'm wondering wheres the best place to order from regarding delivery these days?

Also any recommendations on which model to go for? Just looking to update the mother's phone so doesn't have to be fancy, just has to be decent. Budget under €170/€180 but lower if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

BamesJond wrote: »
    Looking for a Xiaomi and I'm wondering wheres the best place to order from regarding delivery these days?

Also any recommendations on which model to go for? Just looking to update the mother's phone so doesn't have to be fancy, just has to be decent. Budget under €170/€180 but lower if possible.

Similar recommendation request here. I have an Vodafone SU6 and the display I think has taken too many knocks. I am looking at the kimovil.com recommendations and Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus and LeEco Le Max 2 seem to be the highest recommended.

The camera on the SU6 was fairly pish so would like to get a better one if possible. Also some of these seem to have an audio jack and others don't, and some are normal USB charging and others are that poxy mini USB yoke.

Don't know which way to turn now as I don't know anyone with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You can get the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 64gb 4gig ram on Honorbuy eu for 156 plus delivery. No customs.

https://www.honorbuy.com/1104-xiaomi-redmi-note-4-international-version-64gb-gold.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,658 ✭✭✭corks finest

Lacking Band 20 for LTE use/coverage here.

If you live in the city or not worried about LTE/4G, it will work fine.

Hi ref mi Max 2 have one last few months, cracker phone,I'm based in carrigaline ,and no issues whatsoever ref calls,data etc, great phone

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement