Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

This is a rather long thread .

So I was checking off some features on my wishlist.

1) warranty ?

2) 4g/wifi

3)finger print login

4) Enough storage space to cope with android updates

and so on.

Has anyone ordered and received a phone model theyre really happy with ?

I've the Maze alpha (which I know I said I was selling, but I can't bear to part with it)

I love it. The camera isn't great. In fact you could say it's poor, but if that's not an issue for you, I'd highly recommend it.

So I've just opted for a phone I love and no pics of the kids [:D]

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

spix wrote: »
    Ignoring the much cheaper stores on aliexpress that offer eu tax free shipping (first china->uk then uk->you) approx 5-8 days, they are still more expensive than other stores which have a dedicated EU warehouse such as ibuygou

ibuygou mi6 in eu warehouse = $399 + $18 shipping, 2 year warranty with warranty repairs also carried out in europe
    honorbuy mi6 in eu warehouse = $410 + $34 shipping, 1 year warranty

ibuygou mia1 = $223 + $18
    honorbuy mia1 = $240 + $34

In the past 3 weeks I have I ordered 2 phones - From both Honorbuy & Ibuygou EU warehouses. I ordered the Redmi note 4 64gb version from Ibuygou EU store and a Mi 1A from Honorbuy.

The Mi 1A has been delivered - It was ordered from Honorbuy EU on Saturday 3rd February and delivered on Tuesday 6th.

The RN4 was ordered on 22nd January. It showed in stock and I thought grand it would be delivered no later than the following week.
    No sign end of week 1. I emailed them for an update to be told it was out of stock and there was a shortage of this phone. Another few emails last week and it has shipped. But not delivered. It has been given to DHL but not delivered to Ireland or handed over to An Post yet.

It's gone 3 weeks since ordering from Ibuygo and it'll be the last time I use them. I don't mind paying extra from the likes of Honorbuy because of how quick they can actually get a phone to you. Even if Ibuygou had it in stock I reckon id still be sat waiting on it whatever way they ship things.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭adaephon

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭jfk247

I recently bought a phone from geekbuying.com IT warehouse no issues, also bought from banggood.com HK warehouse and no issues.
    Friend of mine, who upon seeing my nice little android device, realised the way of the future and decided to jump onboard the Chinese Android Phone train.
    Went on to geekbuying.com ES warehouse and purchased a phone.
    Got an email within a few minutes looking for a photo of the front and back of the entire credit card (name and last 4 digits required, other information can be covered (how nice of them))
    Proof of Id (front and back)

Email address seems legit 'support_payment@geekbuying.com' but at the same time always wary about sending credit card info via email.

Has anyone ever experienced this before with any sites especially geekbuying?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

jfk247 wrote: »
    I recently bought a phone from geekbuying.com IT warehouse no issues, also bought from banggood.com HK warehouse and no issues.
    Friend of mine, who upon seeing my nice little android device, realised the way of the future and decided to jump onboard the Chinese Android Phone train.
    Went on to geekbuying.com ES warehouse and purchased a phone.
    Got an email within a few minutes looking for a photo of the front and back of the entire credit card (name and last 4 digits required, other information can be covered (how nice of them))
    Proof of Id (front and back)

Email address seems legit 'support_payment@geekbuying.com' but at the same time always wary about sending credit card info via email.

Has anyone ever experienced this before with any sites especially geekbuying?

I had this and queried it with them, it was for fraud prevention. I also went to Geekbuying and checked the email against their addresses.

I replied with the information on the basis that it appeared to be legit and the information was useless and is on every receipt you use your credit card (ie the number blocked out but the last 4 digits etc.

After a confirmation of receipt they then confirmed it all matched the details entered into system when purchasing and my order then moved from processing to shipping the same day.

the card i use is only for interest and needs to be topped up before can be used so no chance of anyone sneaking transactions in etc.

the evidence I have is that they were legit anyway if that helps. I was buying from the spanish geekbuying warehouse too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,364 ✭✭✭corkie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro specs leak in full

Redmi Note 5 is just a rebranded Redmi 5 Plus with a 6” screen and a Snapdragon 625 chipset.

Redmi Note 5 Pro, arriving with Snapdragon 636, dual-cam on the back, arranged in the upper left corner like the iPhone X, and a 20 MP selfie snapper on the front.

To be launched tomorrow in India.

The Redmi Note 5 Pro, maybe worth the upgrade from my RN3, if a global version with band 20 gets release. I will probably wait till after July and see how much support it gets for custom roms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

corkie wrote:
    Redmi Note 5 is just a rebranded Redmi 5 Plus with a 6†screen and a Snapdragon 625 chipset.

Surprised there sticking with the 625 for that but then I suppose the upgraded chip is in the pro model.

When will they become available for us?

Hi Guys,

Anyone have any issues with the Xiaomi Mi Store on Aliexpress?

Bought Redmi 5 plus 4/64 on the weekend and have seen no update to it as yet, if I go ahead and cancel will I get my cash returned immediately or do I have to file a claim?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

adaephon wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Bought Redmi 5 plus 4/64 on the weekend and have seen no update to it as yet, if I go ahead and cancel will I get my cash returned immediately or do I have to file a claim?

Cash can take up to 10 days to return to your account. But it usually is sooner than that , 1-3 days.

I would not be in the slightest bit worried if I ordered it at the weekend and had no update yet. You might get something tonight/early morning.
    Depending on what shipping you selected, you may be waiting a month.

Hi Guys,

Could be delayed because of the below as well . The order could still go ahead fine but may be delayed ..

**Originally Posted by Discodog View Post
    I just ordered a small item of Aliexpress & got this message.

Feb 8th ,2018- Feb 23th 2018 is Chinese Spring Festival. During This period, China logistics company off work and stop delivery any packages. so all new orders will shipped out at date 25th Feb,2018 **

• Advertisement

Thanks GBX and suckit.

I shall hold fire for another while and see what happens.

Damn i'm more impatient than I thought, ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Hi Guys,

If you click on the shipping link on the sellers page there should be an estimated delivery time but with the New Year going on that could be longer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

More details on the Redmi Note 5 and Note 5 Pro.

Note 5 looks irrelevant, but the 5 pro looks like it could be fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Sounds silly but no Type C rules it out for me. Got too used to it with OnePlus 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Sounds silly but no Type C rules it out for me. Got too used to it with OnePlus 3

Ya that's a bit disappointing alright

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭baldshin

My Redmi 5 Plus arrived today from Honorbuy- great site, ordered on Saturday! All set up and posting from it now, seems to be a nice bit of kit. Now to sell on my Maze Alpha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

fixxxer wrote: »

They a respected reviewer?

Looks good - I've been itching to pull the trigger on the A1, but my current phone isn't giving any hassles.. might wait for this,,

I wonder if the successor to the A1 will be based on this chipset?

Hey Baldshin,

Did you get the 3/32 or 4/64 how do you find it so far? Ordered the 4/64 but still haven't heard anything so can cancel as order not shipped yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭omeara1113

hi looking to get a MiA1 anyone any advise
    is it worth getting
    thanks

omeara1113 wrote: »
    is it worth getting
    thanks

Have a search through the thread, there's a few people here who've got one.

omeara1113 wrote: »
    is it worth getting
    thanks

Great phone. My brother got one he loves it. Plenty of discussion on it here https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057786435

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭omeara1113

thanks for that
    thats a lot of reading but worth it
    the brothers looking into a phone for me if that dosent work out then thats the one i,ll go for
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

Hi All,

I know this has probably been brought up loads before but is anyone having any issues with deliveries from Goldway.

I put an order through end of Jan for new Note 4X which according to Aliexpress and SingPost was dispatched from Singapore on 03 Feb arriving into Ireland 05 Feb but there's been no update since.

goldway order.PNG

Anyone have issues like this before?

I've contacted An Post, Customs and SingPost but everyone is saying they don't have it and give it time.

Just find it frustrating that it's apparently in the country but no-one actually claims to have it.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Nidot wrote: »
    Hi All,

I know this has probably been brought up loads before but is anyone having any issues with deliveries from Goldway.

I put an order through end of Jan for new Note 4X which according to Aliexpress and SingPost was dispatched from Singapore on 03 Feb arriving into Ireland 05 Feb but there's been no update since.

goldway order.PNG

Anyone have issues like this before?

I've contacted An Post, Customs and SingPost but everyone is saying they don't have it and give it time.

Just find it frustrating that it's apparently in the country but no-one actually claims to have it.

Thanks

Doubt its in Ireland, singapore post would not take 2 days. Whenever I use NL post the 'destination' is considered netherlands first so could be it had arrived in singapore. It should take ~3 weeks anyway to arrive so wait until then before getting concerned.

@Nidot Aliexpress tracking for free post, can be very unreliable.

As already mentioned it has left china, but no way in Ireland yet.

By freepost it can take over 6 weeks to be delivered.

Why didn't you choose DHL? You know your more than likely will be caught for VAT on the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭baldshin

Hey Baldshin,

Did you get the 3/32 or 4/64 how do you find it so far? Ordered the 4/64 but still haven't heard anything so can cancel as order not shipped yet.

Went for the 3/32 because I'm too impatient to wait for the 4/64. It's a fantastic phone, seems a bit snappier than my Maze Alpha which had 4gb ram. Before that I had a Redmi 3 Pro and, again, this is a big upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Nidot

corkie wrote: »
    @Nidot Aliexpress tracking for free post, can be very unreliable.

As already mentioned it has left china, but no way in Ireland yet.

By freepost it can take over 6 weeks to be delivered.

Why didn't you choose DHL? You know your more than likely will be caught for VAT on the order.

Ya totally didn't think it through when I ordered.

Had my own phone smashed so quickly put in an order one evening before heading to gym and didn't think it through.

Should of brought it through Parcel Motel, did that before and it was here in no time.

Ah my haste is going to cost me.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement