Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

corwill wrote: »
    The Hammer has an IPS, I think, you might be thinking of the Zero?

Yep, you're right, it's the Zero I was thinking of.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Would the umi zero or hammer be a better choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

dedaw wrote: »
    Would the umi zero or hammer be a better choice?

Umi Zero uses the older MTK6592T chip, I think ye should be looking for MT6752 or MT6732 phones for the sort of money ye are paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Umi are doing some good phones. if the hammer was 5.5 I'd get one myself.

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/06/23/umi-iron-announced-full-specifications-listed/

Just in case you're not cleaned out before payday!;)

I'd been keeping an eye out for it because there were rumours it would come with a MT6795, so I'll be waiting a week instead to see what the Meizu MX5 is like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/06/23/umi-iron-announced-full-specifications-listed/

Just in case you're not cleaned out before payday!;)

I'd been keeping an eye out for it because there were rumours it would come with a MT6795, so I'll be waiting a week instead to see what the Meizu MX5 is like.

I had cancelled my elephone p8000 and today bought a Lenovo Yoga tablet posted in BA so thats me cleaned out.

A note for Umi Hammer buyers. The case requires you to remove the back cover of the phone. I was on the verge of complaining to e-fox about it not fitting :)

I saw a few photos my wife took today. Quality isnt great with a lot of interference on the picture. I'm hoping lollipop will solve it.

• Advertisement

I had cancelled my elephone p8000 and today bought a Lenovo Yoga tablet posted in BA so thats me cleaned out.

Spooky... http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/95979743

No doubt you'll get yours first, as per usual.

Also waiting on new battery for the ZP999 via aliexpress, it's acting up with charging and discharging (going from 15% to 4% to shutdown in about 3 min, that sort of craic).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Spooky... http://touch.boards.ie/thread/post/95979743

No doubt you'll get yours first, as per usual.

Also waiting on new battery for the ZP999 via aliexpress, it's acting up with charging and discharging (going from 15% to 4% to shutdown in about 3 min, that sort of craic).

Not good :D
    Here's one I came across , the Le TV One...a nice bit of eye candy
    http://www.geekbuying.com/item/LeTV-One-Superphone-5-5-inch-FHD-4G-LTE-Android-5-0-3GB-16GB-64-Bit-MTK-helio-X10-Octa-Core-13-0MP-Miracast-OTG---White-344318.html

The Umi Iron looks the business :rolleyes:

Here's one I came across , the Le TV One...a nice bit of eye candy

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/06/11/letv-1-x600-review/

Got a lot going for it, but it has a few kinks. Storage a bit low, without a microSD card slot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I have a phone cover (unopened) for a Umi hammer if anyone is interested. I paid 15 dollars for it. They sent me this instead of a cover for the umi zero, it would not be worth my while sending it back.

If anyone is interested send me a PM.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

I have a phone cover (unopened) for a Umi hammer if anyone is interested. I paid 15 dollars for it. They sent me this instead of a cover for the umi zero, it would not be worth my while sending it back.

If anyone is interested send me a PM.

Cheers.
    Hey, do you mind me asking what kind of cover? Thanks.

• Advertisement

henke wrote: »
    Hey, do you mind me asking what kind of cover? Thanks.

Its the flip over one with two windows on the front!

@tatranska

Let us know how you get on with the photos on the hammer please.
    I was about to pull the trigger on it but your review on the camera has put me off a little. Would love to hear lollipop saves the day.

If not I might hold out for some reviews on the iron!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

henke wrote: »
    Cheers, ordered last night still no sign of shipping. Really need this by the weekend :(.

Hate to the bearer of bad news
    I was waiting for an email for dispatch last few days but none contacted antelife them and the Umi Hammer is now on pre sale for the 1st of July so not good news.

What would Paypals take on this be im fairly pissed as i hate to be waiting for something that was in stock when i ordered and now this rubbish:(

crasy dash wrote: »
    Hate to the bearer of bad news
    I was waiting for an email for dispatch last few days but none contacted antelife them and the Umi Hammer is now on pre sale for the 1st of July so not good news.

What would Paypals take on this be im fairly pissed as i hate to be waiting for something that was in stock when i ordered and now this rubbish:(

Sorry to hear that. Mines actually came today. Didn't expect it so quickly really. So far have to say think its definitely a decent phone for the money. Hope you get it sorted out soon.

Lucky you haha
    Ya must have got one of the last phones in the warehouse.

Lucky you haha
    Ya must have got one of the last phones in the warehouse.

I ordered mines from Coolicool based on tatranska's advice. Not sure was yours the same warehouse or not? You should be covered if you used PayPal anyway.

Ordered off antelife i got confused with all the websites i was on lately:rolleyes:

Ordered off antelife i got confused with all the websites i was on lately:rolleyes:

I was going to order there but didn't go through with it after tatranska's comment on the camera. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The ECOO E04 Aurora PLUS seems like a strong device, especially for a around €180. Can't find one shipping from an EU warehouse though.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭JimmyAlfonso

johnybean wrote: »
    Just a quick update/review

P.S.
    I can do instructions or links to rooting and ROM if needed.

Hey Johnybean can you pm me the instructions/links for this. Got my lenovo a week ago and while overall I've been delighted with it I'd like to remove some of the bloatware and Chinese writing but I don't know where to start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Hey Johnybean can you pm me the instructions/links for this. Got my lenovo a week ago and while overall I've been delighted with it I'd like to remove some of the bloatware and Chinese writing but I don't know where to start.

If you google Lenovo K3 Note custom rom, the first result is the xda thread. There is instructions there, I rooted and put ASOP3 on it and I couldn't be happier. The phone zips along, I got it through with customs (just dumb luck) only cost me 146 euro, no way you would get that type of value here.

fitze69 wrote: »
    If you google Lenovo K3 Note custom rom, the first result is the xda thread. There is instructions there, I rooted and put ASOP3 on it and I couldn't be happier. The phone zips along, I got it through with customs (just dumb luck) only cost me 146 euro, no way you would get that type of value here.

How are the camera quality and battery life?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭fitzer1982

Camera is decent, its not a world beater but once you turn the HDR off it works very well. Battery lasts me the full day, I have the phone in my hand most of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

ya the ECOO E04 Aurora PLUS looks good. Also looking at the ULEFONE BE TOUCH 2.

I was originally leaning towards the Elephone p7000 or waiting for the p8000 but the black border they put around there screens is really putting me off.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry069

BLUBOO X550
    Hi all,Any idea on this, the big battery has me interested.

UMI HAMMER

LENOVO K3 Note

Its for my teenage son,
    Which one to buy???????
    Or maybe someone can suggest another around the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Gerry069 wrote: »
    BLUBOO X550
    Hi all,Any idea on this, the big battery has me interested.

UMI HAMMER

LENOVO K3 Note

Its for my teenage son,
    Which one to buy???????
    Or maybe someone can suggest another around the same price.

That Bluboo looks amazing for the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gerry069

That Bluboo looks amazing for the price!

Thank you for the comment,
    Not knowing a whole lot about smartphones but having heard enough complaints or excuses about "my phone is/was dead", I thought a big battery might be the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭T-Bird

This DOOGEE S6000 might be interesting when its realeased.

Spects (apparently)
    • Android 5.1 Lollipop
    • 2GBRAM+16GB ROM
    • 5.5-inch
    • 6000mAh monster battery: 2 days of heavy use/ 5 days of normal use/ 40 days of standby

Proposed price $139.99....

I'm waiting on a battery for my Zopo from aliexpress via Singapore Post. Its status as of 22-06 is "Despatched to overseas". The tracking number isn't showing on track and trace on anpost.ie yet.

Anyone with experience of Singapore Post care to venture a guess at how long more it might take?

It's not that I'm impatient, it's just that the battery I have isn't taking a charge any more, as of this afternoon, so I'm in danger being smartphone-less!:eek::(:mad:

• Advertisement

I'm waiting on a battery for my Zopo from aliexpress via Singapore Post. Its status as of 22-06 is "Despatched to overseas". The tracking number isn't showing on track and trace on anpost.ie yet.

Anyone with experience of Singapore Post care to venture a guess at how long more it might take?

It's not that I'm impatient, it's just that the battery I have isn't taking a charge any more, as of this afternoon, so I'm in danger being smartphone-less!:eek::(:mad:

Type the tracking number into 17track.net

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement