Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Is 2gb ram enough im having a terrible time with this huawei which has 4gb.

Keeps popping up that there is insufficient space on it even though i have a 16gb sd card set as the default storage

Id be fairly clueless when it comes to phones to be fair i see 2gb ram and 16gb storage and im confused:pac:

Back to the phone can get a new one for $200 ish off one seller and then dont mind paying the customs at least that way i know the history of the phone

I dont know im mad to just buy the one on adverts as i should have it within a few days

http://www.adverts.ie/other-mobiles/jiayu-g5a-2sim-2g-32g-android-phone/8122437

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Ram and storage are completely different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

2gb RAM is loads. Its for apps that are open in the background etc, I'd often have 14 or 15 apps with 20-30 chrome tabs on my Mi3 no bother.

The 4gb is the app storage, and 4gb is fairly limited. Delete the data from the likes of Facebook, Messenger, Instagram, Snapchat, Chrome and Twitter every once in a while to free up some space. You'll be signed out but it's a minor inconvenience.

The 16gb SD is for your photos and music or whatever crap you keep on the phone, some app data can be stored on it but very little, which is why you've insufficient space.

In future, people should be going for an 8gb App Storage MINIMUM, 4gb goes nowhere quickly.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Ram and storage are completely different things.

Thanks for that rossie man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

dedaw wrote: »
    Think I'm going to go with Tatranska's recommendation of the umi hammer. But coolicool don't have the black one in Europe.
    Anyone dealt with antelife.com? They have the black version in stock in their Spain/Germany warehouse.

I got a black one from them.
    Antelife are fine from what I've heard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭henke

What are coolicool like to deal with? Strongly tempted with the Umi Hammer. If it breaks is there any sending it back?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

henke wrote: »
    What are coolicool like to deal with? Strongly tempted with the Umi Hammer. If it breaks is there any sending it back?

Cost me 9 euro to send my Umi Zero back last month to aliexpress. I've never dealt with coolicool.

Alieexpress hold the money in Escrow, so its safe until your happy with the item you have bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Aideen10

Meizu mx4, Nubia z9 mini or Elephone P9000?? I can't decide!
    Please help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Aideen10 wrote: »
    Meizu mx4, Nubia z9 mini or Elephone P9000?? I can't decide!
    Please help!

P9000 not out until October?

abarkie wrote: »
    P9000 not out until October?

Didn't know that. Presumed when I saw them on pre sale that it would be soon.
    In no rush but the fear that when I press the 'buy now' button a new shiny unit with all bells and whistles is announced!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

In no rush but the fear that when I press the 'buy now' button a new shiny unit with all bells and whistles is announced!

FYI, Meizu are launching the MX5 on 30 June.

corwill wrote: »
    FYI, Meizu are launching the MX5 on 30 June.

Would be a whole lotta phone for $290 if Google is right.

UMI Hammer ordered

Would be a whole lotta phone for $290 if Google is right.

That's what it will go for in China, you can count on a 10-20% premium to get into your hands here via a reseller.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

That's what it will go for in China, you can count on a 10-20% premium to get into your hands here via a reseller.

Aiders, did you mean p8000 which is on presage at the moment and not the p9000?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

No matter what or whey you buy, there will always be a shiny new unit with things that you never thought you needed, but you do then!!

Raoul wrote: »
    Aiders, did you mean p8000 which is on presage at the moment and not the p9000?

Ya sorry P8000. At the end of day I'm looking for a good replacement/upgrade for my HTC M7. Something that looks good, performs well, wont break the bank

For my wife an umi hammer from coolicool.com EU warehouse for 143 e.
    5" screen. Reasonable battery. Comes with 4.4 but there is a lollipop update.
    Very impressed with build quality.
    Got it in 3 days with dhl. No customs charges.

Did they email you when it dispatched?

Did they email you when it dispatched?

Yes with a tracking number
    Ordered Monday evening. They had to delete a spare battery due to no stock which delayed it shipping by a day. We got it Thursday.

Yes with a tracking number
    Ordered Monday evening. They had to delete a spare battery due to no stock which delayed it shipping by a day. We got it Thursday.

Cheers, ordered last night still no sign of shipping. Really need this by the weekend :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Anyone looking at the Umi iron? Full spec only being released tomorrow.

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/06/19/here-is-the-umi-iron-first-official-photos/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

dedaw wrote: »
    Anyone looking at the Umi iron? Full spec only being released tomorrow.

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/06/19/here-is-the-umi-iron-first-official-photos/
    It looks great, but its a shame it doesn't have the SAMOLED screen from the Umi Hammer.

If they could do a cheap phone with that screen and otherwise high end specs they'd be on to a real winner

Cheers, ordered last night still no sign of shipping. Really need this by the weekend :(.

I wouldnt worry if its shipped with dhl it will arrive before the weekend.
    Have got stuff from china in the past in 4-5 days so germany or spain should
    be easy:pac:

Ordered one myself last night at around 10pm and had an email at 8 this morning saying they needed a telephone number as i had left it out.
    Replied and had a response within 3hours saying it would be shipped asap.

For the money really looks to be a nice phone:) cant wait to get it:pac:

crasy dash wrote: »

Ordered one myself last night at around 10pm and had an email at 8 this morning saying they needed a telephone number as i had left it out.
    Replied and had a response within 3hours saying it would be shipped asap.

Nice one, I'm without a phone atm so a bit lost. Hopefully I get it before the weekend and it turns out to be good. The money wasn't much more than I was quoted to fix my S4 mini so made sense to go for it.

I got a hammer case from e-fox for 24 euro with dhl.
    Coolicool wanted over 30. They are the same group.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

crasy dash wrote: »

Replied and had a response within 3hours

saying it would be shipped asap.

Where'd you order from? Black or white?

Ordered from antelife.com. could only get it in black for some reason the white one wouldnt show a delivery option for me

stevenmu wrote: »
    It looks great, but its a shame it doesn't have the SAMOLED screen from the Umi Hammer.

If they could do a cheap phone with that screen and otherwise high end specs they'd be on to a real winner

The Hammer has an IPS, I think, you might be thinking of the Zero?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

The Hammer has an IPS, I think, you might be thinking of the Zero?

I have the Zero, it has an Samoled screen!

Only have it since Friday, but its excellent so far!

GPS also locks on instantaneously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just about to order the Nubia z9 mini :). Wish me luck. Cheers to Hayezer and 90sBla for the recommendation for who to buy from on AliExpress.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement