Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

zerks wrote: »
    Vodafone have launched this if anyone wants a B & M alternative: http://www.gsmarena.com/vodafone_smart_ultra_6-7313.php

€169.99 on PAYG at Vodafone.ie -
    http://shop.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/vodafone-smart-ultra-6-pay-as-you-go-anthracite

MT6752 > Snapdragon 615, but not by so much as to outweigh advantages of a real warranty, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭seanin4711

johnybean wrote: »

which one you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

seanin4711 wrote: »
    which one you using?

I actually used the rom here and used the instructions here
    You have to join the first site I linked to and use google translate as the site is in Spanish but I have been using it and find it very stable. Some small things like notification LED not working (I believe from my brief investigations that this is a common error with most K3 Roms). There is also an update of the Rom I am using coming soon according to the thread.
    Hope this helps

Thinking of pulling the trigger on a K3, anybody want to stop me or redirect me before hand?

I have the K3 and (did a brief review a couple of pages back) and I have to say that the phone is pretty solid. Its not the pretiest of phones, but it is not hideous either. The best way to describe is by saying that it is a solid phone for the price, I am not blown away by it but it has not let me down since I started using it. to get the best out of it you will have to root and use a custom Rom but I think that process has been simplified since I did it as there seem to be a youtube instructional video linked in the XDA thread here
    I got mine from Aliexpress and didnt have to pay VAT so got the phone for about €160 delivered so you really cant complain.

sugarman wrote: »
    Cant decide between the Lenovo K3 Note and Vodafone Smart Ultra 6.

OnePlus was stolen on the weekend, so stuck with a piece of crap Xperia Play.

K3 & VFSU6 are fairly similar spec wise from any comparison.

Swinging towards getting the VFSU6 today, as I can walk in and get it and also have a one4all voucher I can use towards it. Main worry is having it unlocked, but seems it has been done.

Whats everyone think?

Could order the K3 now and have it next week too I suppose.

Vodafone does look like a bargain from the specs. Only concerns would be that the processor is not as powerful as K3 (may or may not be a big deal) and there is no removable battery in the vodafone. This is a big factor for me so Id have to say no, but if its not an issue for you and considering you have a voucher, I think I would go for the vodafone and get it unlocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Del007

Has anyone considered the Amazon fire phone as an alternative to getting a Chinese phone? They can get got off amazon for £99, both 32 gb and 64 gb are the same price. Anyone have any opinions about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Got a umi hammer on Wednesday having problem with the battery saying main usage is by WiFi even though it isn't turned on .
    Anybody got any experience of what I could do

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Del007 wrote: »
    Has anyone considered the Amazon fire phone as an alternative to getting a Chinese phone? They can get got off amazon for £99, both 32 gb and 64 gb are the same price. Anyone have any opinions about it?

I recall being very underwhelmed by the specs. Full of gimmicks too iirc, though it's fairly cheap at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭Del007

Shame about the size of the screen, if it had been bigger I think that I would have went for it. Interesting choice for some people though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Something is up with those specs, too good to be true. Would avoid that seller, the reviews all look fabricated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

RossieMan wrote: »
    Something is up with those specs, too good to be true. Would avoid that seller, the reviews all look fabricated.

It does look too much bang for your buck, but even at that price it would do as a kids phone if the specs are not up to scratch.
    Ali express are grand to deal with, you can get your money refunded easily enough if things don't go to plan

Edit: Curiosity got the better of me and I pulled the trigger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Has anyone ordered and received a Zeaplus M7?
    Was all set to go for P7000 but some reviews put me off. Looking now at Mlais M7, Zeaplus M7 and also maybe Jiayu S3.would have gone for UMI emax or Iron if they had band 20 for 4G. Or the iOcean Rock which has recently been reduced. Hard to decide.

gn3dr wrote: »
    Has anyone ordered and received a Zeaplus M7?
    Was all set to go for P7000 but some reviews put me off. Looking now at Mlais M7, Zeaplus M7 and also maybe Jiayu S3.would have gone for UMI emax or Iron if they had band 20 for 4G. Or the iOcean Rock which has recently been reduced. Hard to decide.

If I was taking a punt on one of those, I'd go for the Jiayu S3, more development and ROM support. I wish more of them would support band 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Now here is some interesting new. Umi Zero 2 launching in September. Looks like it has an e-ink back.

http://www.gizchina.com/2015/07/03/breaking-umi-zero-2-to-get-dual-screen-design/

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JoeOD1998

i was looking at the trusted websites and minideal is trusted i just want to know if anyone used their spanish warehouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,938 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Folks what's everyone's opinion on the OPPO R7 ? I can't seem to find a thread on it but I am interested in picking one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Right in my hazed stupidity .. malwarebytes detected Superuser as being a problem on my Jiayu S3. Instead of clicking cancel (this has shown up before) I clicked delete. So now the SU Binary needs to update. How do I go about this? In simple terms ..can anybody shed light on this for me?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

johnybean wrote: »
    I have the K3 and (did a brief review a couple of pages back) and I have to say that the phone is pretty solid. Its not the pretiest of phones, but it is not hideous either. The best way to describe is by saying that it is a solid phone for the price, I am not blown away by it but it has not let me down since I started using it. to get the best out of it you will have to root and use a custom Rom but I think that process has been simplified since I did it as there seem to be a youtube instructional video linked in the XDA thread here
    I got mine from Aliexpress and didnt have to pay VAT so got the phone for about €160 delivered so you really cant complain.

Hi Johny,

Do you have a direct link to that video? The XDA thread is pretty large and I'm finding it difficult to find the link! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,909 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do MTK processors still fail at GPS? How is that still happening? Been going on for years at this stage...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Thargor wrote: »
    Do MTK processors still fail at GPS? How is that still happening? Been going on for years at this stage...

Not mine its great.

Thargor wrote: »

I find the GPS on my Zopo ZP999 (MT6595) just fine, as long as the stock battery saver app isn't running. Reports on the MT67XX's are positive re the GPS.

I suppose your OPO teleports you to your location! Any plans to pick up the the OP2?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Hi Johny,

Do you have a direct link to that video? The XDA thread is pretty large and I'm finding it difficult to find the link! Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4PQqRXSUa4

just got cwm on k3 note by this method
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3TQH-zHvwo

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Lads what's the best place to buy a phone shipped from Europe so no customs with quick delivery?

I am thinking about biting the bullet and going for this
    DOOGEE VALENCIA2 Y100 Pro

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

JoeOD1998 wrote: »
    i was looking at the trusted websites and minideal is trusted i just want to know if anyone used their spanish warehouse?

Their spain warehouse can ship to Ireland? Why not choose UK warehouse of banggood or dealextreme?

delph09 wrote: »
    Their spain warehouse can ship to Ireland? Why not choose UK warehouse of banggood or dealextreme?

Because I'm going getting the lenovo note 8 and that's the only EU warehouse i can find it at

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

JoeOD1998 wrote: »
    Because I'm going getting the lenovo note 8 and that's the only EU warehouse i can find it at

Are the 4G bands ok for you ?

eamonnq wrote: »
    Are the 4G bands ok for you ?

Ya i dont use mobile internet often anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MelbourneDub

quick question guys, as I know things like this have been covered this thread already for android clones but here goes:

So I bought a refurbished Apple iPhone 5 from a Chinese site and An Post (DMC revenue) have decided it's fake, even though the seller is adamant that it's not, and having had a friend get one from the same seller his checked out fully so it's highly unlikely it's fake. It is refurbished and possibly cones with a non genuine charger cable or something but it's just the phone I'm interested in. It cost about 300€ so it's not like I was buying a cheap copy.

They plan on destroying it and it seems I'm out of options and without a phone. They have said they sent photos to Apple and they confirmed its a fake...but they haven't sent any corrospondance to back this up.

What are my options? Any corrospondace with DMC is formal and unhelpful in general.

It was paid for by credit card, do you think I should chase this option? The seller is insistent it's genuine and not open to negotiation.

Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement