Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Can't decide whether to do Caz to Walcott or Kane to Lukaku. Not keen on taking a -4

Most definite lukaku if it's free. Sure Walcott might not even start and caz could .
    Lukaku for sure
    A great option this week if it's for free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Invincible

my head is wrecked with this and Im sure im not the only one. Ive checked 6 rivals teams and none have them have made a move yet. Who will blink first.

They're probably waiting for you to move yet so they can work out who you got in :)

I've checked 3 rivals, 2 have made transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Invincible wrote: »
    They're probably waiting for you to move yet so they can work out who you got in :)

I've checked 3 rivals, 2 have made transfers.

they will be waiting ;) This is going to be an all nighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cambiasso QPR H or Henderson STOKE A ??
    Also Skyrtel Stoke A or Clyne M City A??

Any advice appreciated,money riding on it;)

skertl anyway
    and then it's a tough one
    prob cambiasso though given they have QPR at home and would not want 2 pool!
    although henderson could take a corner for skertl to nod in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Anyone put me off bringing in yaya for Cazorla and malign Yaya captain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

What's peoples thoughts on Giroud? Reckon he'll play?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Cambiasso QPR H or Henderson STOKE A ??
    Also Skyrtel Stoke A or Clyne M City A??

Any advice appreciated,money riding on it;)

Cambiasso definitely IMO.

Probably Skrtel over Clyne but wouldn't expect much from either. Stoke V Pool could be a 0-0 I suppose.

Right. Pretty much down to:

1. Silva and Lukaku. Bench Bolasie or Haz.
    2. Yaya and Lukaku. Sell Haz (need to to afford it) and bench Bolasie or Ramsey.
    3. Mirallas and Costa. Bench Bolasie or Haz.

Between 1 and 2 the difference is whether there is any news on Haz, be reluctant to sell if there is news that he might play. Also, silva is the safe option given his higher ownership, Yaya is the differential and potential gain, but not owning Silva could backfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Feck it, Giroud out, Lukaku (c) in. Hopefully Aguero is already on his holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »

2. Yaya and Lukaku. Sell Haz (need to to afford it) and bench Bolasie or Ramsey.

Between 1 and 2 the difference is whether there is any news on Haz, be reluctant to sell if there is news that he might play. Also, silva is the safe option given his higher ownership, Yaya is the differential and potential gain, but not owning Silva could backfire.

I'd go 1. in your position. The only pb is what to do if no news about Hazard. If news you can choose to play him or Bolasie.

I'm getting real lost personally after a week of tinkering... I'd hate to lose my hardly fought top10k position but am afraid it's now only down to luck.

1. Kane to Ulloa/Pérez/N'Doye (Ulloa strong favourite now). Play Hazard or Cambiasso. Play both ramsey & Sanchez. Agueor, Silva & Benteke for the rest of my strikeforce. No hits.
    2. Cambiasso to Young. Bench Hazard or Kane depending on news regarding the former.
    3. Hazard + Kane to Puncheon + Lukaku. Bench Cambiasso. 4 pts hit.
    4. Hazard + Kane to Yaya + Ulloa. Bench Cambiasso. 4 pts hit.

I feel 3 & 4 give me a stronger squad, particularly if Rambo or Sanchez are rested. Pb is they'll prob get a cameo...
    Prob with 3 is Lukaku did burn me (like many here) in the past.
    Prob with 4. City overkill.
    Prob with 2. United have nothing at stake and are away to a team fighting for its survival. Hull are unpredictable though. 2 CS wins in DGW34. Then 2 home defeats including Burnley and nothing in WHL to a disinterested Spurs side.
    Prob with 1. If Hazard misses out, Cambiasso is not a great replacement (DGW mistake).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I'd definitely go for Silva over Yaya, Yaya is always capable but I reckon statistically Silva is always the better ff player unless aguero is out and thus yaya is on penalities. He is the safer option, if you've incentive to go for Yaya beyond those percentages though i'd say there isn't that much in it.

I'd find getting Silva and Costa interesting myself but maybe that's beyond your price range.

I also don't see how anyone could take serious hits on this week unless they'd absolutely nothing to lose.

I'd definitely go for Silva over Yaya, Yaya is always capable but I reckon statistically Silva is always the better ff player unless aguero is out and thus yaya is on penalities. He is the safer option, if you've incentive to go for Yaya beyond those percentages though i'd say there isn't that much in it.

I'd find getting Silva and Costa interesting myself but maybe that's beyond your price range.

I also don't see how anyone could take serious hits on this week unless they'd absolutely nothing to lose.

Silva and Costa I can do if I sell Haz.

But i kinda want a piece of Everton as Spurs have been dreadful at the back. Good shout though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Oi Oi. Time to make my transfers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Ended up taking a 4 point hit with Benteke (c) and puncheon in for defoe and sterling. Ozil benched but could come in if either hazard or sanchez don't play. Have a strong team on paper this week, all 11 at home - cue a sh1t score!

This should be interesting! I sense Mirallas..

iroced wrote: »
    I'd go 1. in your position. The only pb is what to do if no news about Hazard. If news you can choose to play him or Bolasie.

I'm getting real lost personally after a week of tinkering... I'd hate to lose my hardly fought top10k position but am afraid it's now only down to luck.

1. Kane to Ulloa/Pérez/N'Doye (Ulloa strong favourite now). Play Hazard or Cambiasso. Play both ramsey & Sanchez. Agueor, Silva & Benteke for the rest of my strikeforce. No hits.
    2. Cambiasso to Young. Bench Hazard or Kane depending on news regarding the former.
    3. Hazard + Kane to Puncheon + Lukaku. Bench Cambiasso. 4 pts hit.
    4. Hazard + Kane to Yaya + Ulloa. Bench Cambiasso. 4 pts hit.

I feel 3 & 4 give me a stronger squad, particularly if Rambo or Sanchez are rested. Pb is they'll prob get a cameo...
    Prob with 3 is Lukaku did burn me (like many here) in the past.
    Prob with 4. City overkill.
    Prob with 2. United have nothing at stake and are away to a team fighting for its survival. Hull are unpredictable though. 2 CS wins in DGW34. Then 2 home defeats including Burnley and nothing in WHL to a disinterested Spurs side.
    Prob with 1. If Hazard misses out, Cambiasso is not a great replacement (DGW mistake).

On 1, I'd not fear Cambiasso as sub, he still takes some set pieces, and if this game does go high scoring and QPR capitulate any Leicester player could end up with a decent score. Ulloa of the three fwds. The thing I'd like least about 1 is playing both the Arsenal mids when they can't buy a goal lately.

2. No.

3 & 4 do strengthen the team, but, unless leading and wanting to block, hits hard to justify this week. I'd go 3 over 4 btw, Lukaku is in good form, Spurs woeful defensively.

Can you make mine then please! I'm starting to wonder who is whose director football here after inspiring your PVA move last week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

qwabercd wrote: »
    This should be interesting! I sense Mirallas..

Tempted by him myself. With Lennon being ineligible, he should start. Also looking at Charlie Adam now...really can't decide.

Tempted by him myself. With Lennon being ineligible, he should start. Also looking at Charlie Adam now...really can't decide.

If he scores big I'll be well p1ssed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

On 1, I'd not fear Cambiasso as sub, he still takes some set pieces, and if this game does go high scoring and QPR capitulate any Leicester player could end up with a decent score. Ulloa of the three fwds. The thing I'd like least about 1 is playing both the Arsenal mids when they can't buy a goal lately.

2. No.

3 & 4 do strengthen the team, but, unless leading and wanting to block, hits hard to justify this week. I'd go 3 over 4 btw, Lukaku is in good form, Spurs woeful defensively.
    Cheers for your review. Will leave it here for now. And tomorrow morning, hopefully a good night sleep and some info will help me choose between 1. & 3.

My only aim is to make a top10k finish. Have currently a 2 pts caution on it. So a 4pts hit is risky. But as you said, based on their late form, 2 Arsenal mids + Hazard could also be pretty risky to achieve my aim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I want Mirallas, Yaya and a forward. I need to shift 2 of Sanchez, Ozil and Henderbus. N'Doye being the forward I want gone although one of probably 3 forwards with anything to play for. Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

My team atm is:

Krul(panti)
    Azpi Bellerin Morgan ( pva + Clyne)
    Silva Sanchez fellaini Ramsey
    Defoe Aguero(c) benteke

Have 2.2m in the bank. Have used up my FT. I'm 7 pts behind in my ML. Is there any transfers that justify a hit?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    My team atm is:

Krul(panti)
    Azpi Bellerin Morgan ( pva + Clyne)
    Silva Sanchez fellaini Ramsey
    Defoe Aguero(c) benteke

Have 2.2m in the bank. Have used up my FT. I'm 7 pts behind in my ML. Is there any transfers that justify a hit?

I'd stick with that like up. With a -4, you are only extending your opponent's lead. 7 points is nothing on a day like today.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Anything further on Hazard?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭mccard

Really torn on what to do. Any advice hugely appreciated!

Chasing a 30 point gap so risks needed.

Going to make two changes (-4). One mid and one forward.

Current lineup is

Sanchez Gerrard Ramsey Silva

Giroud Aguero Kane

Looking to offload Sanchez and Giroud, but not sure who to.

Option 1: I can afford Yaya and Lakaku but only fear is that rival will take similar route.

Option 2: Gamble needed so thinking Bolasie and Ulloa instead.

So option 1 or 2?

And who out of the four is the better captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mccard wrote: »
    Really torn on what to do. Any advice hugely appreciated!

Chasing a 30 point gap so risks needed.

Going to make two changes (-4). One mid and one forward.

Current lineup is

Sanchez Gerrard Ramsey Silva

Giroud Aguero Kane

Looking to offload Sanchez and Giroud, but not sure who to.

Option 1: I can afford Yaya and Lakaku but only fear is that rival will take similar route.

Option 2: Gamble needed so thinking Bolasie and Ulloa instead.

So option 1 or 2?

And who out of the four is the better captain?
    Keep the 4 pts and do giroud to Lukaku or Benteke and captain them.

Mirallas or Young?

Mirallas or Young?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mirallas or Young?

Young for me. Mirallas hasn't featured for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Redo22

What's the story with Davis for Southampton? Will he play? Have panti as my other goalie and he's out

Advertisement