Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 transfers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Shane732 wrote: »
    I could just bring in a United defender and hope for a clean sheet.
    Thoughts?

Utd don't have anything to play for, Hull have to go balls to the wall, which in turn will open up Hulls defence for Utd to also go balls to the wall, for giggles.

This could be another on of those 5 all games.

If you're looking for points from this game, pick an attacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Any ideas here lads

Lukaku or costa
    Bolasie Milner Yaya Mirales (can pick 2)

Ming (myhill)
    Azpil schulp kos (alder oShea)
    Fellani cazorla new player new player (grealish)
    Benteke aguero new player

I'm selling Kane Gerard and Sanchez

I need too chase a 20 point lead ( tough I know ) so there's a hint of pint of this

Silva, Mirales & Lukaku

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

shano_88 wrote: »
    Any thoughts on a one week punt on Charlie Adam?

Ah sure you might as well have a 6 week punt on him. Thinking a few one week punts myself. Might keep Kane,as I have had him for yonks now and he could become a differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

iroced wrote: »
    As for me, Myhill/Mig // Terry Bellerin Schlupp at the back
    Silva Sanchez Ramsey Hazard Cambiasso
    Aguero Benteke Kane

1. Hazard -> Yaya. Bench Kane
    2. Kane -> Pérez. Bench Hazard.
    3. Hazard -> Young/Puncheon (why did he only play 45 min home to United?)/Adam (someone mentioned him and I see he's on good form and home to his former club) & Kane -> any forward bar RVP (the only one I can't afford)
    4. something else... like keeping Hazard and selling one of my Arsenal mid or Cambiasso...

:confused:
    FHFC wrote: »
    I have two free transfers and favouring Yaya and Lukaku for Kane and Hazard. Bench Ramsey who'll come in if Sanchez rested.

So if I read between your lines, you're basically telling me option 5. Hazard -> Yaya and bench Kane or Ramsey (for me it'd be for a 4 pts hit and anyway can only afford about £6.4m for a striker) ? Though Aguero + Silva + Yaya... wouldn't it be Man City overkill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Invincible wrote: »
    Silva, Mirales & Lukaku

Silva over Yaya- I can see that
    Mirales over bolaise- I'm not too sure
    Lukaku over costa - I'm leaning that way aswell my self Chelsea could well get 5or6 but calling the team etc won't be easy

Any other opinions lads?

• Advertisement

Any ideas here lads

Lukaku or costa
    Bolasie Milner Yaya Mirales (can pick 2)

Ming (myhill)
    Azpil schulp kos (alder oShea)
    Fellani cazorla new player new player (grealish)
    Benteke aguero new player

I'm selling Kane Gerard and Sanchez

I need too chase a 20 point lead ( tough I know ) so there's a hint of pint of this
    How's the team you're chasing like? And can you guesstimate which captain he's gonna go for? If I were you I'd make my choices accordingly, keeping in mind that 20 pts is both a big and a small task. I mean just your captain choice could be enough to make it up.

I see many going for Bolasie as their Palace mid. What about Puncheon? Is he not a better pick? He's on free kicks and scored a great one last game. He takes the corner kicks. And I feel he's a much better player overall. We would not even consider Bolasie but for his hat-trick, would we?

Also do you think Sanchez is more prone to rotation than Cazorla?

Without knowing your opponent team, just on the player's worthiness I'd go for Lukaku (Chelsea may play without any playmaker and Costa may not get the full 90, he was also very nervous in his last game), Puncheon and a City mid (form suggests Silva and Milner but Yaya's explosivity resurfaced last game it's a coin toss for me here).

How's the team you're chasing like? And can you guesstimate which captain he's gonna go for? If I were you I'd make my choices accordingly, keeping in mind that 20 pts is both a big and a small task. I mean just your captain choice could be enough to make it up.

I see many going for Bolasie as their Palace mid. What about Puncheon? Is he not a better pick? He's on free kicks and scored a great one last game. He takes the corner kicks. And I feel he's a much better player overall. We would not even consider Bolasie but for his hat-trick, would we?

Also do you think Sanchez is more prone to rotation than Cazorla?

Without knowing your opponent team, just on the player's worthiness I'd go for Lukaku (Chelsea may play without any playmaker and Costa may not get the full 90, he was also very nervous in his last game), Puncheon and a City mid (form suggests Silva and Milner but Yaya's explosivity resurfaced last game it's a coin toss for me here).
    For captain I was leaning towards lukaku but I really don't know,
    Puncheon is a great shout from set pieces I was more thinking bolaise as he's playing up front but I may rethink as his hat-trick last week might see a small surge on him

I'm leaning towards Cazorla as he's on penos that's the only thing between him and Sanchez

Ya the siva Milner Yaya call is more tricky,

Lloris
    Cahill Bertrand wasil
    Sanchez Walcott Cazorla Sterling
    Pelle Kane aguero

Degea grealish dann mcshane

Was his team last week,

@MrMac84.

Triple Arsenal midfield. It's double or quits for him. If Arsenal have their heads towards the Cup final it may suit you :cool:.

His team doesn't really help you make your choices though.

About the captain. Is he a conservative player (like he's gonna captain Aguero)? If it's the case it may be a risk too far to captain Lukaku.

In the end the big question is whether your Fellaini + Puncheon/Bolasie + Silva/Yaya/Milner + Lukaku + Benteke can outscore his Walcott + Sanchez + Sterling + Pellè + Kane by 20 pts. If so then maybe Aguero (C) otherwise you may gamble on Lukaku. Considering all these players recent form you could really make these 20 pts without a (C) punt. But the last GW is such a lottery...

In defence it's much of a muchness between you. You have to hope José didn't bluff and will play Azpi. Then I'd say it's Kos vs Dann and whatever GK you play vs Lloris.

@MrMac84.

Triple Arsenal midfield. It's double or quits for him. If Arsenal have their heads towards the Cup final it may suit you :cool:.

His team doesn't really help you make your choices though.

About the captain. Is he a conservative player (like he's gonna captain Aguero)? If it's the case it may be a risk too far to captain Lukaku.

In the end the big question is whether your Fellaini + Puncheon/Bolasie + Silva/Yaya/Milner + Lukaku + Benteke can outscore his Walcott + Sanchez + Sterling + Pellè + Kane by 20 pts. If so then maybe Aguero (C) otherwise you may gamble on Lukaku. Considering all these players recent form you could really make these 20 pts without a (C) punt. But the last GW is such a lottery...

In defence it's much of a muchness between you. You have to hope José didn't bluff and will play Azpi. Then I'd say it's Kos vs Dann and whatever GK you play vs Lloris.

He's made Aguero captain approx 7/10 weeks. So is nearly bet on him doing so again. Ya defense will be a lottery I'm just wondering would I be mad too go with Myhill over Ming, west brom see too be back in pulls effect again and even when they concede myhill picks up save points, Liverpool are cat at the minute!

He's made Aguero captain approx 7/10 weeks. So is nearly bet on him doing so again. Ya defense will be a lottery I'm just wondering would I be mad too go with Myhill over Ming, west brom see too be back in pulls effect again and even when they concede myhill picks up save points, Liverpool are cat at the minute!
    Same GKs here and I think I'm gonna go with Myhill myself. Mignolet won't stop a pen every week (though he's already on 2 pen saves this year). But Arsenal have a tendency to make the opposition GK shine.

Actually, just had a look at it in details. Myhill it is :p.
    H/a | GK | conceded | saves | points
    a | Speroni | 2 | 4 | 2
    H | Howard | 2 | 1 | 1
    H | Schmeichel | 1 | 5 | 3
    a | Hart | 2 | 4 | 2
    H | Guzan | 3 | 1 | 1
    a | Lloris | 1 | 5 | 3
    H | Cech | 0 | 0 | 6
    a | Harper / Jakupovic (~45 min each) | 1 / 1 | 4 / 3 | 2 / 2
    H | Mannone | 2 | 3 | 2
    a | Heaton | 3 | 8 | 3
    H | Fabianski | 1 | 3 | 3
    a | de Gea | 1 | 8 | 4
    H | Foster | 1 | 4 | 3
    a | Forster | 1 | 7 | 4
    H | Begovic | 2 | 4 | 2
    a | Alnwick | 4 | 0 | 0
    H | Jones | 2 | 1 | 1
    a | Green | 2 | 3 | 7 (PS)
    H | Adrián | 2 | 5 | 2
    | | | |
    H | Forster | 0 | 6 | 8
    a | Begovic | 3 | 3 | 2
    H | Hart | 2 | 1 | 1
    a | Guzan | 5 | 3 | 1
    H | Lloris | 1 | 2 | 2
    a | Schwarzer | 2 | 5 | 2
    H | Speroni | 2 | 2 | 1
    a | Howard | 2 | 2 | 1
    H | Green | 2 | 7 | 3
    a | Adrián | 3 | 6 | 3
    H | Krul | 2 | 1 | 1
    a | Mignolet | 4 | 6 | 2
    H | Heaton | 1 | 4 | 3
    a | Courtois | 0 | 1 | 6
    H | Harper | 3 | 6 | 3
    a | Fabianski | 0 | 9 | 12
    H | de Gea | 1 | 2 | 7
    a | Panti | 0 | 8 | 8
    | | | |
    | average | 1.8 | 4.0 | 3.2
    away | average | 2.1 | 4.9 | 3.7

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭Invincible

Are the press conferences taking place today?
    Usually held on Fridays but with games not until Sunday...

Ok so I'm going too go puncheon lukaku and one of Milner Yaya Silva? Who wants too decide that for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Silva is in great form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

kilburn wrote: »
    Silva is in great form

+1 been my main differential as guys closest to me didn't have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

City's home form has been juicey recently.
    Defensively Southampton have been cat since Forester got injured

I think there will be goals galore for city and maybe a few for Southampton. Neither team have much to play for. I have Silva, I'm making Augero captain and I'm bringing in YaYa

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I think there will be goals galore for city and maybe a few for Southampton. Neither team have much to play for. I have Silva, I'm making Augero captain and I'm bringing in YaYa

Hart has something to play for along with Fabianski and Mignolet iirc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Kane -> Vardy is my last transfer of the season. Will probably captain too to try break into the top 1000. Currently at 2.6k.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

SantryRed wrote: »
    Kane -> Vardy is my last transfer of the season. Will probably captain too to try break into the top 1000. Currently at 2.6k.

That would be the sort of thing you would need to get there. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

In case anyone still had any doubts about Benteke, Tim has been a bit more specific than in the quotes floating around yesterday.

Sherwood "There will be no resting of players. We're looking to go out with a win." #AVFC

In response to resting players for the FA Cup "If the lads are struggling, they won't play. If they're fit, they will play" said TS #AVFC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Southampton are playing for the last guaranteed Europa spot. Koeman talking up their resolve to win and leapfrog Spurs/ Liverpool in today's paper.

I'd hope for a few City goals but wouldn't be betting the farm on then tbh.

• Advertisement

In case anyone still had any doubts about Benteke, Tim has been a bit more specific than in the quotes floating around yesterday.

Sherwood "There will be no resting of players. We're looking to go out with a win." #AVFC

In response to resting players for the FA Cup "If the lads are struggling, they won't play. If they're fit, they will play" said TS #AVFC

I want 20 Tim Sherwood in the PL !!! :D !!!
    Southampton are playing for the last guaranteed Europa spot. Koeman talking up their resolve to win and leapfrog Spurs/ Liverpool in today's paper.

I'd hope for a few City goals but wouldn't be betting the farm on then tbh.
    Hum... Didn't pay attention to that. I guess I won't triple up on them by bringing Yaya in then.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,157 ✭✭✭✭km79

posting in behalf of my wife again as I'll be having a bit of fun with my own team!
    she has clawed her way to the top of a sizeable money league.
    she is currently equal on points with second but top due to making less transfers!
    3rd is only 2 points back so incredibly tight!
    the guy in 2nd made 2 transfers for -4 around 11 this morning (assume he thought deadline was today) and has almost certainly sold hazard looking at bank balance . person in 3rd made transfer straight after arsenal game and none since. if they did then I could advise the wife to do 2 as well........anyway her squad is as follows and I'd really appreciate help. I won't say what I think she should do as I'd like independent advice !
    mignolet myhill
    terry Kos Schlupp Alder PVA
    cazorla Sanchez hazard fellaini Boyd
    aguero benteke Kane
    TIA

km79 wrote: »
    mignolet myhill
    aguero benteke Kane
    TIA

We're very very similar
    Ming myhill
    Azpil Kos schulp alder oshea
    Caz Sanchez Fellani Gerard grealish
    Aguero Benteke Kane

Firstly Kane has too go, I was looking at costa but I'm going with lukaku
    Defenders I'm not worried about I'll stick same with keepers. The midfield is the interesting thing tho. I'm shipping Gerard and Sanchez (reasons are a few posts above ) and I'm bringing in either bolaise or puncheon for Gerard and silva or Yaya for Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,157 ✭✭✭✭km79

We're very very similar
    Ming myhill
    Azpil Kos schulp alder oshea
    Caz Sanchez Fellani Gerard grealish
    Aguero Benteke Kane

Firstly Kane has too go, I was looking at costa but I'm going with lukaku
    Defenders I'm not worried about I'll stick same with keepers. The midfield is the interesting thing tho. I'm shipping Gerard and Sanchez (reasons are a few posts above ) and I'm bringing in either bolaise or puncheon for Gerard and silva or Yaya for Sanchez.

yes along the lines of what I'm thinking BUT the crux of the matter is whether to take a hit or not with it being so tight!
    original plan was kans to ulloa only. but with doubts over so many midfielders starting and kane a sure starter..........could upgrade Boyd to mahrez or bolasie and play 352 with kan first sub!
    a 4 point hit gives so many other options though......

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Walcott anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

km79 wrote: »
    posting in behalf of my wife again as I'll be having a bit of fun with my own team!
    she has clawed her way to the top of a sizeable money league.
    she is currently equal on points with second but top due to making less transfers!
    3rd is only 2 points back so incredibly tight!
    the guy in 2nd made 2 transfers for -4 around 11 this morning (assume he thought deadline was today) and has almost certainly sold hazard looking at bank balance . person in 3rd made transfer straight after arsenal game and none since. if they did then I could advise the wife to do 2 as well........anyway her squad is as follows and I'd really appreciate help. I won't say what I think she should do as I'd like independent advice !
    mignolet myhill
    aguero benteke Kane
    TIA

It's a solid team I'd sell cazorla wouldn't take a hit and would keep kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Walcott anyone??

No.

Why? He's been poor so far tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Walcott anyone??

Is in my thoughts would defo do it if I knew he would start or if I find out hazard is out. Can't risk both Haz and walcott in my squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

wonski wrote: »
    No.

Why? He's been poor so far tbh.

Just reckon he'll get a start and he looked sharp the other night. Where's Mr. P when ya need him?! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Currently chasing 15points!

Have both Hazard & Sanchez ... what's the general consensus with these two.. will they play & should I ship either?

Advertisement