Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Tim Sherwood could be forgiven for having an eye, or possibly even both eyes, on next week’s FA Cup final against Arsenal. But even though Aston Villa’s top-flight place is safe and already-relegated Burnley are heading to Villa Park, he has vowed not to rest players.

This from the Guardian preview. Only quote I saw waa that it was gonna be a full house and they wanted to win the game for the fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

FHFC wrote: »
    Tim Sherwood could be forgiven for having an eye, or possibly even both eyes, on next week’s FA Cup final against Arsenal. But even though Aston Villa’s top-flight place is safe and already-relegated Burnley are heading to Villa Park, he has vowed not to rest players.

This from the Guardian preview. Only quote I saw waa that it was gonna be a full house and they wanted to win the game for the fans.

That does sound like Sherwood to me to be honest. I can't see him resting players. A number of websites are now carrying it:

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-sherwood-wont-rest-players-cup-132613790--sow.html

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/aston-villa/sherwood-wont-rest-players-for-cup-1937858.html

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

They could also gain £2.5 million if they leap frog Sunderland and Leicester.

They could also lose £1.2 million if they lose and Newcastle leap frog them.

Plenty of incentive to win their last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

my squad as stands:

Ospina(Myhill)
    Skrtel Ivan Kolarov (PVA, Dawson)
    Sterling Hazard Silva Ramsey (Walters)
    Kane Giroud Aguero

1 F/T. Not adverse to taking a -4. Hazard, Sterling, Rambo & Giroud all genuine concerns in terms of not starting... may actually start Walters as he has decent history against Liverpool...

Any suggestions for transfers???

NP “Nugent won’t be available this week, but he’s made good progress. If there was more riding on the game, he'd be a consideration" #LCFC

Good news for Ulloa fanciers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

How come the scout hasn't put up their picks yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

How come the scout hasn't put up their picks yet?

They post them the night before deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

jimmii wrote: »
    They post them the night before deadline.

Sorry forgot all the fixtures are on sunday ! :o

Sorry forgot all the fixtures are on sunday ! :o

Scoutcast was out tonight will have to make so with that! Although it'll probably be all about signing hazard or captaining hazard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Thought the games were on tomorrow for some reason. Going for a 4 point hit this week, too many attackers with doubts/tough fixtures/generally crap (sterling,sanchez,hazard,ozil,defoe). Defoe out for benteke will be one transfer. Sterling out for either puncheon, siggy or mirallas...thoughts? Really want mirallas but he's far from guaranteed a start.

• Advertisement

qwabercd wrote: »
    Thought the games were on tomorrow for some reason. Going for a 4 point hit this week, too many attackers with doubts/tough fixtures/generally crap (sterling,sanchez,hazard,ozil,defoe). Defoe out for benteke will be one transfer. Sterling out for either puncheon, siggy or mirallas...thoughts? Really want mirallas but he's far from guaranteed a start.

If you can field 11 then I really don't think a hit can be justified unless you need take a big risk to try make up ground for something and not looking at OR so much.

If you can field 11 then I really don't think a hit can be justified unless you need take a big risk to try make up ground for something and not looking at OR so much.

Yeah you're probably right. I really want benteke though, and there's a possibility 3 of ozil/hazard/sanchez/sterling won't play.

Yeah you're probably right. I really want benteke though, and there's a possibility 3 of ozil/hazard/sanchez/sterling won't play.

Hits aren't great at the best of times a hit for just one game just isn't going to result in your having a highest points expectation outside of extreme situations. There will be players who go and score 15 pointers but it could literally be any attacking player chances are it will be one you don't sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭shano_88

Any thoughts on a one week punt on Charlie Adam?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

I dunno what to do this week. Potentially missing all of or some combination of: Benteke, Giroud, Hazard, Sanchez, and Ramsey. It is what it is. Far too much guesswork involved so I might just leave it as it is.

Serious selection headache.

Wenger seems to be ruling out wholesale rotation, but who actually gets rested is anybody's guess. With their league season over and cup final ahead don't expect much from Arsenal anyhow.Playing both Sanchez and Ramsey isnt attractive. But who to sell/bench!?

Hazard could play 60 and get a double digit score, or play the last 5 to get a 38th appearance and one point.

Leicester v QPR is my tip for a goal fest, no Green or Caulker for QPR, Zamora a doubt too. Ramsey saying young players will be involved. I don't think I'll get Ulloa but I certainly want to play Albrighton.

Bolasie has played well last couple, and looking for a move, could even be up front, good stats, unlucky not to have had a couple of goals recently.

And that's just my midfield!

Silva, Yaya, Mirallas all tempting for one of my FTs but even if I could decide which of that 5 to sell, who the hell do I then bench!!

Any ideas!??

Up Lukaku is the favourite, Costa a temptation. Ulloa a tasty option too.

I can afford more or less any combination esp if I sell Haz. Kane is 100% gone.

Mirallas and Costa.
    Silva/Yaya and Lukaku.
    Maybe leave midfield alone and upgrade a defender.

Head explosion imminent!!!

Hits aren't great at the best of times a hit for just one game just isn't going to result in your having a highest points expectation outside of extreme situations. There will be players who go and score 15 pointers but it could literally be any attacking player chances are it will be one you don't sign.

True, but I don't have much to play for really as it's unlikely I'll break into top 1k now. Would rather have a bit of fun on the last gameweek tbh with players who at least have the potential to score big.

True, but I don't have much to play for really as it's unlikely I'll break into top 1k now. Would rather have a bit of fun on the last gameweek tbh with players who at least have the potential to score big.

If it wasn't for the boards FSA team I would probably do the same. Anywhere between 2k and 9k is the same really.

If its just for the craic then may as well do something good and punty!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

If it wasn't for the boards FSA team I would probably do the same. Anywhere between 2k and 9k is the same really.

If its just for the craic then may as well do something good and punty!!!

That's the thing though: this week is an impossible call. So many teams have nothing to play for so will be pretty chill.

17 points off the top 1k, think I'll go for the 4 point hit and benteke as a punty captain, probably the only way I could possibly get into triple figures. Pity about last week's sh1tty return.

• Advertisement

17 points off the top 1k, think I'll go for the 4 point hit and benteke as a punty captain, probably the only way I could possibly get into triple figures. Pity about last week's sh1tty return.

Makes sense good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Feck it -4 done Benteke and Remy in for Giroud and Kane. Not a penny left in the fpl pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

If I'm getting rid of one, Sanchez or Hazard?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    Serious selection headache.

Wenger seems to be ruling out wholesale rotation, but who actually gets rested is anybody's guess. With their league season over and cup final ahead don't expect much from Arsenal anyhow.Playing both Sanchez and Ramsey isnt attractive. But who to sell/bench!?

Hazard could play 60 and get a double digit score, or play the last 5 to get a 38th appearance and one point.

Leicester v QPR is my tip for a goal fest, no Green or Caulker for QPR, Zamora a doubt too. Ramsey saying young players will be involved. I don't think I'll get Ulloa but I certainly want to play Albrighton.

Bolasie has played well last couple, and looking for a move, could even be up front, good stats, unlucky not to have had a couple of goals recently.

And that's just my midfield!

Silva, Yaya, Mirallas all tempting for one of my FTs but even if I could decide which of that 5 to sell, who the hell do I then bench!!

Any ideas!??

Up Lukaku is the favourite, Costa a temptation. Ulloa a tasty option too.

I can afford more or less any combination esp if I sell Haz. Kane is 100% gone.

Mirallas and Costa.
    Silva/Yaya and Lukaku.
    Maybe leave midfield alone and upgrade a defender.

Head explosion imminent!!!

I'm in a similar position than yourself. With an already exploded head :p...

If you do nothing, can't you just bench one of your Arsenal mid? Or get a mid for Hazard and keep and bench Kane and play 5 in midfield?

I may be wrong but I'm not tempted by Costa at all. His last game he was more interested in kicking the defenders than the ball.

Upfront Pérez has something to play for and has scored in his last 2 home games. But I never saw him play. I don't even know what he looks like. I'm just tempted because he has something at stake...

Now chosing between the Arsenal mids is a nightmare. Ramsey blanking for the DGW makes my move for him a very bad one now...If Wenger criteria is physical form they should both be the ones to be benched. Ramsey because he had minor knocks lately and Sanchez because he played a lot and we learned recently that he even played through pain. But I certainly don't want that...

Looking at your squad and with all the recent news we had, I'd say the safest move could well be Hazard -> Silva and bench Kane. But you may not want to play safe :p.

As for me, Myhill/Mig // Terry Bellerin Schlupp at the back
    Silva Sanchez Ramsey Hazard Cambiasso
    Aguero Benteke Kane

1. Hazard -> Yaya. Bench Kane
    2. Kane -> Pérez. Bench Hazard.
    3. Hazard -> Young/Puncheon (why did he only play 45 min home to United?)/Adam (someone mentioned him and I see he's on good form and home to his former club) & Kane -> any forward bar RVP (the only one I can't afford)
    4. something else... like keeping Hazard and selling one of my Arsenal mid or Cambiasso...

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Head is also wrecked but went with a crazy/stupid descision in the end - Kane and Giroud out, Ulloa and Lukaku in. That leaves me with Hazard, Sanchez and Bellerin all doubts. But it's the last GW and felt like taking a risk :)

Edit - ****e, just realised matches aren't on until Sunday :( and you can make transfers until Sunday 11.30am!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

sheroman01 wrote: »
    If I'm getting rid of one, Sanchez or Hazard?
    hazard:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

thinking benteke for kane, bolasie for hazard?:o

iroced wrote: »
    I'm in a similar position than yourself. With an already exploded head :p...

If you do nothing, can't you just bench one of your Arsenal mid? Or get a mid for Hazard and keep and bench Kane and play 5 in midfield?

I may be wrong but I'm not tempted by Costa at all. His last game he was more interested in kicking the defenders than the ball.

Upfront Pérez has something to play for and has scored in his last 2 home games. But I never saw him play. I don't even know what he looks like. I'm just tempted because he has something at stake...

Now chosing between the Arsenal mids is a nightmare. Ramsey blanking for the DGW makes my move for him a very bad one now...If Wenger criteria is physical form they should both be the ones to be benched. Ramsey because he had minor knocks lately and Sanchez because he played a lot and we learned recently that he even played through pain. But I certainly don't want that...

Looking at your squad and with all the recent news we had, I'd say the safest move could well be Hazard -> Silva and bench Kane. But you may not want to play safe :p.

As for me, Myhill/Mig // Terry Bellerin Schlupp at the back
    Silva Sanchez Ramsey Hazard Cambiasso
    Aguero Benteke Kane

1. Hazard -> Yaya. Bench Kane
    2. Kane -> Pérez. Bench Hazard.
    3. Hazard -> Young/Puncheon (why did he only play 45 min home to United?)/Adam (someone mentioned him and I see he's on good form and home to his former club) & Kane -> any forward bar RVP (the only one I can't afford)
    4. something else... like keeping Hazard and selling one of my Arsenal mid or Cambiasso...

:confused:

I have two free transfers and favouring Yaya and Lukaku for Kane and Hazard. Bench Ramsey who'll come in if Sanchez rested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Any ideas here lads

Lukaku or costa
    Bolasie Milner Yaya Mirales (can pick 2)

Ming (myhill)
    Azpil schulp kos (alder oShea)
    Fellani cazorla new player new player (grealish)
    Benteke aguero new player

I'm selling Kane Gerard and Sanchez

I need too chase a 20 point lead ( tough I know ) so there's a hint of pint of this

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I've a 4 point gap to close to win my league.

Hazard is proving a big decision.

I only have one free transfer so there's no point in taking a 4 point hit.

Would I be mad to go Hazard to Mata? Or maybe Yaya instead?

I could just bring in a United defender and hope for a clean sheet.
    Thoughts?

Advertisement