Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 38 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    I think 1 given your objective to hold your rank rather than being chasing.

I've decided to sell Hazard. Silva in.

So. Costa or Lukaku for the last position?? Have exactly the money for Costa after last nights rises.
    Based on what I saw from Costa in his last game and with potentially no playmakers in Chelsea's team I'd gamble on Lukaku.

That said Sunderland may have pressure so much off that they could be hammered. But Chelsea have nothing at stake too, just finish better than the 3-0 defeat away to WB.

And to finish with my team. Would you start Cambiasso or chance Hazard. The 1 pt cameo terrifies me... In fairness I'd sell Hazard for a -4 but don't see obvious options that would justify a 4 pts hit vs Cambiasso.

--- edit ---
    Too late now. Hazard on the pitch. Cambiasso first sub. Couldn't manage to take a decision regarding him. Looking at how my season went, it now seems written that the 1 pt cameo will burn me :rolleyes:...

I didn't enjoy at all this last week. Have a lot to lose (I'm really taking it too seriously :pac: :rolleyes:....) and it's bound to be a lottery...

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Hazard »»» Silva
    Sterling »»» Mata
    Giroud »»» Lukaku

I'm defending my 95 pts lead, fingers crossed...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭remoteboy

km79 wrote: »
    I'd do that and drop PVA

Done. Good luck everyone. Enjoy the last day of shredded nerves. At least for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Did Giroud and Hazard out for Lukaku and Walcott with my 2 free transfers. Hoping that Wenger starts Theo now to justify the transfer in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

bezuaua wrote:
    I'm defending my 95 pts lead, fingers crossed...

I'd say you'll be okay...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

This GW is gonna be a disaster. I feel it already. Could see myself being pipped to the post by my main rival.

But ah sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Sanchez -> Yaya
    Ozil -> Mirallas

Decided to keep N'Doye rather than go -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Costa and Walcott in for Sterling and Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Sanchez -> Yaya
    Ozil -> Mirallas

Decided to keep N'Doye rather than go -4.

You should be fine.

I transferred N'Doye in for Giroud:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    Based on what I saw from Costa in his last game and with potentially no playmakers in Chelsea's team I'd gamble on Lukaku.

That said Sunderland may have pressure so much off that they could be hammered. But Chelsea have nothing at stake too, just finish better than the 3-0 defeat away to WB.

And to finish with my team. Would you start Cambiasso or chance Hazard. The 1 pt cameo terrifies me... In fairness I'd sell Hazard for a -4 but don't see obvious options that would justify a 4 pts hit vs Cambiasso.

--- edit ---
    Too late now. Hazard on the pitch. Cambiasso first sub. Couldn't manage to take a decision regarding him. Looking at how my season went, it now seems written that the 1 pt cameo will burn me :rolleyes:...

I didn't enjoy at all this last week. Have a lot to lose (I'm really taking it too seriously :pac: :rolleyes:....) and it's bound to be a lottery...

Jesus that was stressful. Add the fact I was trying to get my kids bathed & showered to head to a birthday party at 12 and it was pure FPL hell! :)

Decided not to risk Costa for the reasons you outlined, so went for The safe(r) option of Lukaku, so then I decided to take the differential riskier (rank wise) option of Yaya Toure. He WILL score on his last Ethiad game. Transfers confirmed about 11.25, kids clean as a whistle too. ;)

No attacking cover in the Chelsea game is a worry, that was part of the Costa attraction if getting rid of Hazard. Ramsey on the bench! Bolasie and Albrighton playing. Aguero Capt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ozil and Walters to walcott and milner. I could do with a walcott show like the Xmas one against newcastle a couple of yrs back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Kane--->Uolla
    Bertrand--->Kolorav

For a minus 4, hopefully they come good. I'll be happy to stay in the top 10k but top 5k still possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

Chasing 6 pt lead. I bought Ulloa for Defoe. Played Phillips and Kane ahead of Hendo. My main worry is Chelsea. I have none and he had Hazard and Ivan. My hopes are high but my expectations are not. Still kinda happy. He was 200 ahead 3 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I'm not liking this everyone having Walcott thing especially after suffering with him for over a month earlier in the year :pac:

Jesus that was stressful. Add the fact I was trying to get my kids bathed & showered to head to a birthday party at 12 and it was pure FPL hell! :)

Decided not to risk Costa for the reasons you outlined, so went for The safe(r) option of Lukaku, so then I decided to take the differential riskier (rank wise) option of Yaya Toure. He WILL score on his last Ethiad game. Transfers confirmed about 11.25, kids clean as a whistle too. ;)

No attacking cover in the Chelsea game is a worry, that was part of the Costa attraction if getting rid of Hazard. Ramsey on the bench! Bolasie and Albrighton playing. Aguero Capt

Yeah it was indeed stressful. I think it was even worse than last year when I had an 11 pts lead to defend in my cash league since my main aim this year is the overall rank (no cash leagues) and now to defend a hard fought top 10k position. How can you "check" 10 000 teams though :rolleyes: :P :pac:...

The worse feeling is that any other week of the season I'd be full of confidence with all my 12 outfield players at home!!! But it's GW38...

Ah well... Hazard to be OK and run riot or to be out and Cambiasso to assist Ulloa many many many times :p...

I'm terrified for this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'm terrified for this week.

I agree. Just off to the Cavan game so at least that'll keep my mind off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I saved my FT this week, lets see if that was the right move...

(I couldnt be arsed playing this week)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Going to pay no attention today. Have a strong team and barring a total cluster**** of a day I should finish in the top 5000. I'd be delighted with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

wonski wrote: »
    2 goals in 3 might sound like a great result, but he doesn't seem to be Theo Walcott yet.

Personal opinion. Far from being an in form player,

He is in form now my old pal

• Advertisement

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Gooners wrote:
    Chasing 6 pt lead. I bought Ulloa for Defoe. Played Phillips and Kane ahead of Hendo. My main worry is Chelsea. I have none and he had Hazard and Ivan. My hopes are high but my expectations are not. Still kinda happy. He was 200 ahead 3 months ago.

Mighty close. That hazard assist might crew u over though

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Big Borg

Giroud has been worthless for me the last five games. Next season, I will not touch him.

I wish I had paid more attention to the bold part. You were right about Cambiasso too. Those 6 points could cause me a mountain of regrets...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Just lost my mini league by a point. Smallings yellow at the very death.

Lol.

Big Borg wrote: »
    Giroud has been worthless for me the last five games. Next season, I will not touch him.

Still not as bad as Lukaku. Rather play ten than have him.

FutureGuy wrote: »

Lol.

That has got to hurt.
    I have equally bad story (for my rival)
    I was 6 behind today. I beat him by 3.
    His transfer? De Gea to Courtois...Ouch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,518 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

FutureGuy wrote: »

Lol.

I won one of mine by virtue of less transfers made over the season after 2 of us finished level on points. My final ranking was 4485, his 4493.

Close!

km79 wrote: »
    Defoe to ulloa
    Did this good choice
    I would be looking at switching Defoe for Cisse or Ulloa,
    you've decisions to make re your bench also, I'd play Kane and bench Henderson,
    Benched Hendo for Kane another good choice
    You have to back the big money signing there, Leicesters defensive record of late is not encouraging for Phillips.
    Well done. Really was going to bench Cazorla

Some great advice on this forum. These three pieces of advice in last hour before deadline won me my second league. Well done guys and thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Just watched the news:eek:
    You can all ignore me in next gameweek transfers thread:D

Glad to see it worked, and happy with Walcott's performance.

He wasn't on my shopping list anyway, but well done to those who got him in this week.

My Sterling&Giroud (-4) out for Hazard&N'Doye got me 2 points profit, too. Every little helps.

Advertisement