Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Election 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    lol I thought you'd say that. :)

Actually if that exit poll is right the SNP have taken nearly all Scottish seats.

Sturgoen is urging caution on those figures. I tend to agree, much too early to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

If only Sunderland were as good as getting a result in their counts as they were as getting one in football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Salivating at the continued breakup of the UK in front of my eyes.

Why? Why do you salivate at the idea of the UK breaking up?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Bbc TV coverage pretty disappointing technically , delays in links , poor graphics , dimbelby doesn't seem to be on his game and they're all obsessed with this "eating my hat " metaphor mentioned by ashdown , very fuddy- duddy stuff so far and those coloured tiles outside broadcasting house ...daft!

They are ganging up on Farage...might only come third according to BBC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,790 ✭✭✭✭bilston

As a fairly Liberal Unionist (to the point I now vote Alliance in East Belfast) I shudder at the prospect of the DUP having leverage on Cameron and the British government. Their conservative social attitudes have no place in the second half of the 20th century never mind the 21st century.

They are ganging up on Farage...might only come third according to BBC

Hopefully

LordSutch wrote: »
    Why? Why do you salivate at the idea of the UK breaking up?

It will put an end to their bullying around the world and riding shotgun for the US. Plus it will precipitate benificial change here.

• Administrators Posts: 53,648 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sunderland WEST!

Con 7,033
    Lab 20,478
    Ukip 7,321
    Lib Dem 993

• Advertisement

It will put an end to their bullying around the world and riding shotgun for the US. Plus it will precipitate benificial change here.

How? Scotland is a small rainy rump on Englands arse! the 60 million in England will still be there the country will still exist.

Salivating at the continued breakup of the UK in front of my eyes.

Well while I fundamentally disagree with you on the Union, I have to agree that if the SNP end up winning 98% of the seats in Scotland yet Scotland wakes up to five more years of Conservative rule in Westminster than yes the Union with Scotland could be on very shaky ground.

Still I take the view that the Scottish parliamentary and Welsh and Northern Irish assembly elections are more important to those countries than the General Election.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Gerry Adams on RTE talking about getting out the vote.
    But the SF people who are elected don't take their seat and so can't vote for anything.
    People getting paid for doing half a job!

SF always says that people who vote for them know that they're getting this style of elected rep.

They're surely getting short changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

UK bullying? wrong century mate.

bilston wrote: »
    Well while I fundamentally disagree with you on the Union, I have to agree that if the SNP end up winning 98% of the seats in Scotland yet Scotland wakes up to five more years of Conservative rule in Westminster than yes the Union with Scotland could be on very shaky ground.

Still I take the view that the Scottish parliamentary and Welsh and Northern Irish assembly elections are more important to those countries than the General Election.

Illustrates the problem with FPTP, 45% votes to leave the UK, the same 45% can win every seat for the SNP but you still have that 55% (obviously the actual numbers are probably different right now). They had their chance and decided to stay.

Illustrates the problem with FPTP, 45% votes to leave the UK, the same 45% can win every seat for the SNP but you still have that 55% (obviously the actual numbers are probably different right now). They had their chance and decided to stay.

Yeah, but the SNP may take this potential result as a mandate to throw in a second referendum into their 2016 Scottish parliamentary election manifesto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Where is Peter Snow and his Swingometer when you need him.

Loved that gadget.

awec wrote: »
    Someone needs to shut Mary Lou up. Is she capable of talking about anything other than the same old sh**e?
    "Nice day isn't it?"
    "The weather reflects the beginning of the end of the Union."

• Advertisement

BBC NI coverage has turned into the DUP and SF show.

Boot the two of them off. Both are insufferable wind bags.
    RTE with I think UUP and SF. Boring.

Any exit polls for NI on its own?

How? Scotland is a small rainy rump on Englands arse! the 60 million in England will still be there the country will still exist.

I don't think England could muster or keep their defences forces funded so therefore their influence and bullying power will diminish. It's declining all the time as it is.

Rainy hump? :D I think Scotland might sicken the English one way or another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

BBC NI coverage has turned into the DUP and SF show.

Boot the two of them off. Both are insufferable wind bags.

No way could I watch the NI talking heads. A depressing sectarian carve-up with the usual scripted responses. Anyone know when a result from East Belfast is expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,123 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Yeah, but the SNP may take this potential result as a mandate to throw in a second referendum into their 2016 Scottish parliamentary election manifesto.

The SNP will not take 58 seats, what will put the referendum in the manifesto is a Tory Government with it's in/out EU referendum.

If the Cons get the majority predicted and proceed with a EU ref, I think a second ref is inevitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

imme wrote: »
    Gerry Adams on RTE talking about getting out the vote.
    But the SF people who are elected don't take their seat and so can't vote for anything.
    People getting paid for doing half a job!

SF always says that people who vote for them know that they're getting this style of elected rep.

They're surely getting short changed.

To take their seats they would have to swear an oath of allegiance to the queen.

I think it's pretty clear there's not a snowball's chance in hell of that happening, and there's no way their supporters would endorse such a move.

If the oath were removed then I think there would be strategic merit in them taking their seats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

The SNP would be wise to only go for another referendum when they're sure of victory. I'm not sure if they'll be at that point for a few years yet. Another Tory government would help though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,123 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Political reporter for the Glasgow Herald

Capture.jpg

Advertisement