Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Election 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Dave© may be happy to stick with the Lib Dems as it's familiar & the lib dems will be desperate to remain relevent with a tiny amount of seats,

Or

Dave© may want to boot out the Dems, who he never enjoyed sharing power with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Ashdown saying a different UGOV poll showing them with 30 seats.

Totally rubbishing the exit poll.

• Administrators Posts: 53,505 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭B17G

If the exit poll is close, the calls for another referendum in Scotland will grow and grow

I'd tend to agree, especially if any EU referendum result showed a marked divergence in Scotland (stay in the EU) as opposed to England (leave it).

Time will tell, but I agree.

Its 22,000 respondents over 650 constituencies.

@ just 33 per constituency, its too small a sample to hold much water.

Correction.

The 'exit pollster' said they interviewed outside just 140 polling places.

They are confident of accuracy, but I wouldn't be certain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

That exit poll makes the night very interesting. The perceived fear of SNP has been a great campaign tactic for the Tories.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 454 ✭✭Peter Anthony

Nice to see there is still hope the Labour party wont Islamify the whole of Britain.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'm astonished at these results if they turn out to be accurate.

This will give Sturgeon and the SNP the perfect opportunity to push for another referendum should there be an EU referendum in 2017. Scots must be fed up to the back teeth at the prospect of the Tories AGAIN.

Incredible, if true.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Ashdown saying a different UGOV poll showing them with 30 seats.

Totally rubbishing the exit poll.

Can't find that anywhere.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

I'm astonished at these results if they turn out to be accurate.

This will give Sturgeon and the SNP the perfect opportunity to push for another referendum should there be an EU referendum in 2017. Scots must be fed up to the back teeth at the prospect of the Tories AGAIN.

Incredible, if true.
    If it's accurate then Scotland will be the only interesting thing for the term of the next parliament.
    awec wrote: »
    My goodness, the BBC NI coverage is just Mary Lou and Reg Empey arguing about independent scotland and a fecking "autonomous" NI. :(
    BBC NI, the worst of the BBCs.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

cots must be fed up to the back teeth at the prospect of the Tories AGAIN.

Incredible, if true.

People in Scotland are told tough, deal with it. The minute there is a chance that the SNP might influence the UK Government, the Tories and media foam at the mouth and demonise the Scots democratic choice

If anyone is sure of the exit polls then fill yer boots with the bookies. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Don't go into coalition and they'll face wipeout in the next election anyway

I would have thought that a period in opposition would be their only chance of survival.

Mind you, paddy ash down has just emphasised that they would do what is in the national interest so if the Tories can only get in with the libdems, it would suggest they would go back into government (probably with dup support).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Exit Polls Thursday @ 10:30pm.
    (Ipsos/MORI/Gfk).

Conservative = 316
    Labour = 239
    SNP = 58
    Lib Dem = 10
    UKIP = 2
    Other = 25

So let's see how this looks in the morning.

People in Scotland are told tough, deal with it. The minute there is a chance that the SNP might influence the UK Government, the Tories and media foam at the mouth and demonise the Scots democratic choice
    Such a pity how the Scots used their democratic voice last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

The @YouGov exit poll:

CON 284
    LAB 263
    LD 31
    SNP 48
    UKIP 2
    PLAID 3
    GREEN 1

A massively different outcome there, an exit poll that seems more in line with the opinion polls.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,410 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I have put a few quid on a Conservative/DUP coalition for the laugh. The DUP have 8 seats and almost certainly will not be losing any. East Belfast looks like it will be a certain gain. They also have a chance at gaining North Down or South Belfast, giving them 10-11 seats.

Nice to see there is still hope the Labour party wont Islamify the whole of Britain.

Its things like the below & a Lab/SNP coalition that may drive English heartland to the Tories.

We'll see by the morning.

labour-election-se_3290517e.jpg

• Advertisement

PaddyPower setting the Tories' over/under at 309.5. Would have thought the under looks good there.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus I know it's an exit poll but if it's any way near right then that's an amazing result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Jon Stark wrote: »
    That's astounding, how accurate are the exit polls in respect of the final result.

I presume it has improved but I think the 1992 one was way out on the night.

Talking very small margins as well that can cause a swing.

It would sicken me if the DUP managed to wriggle their way into government. :(
    If only Ian were here to see it. :P
    I have put a few quid on a Conservative/DUP coalition for the laugh. The DUP have 8 seats and almost certainly will not be losing any. East Belfast looks like it will be a certain gain. They also have a chance at gaining North Down or South Belfast, giving them 10-11 seats.
    Had a blast at that myself. Don't think it'll happen but the odds were very long.

PaddyPower setting the Tories' over/under at 309.5. Would have thought the under looks good there.

Definitely take the 'under' on that.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus I know it's an exit poll but if it's any way near right then that's an amazing result.

Exit polls tend to be pretty spot-on or miles off. :P I'd be surprised if the Tories break 300.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

It would sicken me if the DUP managed to wriggle their way into government. :(

Better them than the Shinners, not that SF would bother to take their seats anyway.
    Shame the UUP & the SDLP are so weak nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

LordSutch wrote: »
    Better them than the Shinners, not that SF would bother to take their seats anyway.
    Shame the UUP & the SDLP are so weak nowadays.

The DUP are far, far worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Bloody hell both BBC1 and BBC2 are on the election for the whole night.

Advertisement