Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names] - Part II

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

J Mysterio wrote: »
    How about a funeral selfie?

That looks photoshopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That selfie doesn't look real!

Bit harsh on the public messages for dead relatives versus visiting the graves too by the way.

But Mother's/Father's day puts FB in a spin alright, some girl I know posted a status at @11:20pm: "almost missed it but Happy Father's Day to the best Dad in the world". He hasn't got facebook he wouldnt have seen it 12 hours earlier never mind at that time.

I hope the dopey at least told him in person!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

tag the dead person in the photo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭haveringchick

Pherekydes wrote: »
    In my opinion, they are equivalent, yes.

So, in your opinion I only visit my child's grave because im looking for attention.
    Interesting.
    Attention from whom might I ask?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

dem gurlz only h8 mi coz dey no dere bfs wana fuk mi,fuk d h8rs u only got 1lyf rmbr tat

*shudder*

This marvellous use of the English language got 62 Likes, I guess in Facebook land that's an achievement.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ah come on, dont be too harsh .... Looking at the FB name the person is Chinese and tries to write English

inforfun wrote: »
    Ah come on, dont be too harsh .... Looking at the FB name the person is Chinese and tries to write English

Her job title is listed as "on d dole nd proud", employer: " d govrmin".

*double shudder*

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Niemoj wrote: »

*double shudder*

Good to know.
    It is one of the reasons i really like waking up at 6 am to go to work.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

"on d dole nd proud"

Am I out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong.

"I've just deleted most of my friends here. You survived the cull, but only just. Pull up your socks and put more effort in"

I thought that was pretty good. Probably an old routine mind you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

"I've just deleted most of my friends here. You survived the cull, but only just. Pull up your socks and put more effort in"

I thought that was pretty good. Probably an old routine mind you.

Grounds for immediate unfriend for me. Pompous A hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

"I wanna wish me ma a happy fathers day. She has been my mammy and my daddy all my life. Thanks ma. Wish I knew who my daddy was."

:eek::eek::eek:

That was one Father's Day gem that I came accross. Doing so well until that last sentence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Every time I'm informed that I've survived a cull I pat myself on the back, shed a little tear and think 'They still love me!' Then I post up another amusing meme about cats or coffee so that they've something to brighten up their day.

Grounds for immediate unfriend for me. Pompous A hole.

I think it was meant to be light hearted, I don't think he was being sincere and demanding more effort, and he didn't even delete one friend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

anyone follow the adventure of a certain traveller who I wont name..he has a full head of hair even though his first names suggests otherwise. a fine mouth of Shane McGowan teeth and his last name is a common travellers name. apparently he's quite famous among the youths

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

Not a status but a general observation

Anyone who posts a picture of themselves in front of a mirror after/ during a workout deserves a puck.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Not a status but a general observation

Anyone who posts a picture of themselves in front of a mirror after/ during a workout deserves a puck.

Mirror selfies in general are cringeamondo

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

*double shudder*

i really believe people like that should be put down. vermin

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭brandnewaward

anyone follow the adventure of a certain traveller who I wont name..he has a full head of hair even though his first names suggests otherwise. a fine mouth of Shane McGowan teeth and his last name is a common travellers name. apparently he's quite famous among the youths

good ol baldy mcD?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Ronald Mcdonald?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

dat ws 6 months ago Bucko ye scutter-in-d-pants... im calln u out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭PandaPoo

Someone asked if a nightclub is free in tomorrow, this was the response from my cousin.

'If its netin itll nli be €5 in'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151555623848224&id=703128223&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

This guy has over 200,000 likes and 100,000 shares for this joke that he posted on his timeline. Apart from a few small changes, it is more or less taken word for word from an anenecdote Bill Bryson tells in his book Down Under. This man seems to be taking credit for writing it , at least he isn't correcting the people who say he did. I know Bill Bryson himself probably wouldn't give a sh1t and I know it shouldn't annoy me so much, but it does! It was just one of my favourite parts of the book.

Am I out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong.

I'll have to agree with you Non Uachtarán, you'd need a dictionary for some of the abbreviations she uses!

i really believe people like that should be put down. vermin

Well I wouldn't go that far now but some spelling, grammar and elocution lessons couldn't do any harm!

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Well I wouldn't go that far now but some spelling, grammar and elocution lessons couldn't do any harm!
    And grammar or spelling lessons are often cheaper than those lethal injection serums

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

cant stand all these selfie pictures crap (there only doing it for attention) and these # things in posts.

one of my friends put up pictures of himself on holidays and had all these # things #hot, #holidays, #bulmersinthesun, #meonholidays

I have a friend who posts about everything they do eg ill be getting up at 8.24 am in the morning' eating at sandwich @ my house' etc. they have 300 friends and nobody posts to them or likes there status or pictures etc

• Registered Users Posts: 38,027 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

RainyDay wrote: »
    Grave selfie?

But seriously, I know one family who pay far more attention to their dead members than to their live ones. They have shrines to the dead, frequent masses, weekly collection for flowers, gravestone washing rota while some of the remaining live members struggle with mental health and relationships.

I guess it's easier to deal with the dead ones, as they don't ask awkward questions back.

i saw a few pictures of familys at graves. What is wrong with people

Why do girls on facebook always look so attractive in there profile pictures and then when u see them in person there not as pretty as they look. Are they airbrushing pics or something. comments like 'stunner hun', ride etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i saw a few pictures of familys at graves. What is wrong with people

Why do girls on facebook always look so attractive in there profile pictures and then when u see them in person there not as pretty as they look. Are they airbrushing pics or something. comments like 'stunner hun', ride etc

Filters, the right angles, lighting, make up etc.. Basically I could make my big toe look like Cindy Crawford if I tried hard enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ... and these # things in posts...
    The most middle-aged post you'll see in here for a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement